Release by end of Q1 2022

xavnl

• ED Team

Hi all,

please use English in the English threads. 

Thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 2/18/2022 at 9:09 PM, El buscador de la verdad said:

Someone made an analogy to food. 
You would not wait for one course for 20 hours, especially if the chef was making videos of him eating spaghetti and inviting others to eat it while you were told to shut up and to wait and that this is just the way that it has been and always will be.

...except, that what is happening here is, that you have to wait 45 min for your meal instead of the usual 30 min.

And to be honest - that happens a lot when eating outside.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

2 minutes ago, El buscador de la verdad said:

I asked him, "You forgot that we are using English?". 😁

Ha.

This reminds me of the intro scene in Fury when Wardaddy says to Gordo its an American tank not a Mexican tank.  "Explain to Gordo its a tool of war" 'Its a tool of war Gordo"

10 hours ago, Hiob said:

...except, that what is happening here is, that you have to wait 45 min for your meal instead of the usual 30 min.

And to be honest - that happens a lot when eating outside.

I really want to see the restaurant in which you only have to wait for 45 minutes... and I'm not talking the ones like The Golden Gull - even those constatly fail to meet their proclaimed times (10+ minutes is absolutely common).

In the end, expecting a piece of software to drop at the initially announced date is like going to see a doctor with an appointment at 0930 and expecting to actually see him at 1200 or even earlier. That simply isn't the way it works.

Anyways, currently I'm rather confident that ED will meet the Q1 goal, based on the closed beta running already and the video output. March 23 would be great.

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

vor 46 Minuten schrieb Jarhead0331:

So, like, is release by the end of February totally off the table now?

I would guess so. Wags mentioned somewhere that the cold start video is probably the last one before the release.

According to this post, we are still missing 6 mini updates:

Am 16.2.2022 um 13:57 schrieb 1stBEAST:

Keine Beschreibung verfügbar.

So when we see George, its time to get exited. Based on the current update pace and how things went during the Hind release, I would expect 3-4 weeks from now until it drops.

My bet, Wednesday 16.04.2022. 🙃(originally I said friday until I realized thats a bad day for a release 😜)

Edited by Wychmaster

hace 16 horas, MstrCmdr dijo:

Ha.

This reminds me of the intro scene in Fury when Wardaddy says to Gordo its an American tank not a Mexican tank.  "Explain to Gordo its a tool of war" 'Its a tool of war Gordo"

I have not seen this movie, perhaps I will need to now. ( Ne he visto esta película. Quizá yo necesitaría verlo ahora. )

😁

#Ardennes Offensive de The Beauty & The Horror.

giphy.gif

#ah-64 apache de Just DoD

• ED Team
4 hours ago, Jarhead0331 said:

So, like, is release by the end of February totally off the table now?

by the end of Q1 2022. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Off topic posts removed. 

Please read the forum rules before posting. 

If this thread is derailed again it will get closed. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 8:39 PM, Eldur said:

In the end, expecting a piece of software to drop at the initially announced date is like going to see a doctor with an appointment at 0930 and expecting to actually see him at 1200 or even earlier. That simply isn't the way it works.

First of all, I had an appointment with my Doc yesterday at 1:30 PM, I was there on time and done and out by 1:45.  So yes, it CAN work that way.  And the "initially announced" date was December of last year, we are well past that and have seen pushback after pushback.  

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

The fiscal year for most companies runs from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31 (although it doesn't have to). The standard calendar quarters that make up the year are as follows:

• January, February, and March (Q1)
  • April, May, and June (Q2)
  • July, August, and September (Q3)
  • October, November, and December (Q4

Soooo....the end of Q1 would be end of March.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

8 hours ago, rglmsgt said:

I thought the late release date was:   February 22, 2022 ??  anybody?

Don't know where you got that from. I never recall seeing it as Feb 22. It was originally Dec 2021, then January 2022, and then changed to 'by the end of Q1' 2022. So we're talking up to and including March 31st. Unlike Dec and Jan however - there are reports of it on Youtube now being in the Closed Beta tester teams hands. That gives me much more confident that by the end of March we will see something on our own PC's unless something very unexpected ends up happening.

Wag's video's have increased in frequency as well - at a rate that I would assume would cover most aspects by the end of March. When we see him doing hellfire video's and a cold startup procedure - then I'll start having hope for something prior to end of March as a guess. Until then - I think March 31st or thereabouts is where my expectations lie. ED is unlikely to push back again, but will probably use all the time they have purchased to get it as bug free and smooth as possible.

Either that - or it may be released on a particular week in March when I'm away and won't be on my PC - coz goodluck and I don't often go together. 😄

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 2

I have seen a lot of software developments during the 44 years of my career, and very rarely did they go live in the planned quarter or even month. And those were much less complex than flight simulators. I have seen some go live prematurely due to marketing pressure, and that was disastrous for productivity and image.

I'm neither surprised nor disappointed. I would be very disappointed however if they released bad quality.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I’ve been on this forum for years; since the original KA-50 and largely don’t post much. I’ve bought numerous early access modules and am probably looking forward to the Apache the most (very very close tie between that and the Viper - I played the crap out of Falcon 4). I’m sick and tired of people complaining about dates being pushed. I work in IT (20+ years) and do application production support - I.e application development teams put in $hit code and my teams fix it when it breaks. I’ve never complained about having to wait for a product to be released in early access even after paying for it. I MUCH rather have a bug free (as possible) early access at a discount and get it when it comes out than get a product that is buggy and featureless. As others have said, this is a SUPER niche product with not much financial return and the quality of the product we get is second to none. Just be patient - we all want to fly the Apache, bug free and with features 🙂 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

38 minutes ago, automag928 said:

I’ve been on this forum for years; since the original KA-50 and largely don’t post much. I’ve bought numerous early access modules and am probably looking forward to the Apache the most (very very close tie between that and the Viper - I played the crap out of Falcon 4). I’m sick and tired of people complaining about dates being pushed. I work in IT (20+ years) and do application production support - I.e application development teams put in $hit code and my teams fix it when it breaks. I’ve never complained about having to wait for a product to be released in early access even after paying for it. I MUCH rather have a bug free (as possible) early access at a discount and get it when it comes out than get a product that is buggy and featureless. As others have said, this is a SUPER niche product with not much financial return and the quality of the product we get is second to none. Just be patient - we all want to fly the Apache, bug free and with features 🙂 

Also in the biz, and you're speaking some truth here.  

Those that sign up for pre-release in exchange for the discount and then complain every day that it's not released should take a hard look at whether they've got the intellectual mustard to participate in such a program.  ED maintains a very forthcoming stance on new products compared to like, ... anybody. I don't want to see that change.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

hace 11 horas, Cab dijo:

Darth Vader - I'm altering the deal Pray I don't alter it any further

1. So, the assertion is that the word, "preorder" precludes all possibility for early access and that there is no prior president in other things where those that preordered and pre-paid had early access? 

2. A. If the other guy is not claiming that his position is the universally preferable position and that disagreement with it constitutes error, then is it reasonable to imply such statements when one expreses their disagreement to it? B. Would it not be more reasonable to reciprocate the same consideration that the other party himself extended? 

hace 17 horas, Dangerzone dijo:

Don't know where you got that from. I never recall seeing it as Feb 22. It was originally Dec 2021, then January 2022, and then changed to 'by the end of Q1' 2022. So we're talking up to and including March 31st. Unlike Dec and Jan however - there are reports of it on Youtube now being in the Closed Beta tester teams hands. That gives me much more confident that by the end of March we will see something on our own PC's unless something very unexpected ends up happening.

Wag's video's have increased in frequency as well - at a rate that I would assume would cover most aspects by the end of March. When we see him doing hellfire video's and a cold startup procedure - then I'll start having hope for something prior to end of March as a guess. Until then - I think March 31st or thereabouts is where my expectations lie. ED is unlikely to push back again, but will probably use all the time they have purchased to get it as bug free and smooth as possible.

Either that - or it may be released on a particular week in March when I'm away and won't be on my PC - coz goodluck and I don't often go together. 😄

It is these videos exactly that torments me.

In my mind I think, "Stop showing me what I can not have. 
The machine of hype is cruel."
Then, when the intentional hype functions you are scolded for wanting to access the thing that was hyped. 
"Just stop showing us videos of what we can not have. It is better to just be surprised when it comes out one day instead of having us wait in frustration."

Edited by El buscador de la verdad

It is these videos exactly that torments me.
In my mind I think, "Stop showing me what I can not have. 
The machine of hype is cruel."
Then, when the intentional hype functions you are scolded for wanting to access the thing that was hyped. 
"Just stop showing us videos of what we can not have. It is better to just be surprised when it comes out one day instead of having us wait in frustration."
You need to learn what PRE-order means.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2