DCS: Black Shark Producer's Note #7 Streaming Version Available

Wags

That's incredible news wags, finally there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Sounds like there will be less producer's notes than planned before release :thumbup:

Is the build 50 you were talking about like a release candidate?

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Wags (or anyone who knows), quick question: does the real KA-50 have a flare dispenser button on the piolet's HOTAS or does he have to reach up to the Red button on the panel? Just wondering because if the real HOTAS doesn't have it I won't map it on mine!

Infact, now that I'm asking, will the manual contain a discription of what functions the HOTAS controls on the KA-50 have mapped to them in real life?

Regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

I have noticed in this video that the slip indicator ball moves erratic, never centered.

First with high vibration a little to the left, then in the first turn, to the top right, no matter the next movements the ka-50 are doing.

And finally in an apparent straight flight the slip ball is again outside the center.

This is the normal work behaviour of the slip indicator? Also another needles are moving up and down very fast in short space into the dial and the ka-50 dont seems to vibrate so much.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

This is the normal work behaviour of the slip indicator? Also another needles are moving up and down very fast in short space into the dial and the ka-50 dont seems to vibrate so much.

I think, but I am not sure, the needle you are talking about is really the AoA indicator. In stationary it moves up and down quite fast, but I think is only the effect of the vortex air from the blade disc pushing the AoA sensor up and down. When the helicopter gains speed, the AoA indicator remains more stable.

No idea about the slip indicator, though.

Regards!!

I need a second 8800GT

No you dont. It wont do much good for LOMAC (in specific), trust me, look at my setup.

Your current CPU is the weakest link.

Drop the money for a cheap MOBO and a low entry dual core and then overclock it because you can just use every other component. Your FPS change will then be much more pronounced.

I suggest INTEL CORE 2 DUO E7200 (2.53GHZ) wich is 1066 FSB CPU, then an ASUS P5KPL wich is a 1333Mhz board, youll get overclock to 3.2Ghz for free and effortless.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Wow, great news. Thank you so much!

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

I have noticed in this video that the slip indicator ball moves erratic, never centered.

First with high vibration a little to the left, then in the first turn, to the top right, no matter the next movements the ka-50 are doing.

And finally in an apparent straight flight the slip ball is again outside the center.

The slip indicator moves around like that because Wags is flying out of trim. I forgive him because flying perfectly straight is not the point of the Producer's Note.

The only other gauge that bounces around is the G-meter on the left side of the panel. It's just measuring the current G-load on the airframe. I guess it's really accurate. ;)

Thanks AlphaOneSix. Quick response XD

The importance of trim is more than one can think...

Really BS needs A LOT OF LEARNING by us, and this " little " things are basic for a real simulation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

• ED Team
The slip indicator moves around like that because Wags is flying out of trim. I forgive him because flying perfectly straight is not the point of the Producer's Note.

The only other gauge that bounces around is the G-meter on the left side of the panel. It's just measuring the current G-load on the airframe. I guess it's really accurate. ;)

Indeed. As stated in an early note, I am a terrible virtual helicopter pilot ;)

• ED Team
Wags (or anyone who knows), quick question: does the real KA-50 have a flare dispenser button on the piolet's HOTAS or does he have to reach up to the Red button on the panel? Just wondering because if the real HOTAS doesn't have it I won't map it on mine!

Infact, now that I'm asking, will the manual contain a discription of what functions the HOTAS controls on the KA-50 have mapped to them in real life?

Regards,

Just the button on the UV-26 panel if I recall correctly.

The manual has full images and function call-outs for the collective and cyclic.

Cannot wait to get my Grubby Paws on that manual and print all 600+ pages of Goodliness ready to be bound.........Good Times :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If you print the whole manual i asure you to waste more money than in the game itself.

Reserve the money for the DVD XDD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The full resolution version is available for download here (registration required): http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...oducts&lang=en

Hey Matt, when I downloaded the file off of DCS, it was an unknown file. It was missing its file extension like .wmv, is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Edited by SuperKungFu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Matt, when I downloaded the file off of DCS, it was an unknown file. It was missing its file extension like .wmv, is anyone else seeing the same thing?

i got the same thing, just dropped it in VLC and it still played.

excellent video with some excellent news... :thumbup: i am excited beyond the legal limits...

Do you guys plan on shipping BlackShark with pre-made profiles for HOTAS such as the Cougar, Saitek X52 and CH Products setups?

Just having the keyboard commands loaded into the macro file for us ahead of time will save quite a bit of time creating a new profile.

Don't be so lazy:music_whistling:

Great Video. :thumbup: