Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

2 hours ago, iRocco said:

Which one did you get?

I decided to go the whole 9 yards with Virpil. Ordered the normal Rotor Base with a Constellation L together with the Chair Mount and additionally a MongooseT Base with 20cm Extension for my WH Stick plus Desk Mount since my homebuilt desk mount won’t work with the extension.

I briefly contemplated getting a TCS plus Base and a Hawk grip but I’ll use the WH throttle as throttle (which should only be needed twice per flight) and since the Constellation has a ministick and more buttons/hats than the Hawk I went with that combo.

Edited by Archduke
Clarification: Manufacturer
  • Like 1

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

14 hours ago, Sukhoi1991 said:

I have a feeling that next video would be the cold start and next would be release.

the manual is available so the release is coming!

You mean the quick start guide? If not please where can I find the manual..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 minutes ago, oscar19681 said:

You mean the quick start guide? If not please where can I find the manual..

The "Quick Start Guide" doesn't look and feel anything other than a full fleshed out manual in the making. Have you checked it out?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/AH64D_flight_manual_en/

Over 300 Pages. I really think, it's just an uncareful choice of words here....

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

As the release is feeling "imminent" for real, well within the TwoWeeks™ windows, is there any announce for "dedicated hardware" by any of the major manufacturer ? I've only found BugEyeTech  and it doesnt realy look like they sell this to "casual gamer". Sorry if Off Topic.

2 hours ago, Archduke said:

I decided to go the whole 9 yards with Virpil. Ordered the normal Rotor Base with a Constellation L together with the Chair Mount and additionally a MongooseT Base with 20cm Extension for my WH Stick plus Desk Mount since my homebuilt desk mount won’t work with the extension.

I briefly contemplated getting a TCS plus Base and a Hawk grip but I’ll use the WH throttle as throttle (which should only be needed twice per flight) and since the Constellation has a ministick and more buttons/hats than the Hawk I went with that combo.

Youre really going all out on this. Dedication. I ordered a bunch of Virpil a few weeks ago. Still processing. They said Leadtime is abt 5 weeks

3 hours ago, MstrCmdr said:

Youre really going all out on this. Dedication. I ordered a bunch of Virpil a few weeks ago. Still processing. They said Leadtime is abt 5 weeks

I simply found out how much I love flying helos. Not that I'm any good at it – yet.

I think the estimates from Virpil are quite conservative. I ordered on Feb 14, so it's been exactly 3 weeks. What did you order?

Edited by Archduke

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

38 minutes ago, Archduke said:

I simply found out how much I love flying helos. Not that I'm any good at it – yet.

I think the estimates from Virpil are quite conservative. I ordered on Feb 14, so it's been exactly 3 weeks. What did you order?

Mine was exactly a week later on feb 21.

Nice! Ya helos are fun but ill never forget my first love the A10.

ConstellationR, mongoose cm2 base, CM3 throttle, control panel 2, and some mounts and other accessories. These had enough buttons for the apache and appeared to be the best fit for the wide variety of flying I do. I was sick of replacing my TWCS or T16000 every year from wearing them out. These should last a long while.

Let us know when your order passes processing.

1 minute ago, MstrCmdr said:

Mine was exactly a week later on feb 21.

[…]

Let us know when your order passes processing.

That’s a nice collection. 😃

My I rder was already shipped today, should have it within the week.

1 hour ago, iRocco said:

So startup video today and tomorrow release?

I think that we all here wish for that to happen, but only ED knows for sure. 🙂 But we have waited this long, we can wait a little bit more can't we?😏

Current HW:

• AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB | 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 @ 3600Mhz
  • GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO | Seasonic Prime GX-850 |Samsung 970 EVO 1TB | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 250GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB | Samsung 870 EVO 1TB
  • Logitech X52 Pro HOTAS + Pedals |Meta Quest 3 | Tobbi Eye Tracker 5 | Opentrack with PS3 Eye + Clip | Primary: 28" ASUS TUF Gaming VG289Q; Secondary: 28" iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU (both 3840 x 2160, 60Hz, 4K)

DCS Modules (all on Steam):

• F/A-18C | F-16C | L-39 | A-10C | FC3 | JF-17 | AH-64D | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | Mi-8MTV2 | Supercarrier
  • Persian Gulf | Syria | Nevada | Marianas | Sinai

Running on DCS Open Beta.

1 hour ago, MrSmithCZ said:

I think that we all here wish for that to happen, but only ED knows for sure. 🙂 But we have waited this long, we can wait a little bit more can't we?😏

Hopefully this week...
Probably next one...
Factualy Coming ***by*** March 31, 2022 (Q1 2022) / Coming No Later than 31 March 2022

4 hours ago, iRocco said:

IIRC the Module might release before all the videos are done. Someone asked Wags if videos were requirement for release and he said no.

Edited by hotrod525

4 hours ago, iRocco said:

As Wags replied before: first George AI, then countermeasures, the startup video comes only after those.

• PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

1 hour ago, St4rgun said:

As Wags replied before: first George AI, then countermeasures, the startup video comes only after those.

Yeah I saw this too. Was hoping for release tomorrow but I think it will be next week (or later) based on this.... maybe actually two weeks!

Edited by Hoirtel

hace 1 hora, St4rgun dijo:

The image of the capture of the screen that is contained in the comment of Lampshade indicates that Matt Wagner has stated that we "Certainly [do] not" need to wait until all of the videos are released until the module is available in Open Beta.

I believe that the module will be available before the end of the week.

A video of people using the module is on Youtube.

The manual of the module is released.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/AH64D_flight_manual_en/

All of the signs are indicating to me that the module will be out within this week and I hope that we will not be disappointed.

Edited by El buscador de la verdad

(Number of galaxies * number of stars) / (number of habitable planets * intelligent life on said planets) = release date of March 18th 2022.

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

13 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

...and I hope that we will not be disappointed.

Disappointment = Expectations - Reality.

Lower your Expectations = win.

Edit: I will be happy, if you are right though! 🤗

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

21 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

The image of the capture of the screen that is contained in the comment of Lampshade indicates that Matt Wagner has stated that we "Certainly [do] not" need to wait until all of the videos are released until the module is available in Open Beta.

All of the signs are indicating to me that the module will be out within this week and I hope that we will not be disappointed.

Wags said the startup vid will be last before it drops. Those people using it on YT are closed beta testers. We've had manuals a few weeks before release before. Super carrier is the one that I remember. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

I'm not sure we can equate a video of SMEs and Wags as "people" - if Grim Reapers were making videos with it, sure I'd be fairly annoyed. But that video was a treat for us from Casmo, likely sanctioned by ED.

As said above - expectations = disappointment. What's another week or two anyway, after all this time?

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

4 minutes ago, LooseSeal said:

I'm not sure we can equate a video of SMEs and Wags as "people" - if Grim Reapers were making videos with it, sure I'd be fairly annoyed. But that video was a treat for us from Casmo, likely sanctioned by ED.

As said above - expectations = disappointment. What's another week or two anyway, after all this time?

Where ED santioned Casmo? Sources?

• ED Team
1 hour ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

The SME team had a testing session, the test went well and was good enough for a video, approval was given to Casmo to share the video with you all.

Enjoy the video and look forward to the release, when we are ready to let you know the release day we will. Keep an eye on the patch status post on the forum. 

thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2