DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

33 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

Am quite disappointed that today's OB patch is the first OB patch requiring 480GB SSD or bigger (I have 240GB) and ED not having mentioned this in neither these patchnotes nor in a separate forum- or Discord-post. Cannot fly PvP MP now for several days until my just-ordered 480GB SSD arrives. Very disappointing christmas-situation here... (and many others aswell probably) 👎

Wait, what? For me the update was 50gb but the folded didn't increase its size by that amount, it never does. The update just downloads those and many are just replaced.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

53 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

Am quite disappointed that today's OB patch is the first OB patch requiring 480GB SSD or bigger (I have 240GB) and ED not having mentioned this in neither these patchnotes nor in a separate forum- or Discord-post. Cannot fly PvP MP now for several days until my just-ordered 480GB SSD arrives. Very disappointing christmas-situation here... (and many others aswell probably) 👎

To be honest anyone using a 250gb SSD for DCS has been on borrowed time for a while. The 500gb is a minimum. The next pc build I do will have a 1tb Nvme drive dedicated for DCS. SSD's don't operate at their best when much more than half full. That's just the nature of the beast.

• Like 1

Second favourite thing I just noticed (that isn't even in the patch notes): the double-bind warning signs that even tell you where the conflicting bind is, rather than colour the entire row red in the most unhelpful manner.

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Got something I specifically asked for. Click menu to sort by plane type, airfield type, country etc ... Find all all spots featuring one plane.

Small new bug (slight annyonce level). The Ruler is off while selecting 2nd click if screen resolution isn't the same as DCS resolution. Ruler is correct after releasing 2nd click.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

6 hours ago, DanielNL said:

Daniel, you just need to create a symbolic link for the _downloads folder to your other slower drive.   Also, tis patch does not require even close to 480GB, not sure where you got that from.

6 hours ago, DanielNL said:

My 240GB is fine with DCS so you're wrong. DCS is not one size fits all. Depending on downloaded modules it grows. You just ignored the problem until it hit you. Like others say there are methods to deal with it for now but it's not ED to blame for.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• ED Team
7 hours ago, DanielNL said:

As mentioned in discord, you have to manage your disk space, we can not do it for you. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, Joni said:

Wait, what? For me the update was 50gb but the folded didn't increase its size by that amount, it never does. The update just downloads those and many are just replaced.

It does increase it temporarily. Meaning you need an extra 50GB of space to download and install the patch, this is temporary though and is deleted afterwards. 

With that said, even a tiny change to a terrain map probably means the entire map needs to be downloaded, which is why this patch is so big. 

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

47 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It does increase it temporarily. Meaning you need an extra 50GB of space to download and install the patch, this is temporary though and is deleted afterwards. 

With that said, even a tiny change to a terrain map probably means the entire map needs to be downloaded, which is why this patch is so big. 

There used to have an option to download and unpack on an other drive through an autoupdate_settings.cfg file.

However it is no longer working.  Hardware maker must really love DCS....

The solution found was to uninstall a few maps, update and then reinstall them. That's pretty ridiculous.

Fantastic update!! So much to "unpack" here (pun intended). So far I have ripped off my wingtips in a steep bomb dive in my P-47, heard the R-2800 sputter and struggle as oil and water leaked out, and watched my Methanol Water injection slowly reduce in efficacy and power output. Notice the nice stippling and skin peel from bullet impacts, among so many other things like "cowling buffet".

New ME units look fantastic!!! looking at models from 2012 next to these beauties is a real eye opener as to how much work you guys are doing.

Thank you, thank you!

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Santa came earlier this Christmas! Merry Christmas to everyone at ED team.🎄

• Like 2

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

1 hour ago, dali said:

anybody else has problem running P-47 and Channel map in OB? In my case it freezes after loading. In regular version it works sans any problem.

I tried it and my pc had a hissy fit. I exited the ia mission and even the DCS menu was running very slowly. I restarted the pc but have nt tried the P47 at the Channel map since.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

6 minutes ago, oldpop said:

The patch overview said something about a manual update, but I can't find it anywhere????

Are you talking about the Hornet and Viper manuals?  Yep, they are in the usual place. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

7 minutes ago, ouky1991 said:

I think there's even better performance on the Channel. 

Not in VR there isn't.  Still horrible performance on that map in VR.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

16 minutes ago, ouky1991 said:

But What I absolutely love about this patch is the new spotting. Looks great, please don't change it.

As a 4K player, I'm VERY thankful for spotting improvements to be sure... but testing out the new patch last night, I could see a single F-14 as a black dot over 34 miles away... so my guess is that it isn't here to stay in the form that we just got it in. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this?

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

30 minutes ago, ouky1991 said:

Great work on the latest update ED! Viper SPI, stutter on the WWII DM and lots of other fixes. I think there's even better performance on the Channel. But What I absolutely love about this patch is the new spotting. Looks great, please don't change it.

What's new with the spotting? (Serious question, I haven't had time yet to fire up the beta today) - I fly in VR so spotting can be really an issue.

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

What's new with the spotting? (Serious question, I haven't had time yet to fire up the beta today) - I fly in VR so spotting can be really an issue.

No more white dot, and it's just much better now.

39 minutes ago, wilbur81 said:

As a 4K player, I'm VERY thankful for spotting improvements to be sure... but testing out the new patch last night, I could see a single F-14 as a black dot over 34 miles away... so my guess is that it isn't here to stay in the form that we just got it in. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this?

I'm on 1080p, It might be that. Or perhaps it's just about preference.