F-15E WIP Update Discussion

DSplayer

33 minutes ago, JumpinK said:

"The Year of the Strike Eagle"... well... half of the year is already gone... that's why I have trust issues now...

"Years' don't always mean calendar years.  The year starts when the module is released. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 4:23 PM, Phantom88 said:

It's a WIP Update  Just as The title of this sub-forum states 

Sorry Patrick. I am not trying to shoot eh messenger. However, In my opinion, a picture of a manual's cover, be it WIP or finished product is just a tease. It is useless, other than showing a manual will be provided. Releasing the manual to the general public, even if it isn't finished, will go further in exciting potential buyers (and the patient preorders, of which I am one) than telling us there is A WIP manual in the works. There comes a time with pre-release publicity when it is "put up or shut up" time. I think we are nearing that moment. I for one am getting tired of all the "teases" To quote the old Wendy's commercial, "Where's the meat?"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

jmig I understand your frustration....We all want to be able to fly and enjoy this aircraft ASAP....but my post wasn't just a picture of the manual...it was actually a link to a tweet from Baltic Dragon with a update about the manual....I can see how this was confusing ...I will be more direct with my posts in future,My Appolagies for the misunderstanding 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Patrick

mini.gif

2 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

jmig I understand your frustration....We all want to be able to fly and enjoy this aircraft ASAP....but my post wasn't just a picture of the manual...it was actually a link to a tweet from Baltic Dragon with a update about the manual....I can see how this was confusing ...I will be more direct with my posts in future,My Appolagies for the misunderstanding 

There is no need for you to apologize. I know there was a link to a Twitter post. The point I was trying to make is that a picture of the manual's cover, with a link to the original post or not, is still just another commercial for the product. I was all excited when I saw your post. I thought we would be able to download an "early access" of the manual and began reading. In fairness, I am an old-fart who still reads rather than watches TV. I spent ten-years studying Dash-1's in the USAF. I am comfortable with a manual and can go at my old-fart's pace. 

Again, my comments are directed at Razbam and their endless carrot on a stick, not you. I appreciate your updates.

• Like 3

On 5/3/2023 at 2:24 AM, ironhard said:

Given the fact that the tutorial videos are not on par with Matt Wagner's and that they are very long and boring to watch, too much blablabla, I think even with a good manual, Chuck's guide will definitely be more than helpful.

Disagree. Wags videos are generally short and not too deep into detail which IMO is the complete opposite of the f-15e videos, which are full of "blablabla" DETAILS

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pii said:

Disagree. Wags videos are generally short and not too deep into detail which IMO is the complete opposite of the f-15e videos, which are full of "blablabla" DETAILS

Yes, Wags are more like quick start guides, cool if you just want to know HOW to do anything.

Notso videos teach you HOW to do and WHY. I can understand that for people who just want to know how they might be boring and slow paced, but for us "rivet counters" and "procedure nerds" it is a goldmine.

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

18 hours ago, pii said:

Sorry, disagree.

Wags videos are efficient and straight to the point and full of information, like tutorials should be. Otherwise, read a book or join the air force.

Edited by ironhard

33 minutes ago, ironhard said:

Sorry, disagree.

Wags videos are efficient and straight to the point and full of information, like tutorials should be. Otherwise, read a book or join the air force.

They are not full of information, they just give you a quick guide of how to do something, but you will just repeat that like a mechanicus priest in warhammer 40k. Yes, it works that way but you don't know why.

We indeed read a book, the manual. The problem is that most of the time the manual is not up to the desired level, because early access. 

• Like 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A little more hype.

In the Decemeber it was "imminent", now we have "full afterburner lunch" whatever it means ;).

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

6 hours ago, ironhard said:

Sorry, disagree.

Whatever. I personally watch both and my experience is the opposite...go figure.

There is only ONE way to settle this.....

Dogfight! 🙂 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jarhead0331 said:

They apparently have a date. Why they wouldn't reveal it in this Friday's newsletter is beyond me. I agree...its getting old.

Because if they were to have any unforeseen delays that effects the release date, the community will once again get mad much like what happened with the pre-order date.

• Like 1

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

7 hours ago, Tenkom said:

It better still be 2 weeks because I just embarked on a 2 week job at sea. If it launches while I'm at sea I'm going to lose it. 

Won't it be worse to get it for a week and then have to leave it?  At least this way you won't know what you're missing.  Razbam makes really good stuff, so I'm pretty confident it's going to be an entertaining plane.

Edited by Rex
  • Like 1

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

34 minutes ago, DSplayer said:

Because if they were to have any unforeseen delays that effects the release date, the community will once again get mad much like what happened with the pre-order date.

The Internet Outrage Machine has been on overdrive for the last, what, four or five years?  Who gives a flying monkey !@# if they get mad, I'd love to know so I can clear that day of everything else.  And if it slips, it slips.  Everyone knows going in that it very well might.  Nature of the beast.

Yes, I would cancel plans to fly a new DCS plane.

Most plans, in fact.

Don't judge me!

P.S. The release date is also the last date any of you will win an MP engagement, because I'm going to go full-max-fanny-wax once we get it.

Edited by Rex
  • Like 2

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

7 hours ago, icebearbear said:

stupid RB is slowly eating my patience

What percentage of the population is clamoring for a study-level F15E?  It's a tiny niche market that the big game developers wouldn't touch with a 100-foot pole.

I'm just grateful as hell that someone has actually gone through the trouble and tedium to make one, and as a software dev myself, could imagine 1,000 last-minute things that could come up and derail a scheduled launch.  It's an incredibly-complex project.

I'm impatient too, and want this thing yesterday, but I'm so grateful that they're even making it, that you would never be able to convince me to criticize them.  RAZBAM does good work, and good work is rarely timely work in software.  I take the slips as an indication that they care about releasing a quality product.  I'm sure they want it released every bit as much as we do, and they are just as, if not more disappointed, when it doesn't happen when scheduled.

Cut them some slack, IMHO, and be happy that it's coming relatively soon .... even if we don't know precisely when.

I mean, I always wanted a Hi-Fi F15, and mulled over my two options:

1) Spend 200,00 man-hours writing the code and creating the images

2) Plunk down $60 and have someone else do it for me

It was a tough decision, but after weighing all sides, I went with #2. 

I don't know how demanding I can reasonably be about it, though.

Edited by Rex
  • Like 7

Rex's Rig

32 minutes ago, Rex said:

you would never be able to convince me to criticize them

Fully agree, even if I have not yet pre-ordered and even if some items of the Mig-19 have not fulfilled my expectations, I don’t like gratuitous critic that can affect the developer’s bottom line.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

8 hours ago, icebearbear said:

stupid RB is slowly eating my patience

I'm almost at the point of wanting my money back...
...not because I need the money back but wanting to let RB know that I don't feel treated respectfully as a customer.

Half a year of dead silence about a release date is too much for me.

If the F-15E does not satisfy 100% it might be my very last module from RB.

Edited by JumpinK
  • Like 2

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.