DecaGear - new VR headset for 2021?

YoYo

Did you see this? 450$? Sounds too good for this:

- 2160x2160 (so like Reverb)

- 90Hz (like Reverb too)

- wireless (with DecaAir system in the future)

- face and fingers tracking

- SteamVR

More info: https://www.deca.net/decagear/ .

KSWnMQGl.jpg

Estimated time May 2021.

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The wireless thing sounds good for most of the population but I like my wired headset as it is. It is a bit more like a wired/tubed in pilot.

Let us see what the G2 brings and what DecaGear need to equal and surpass.

• Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Looks amazing !!!!! The team seems to be very talented, and they have a prototype with the final shape working.

We have still to see if they can achieve mass production at that price, but I'm hyped !!!!!

BTW, the wireless solution will be based on Wifi, so it will not be as good as the HTC adapters based on WIGIG.

They say they see it mainly as a wired headset.

I don't care for the trend of wireless devices. While I understand wireless is beneficial to standing experiences, it only introduces another failure point for those of us who use VR for seated experiences...like everyone who uses VR for flight or racing simulations. I'm bothered by the trend and that sim folks will get lost in the shuffle as VR appears to tend to wireless devices in some ways..fwiw...

However, since this thing is 450 bucks, I get on the pre-wait-for-the-preorder? It's 10 bucks...why not. But someone tell me if this is going to us WMR. Is it? Or would it use its own software like the Pimax?

And 450 clams is better than the 600 for the Reverb G2...for the same resolution it's pretty much a no brainer...if it works like expected...

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

That looks really nice! Well, since I will forego the Reverb G2, maybe I will get this next. But I’m not sure how much of an upgrade to my G1 this might be.

Just where did you see that this should be completely wireless? They are talking about their DecaAir pack. But I can‘t find any info that this is wireless only.

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

Have they shared anything on the fov of this headset?

I just checked the site on my mobile, but I couldn't find any info on fov

(Horrible site for mobile use by the way)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

No, I didnt noticed this in his materials but according resolution example - 2160x2160 pxt I think it will the same like in Reverb (FOV about 114 deg), not like in Pimax.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Looks interesting, but at the end of the day I don't really think it will offer much beyond what the gen2 reverb does for DCS. Of course wireless is great for other VR things, but for seated VR largely irrelevant. Also, we have no idea on what types of lenses/IPD/screens etc are in this headset.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It doesn't sound too good to be true really. Back in 2015, it used to cost about that with the promise and premise that in time, the price would eventually go down. 5 years later, people are paying twice as much thinking it's just "normal". The technology already evolved, there is a healthy supply of the required high frequency screens but they keep charging higher and higher prices. $450 is already on the high end of the price spectrum of what "they said it was going to be today".

• Like 1

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Remember that, now, every new headset that intend to enter the market will have to take into account the Quest 2 price.

It won´t be easy to any company trying to enter the market now.

But this company won´t be able to manofacture in such great volume to acomplish that intended price in my opinion.

Will see.

Yeah, price manipulation with fecesbook seems to be the name of the game. Undercut the market, get market share. Happily get monopoly, charge what you want.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Youtube review I watched, the guy called the dev team and they are claiming 117*

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

This thing seems too good to be true at that price, and I'm afraid it's a scam, as the owner was involved in some adware business earlier in his career. See uploadvr article about it (although be advised, it's writen by the one and only "Insufferable (Oculus) Fanboy" David Heaney). I'm rooting for every new HMD on the market, though I'd prefer new SteamVR offering than another WMR offering - for that there's the G2. And wireless is great as long as you still have wired option. We will see when this thing pops out if it's worth the hype. Certainly sounds interesting.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Whats the latest and greatest on this? I did see projected release in Q4 22,,, would like to see some Utube reviews of development, but have not found any.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

On 10/29/2020 at 11:17 PM, StarLightPL said:

This thing seems too good to be true at that price, and I'm afraid it's a scam, as the owner was involved in some adware business earlier in his career. See uploadvr article about it (although be advised, it's writen by the one and only "Insufferable (Oculus) Fanboy" David Heaney). I'm rooting for every new HMD on the market, though I'd prefer new SteamVR offering than another WMR offering - for that there's the G2. And wireless is great as long as you still have wired option. We will see when this thing pops out if it's worth the hype. Certainly sounds interesting.

Their ETA date is in 2025

By the time this headset arrives in our hands (if ever), it will be obsolete.

• Like 1

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

Eh,,, was wishful thinking,, another contender in the ring would have been great! Thanks for the response.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle