FAQ and Updates

OnReTech

We have to be patient. We already know that there is an update! So we just have to wait! We will fly on the other maps and Afghanistan should be released at the end of the month. Patience is a virtue! Happy flying!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

My interpretation for: [..]We continue to work on the 4th final phase of the Sinai project (release), which will include[..]

we need to wait for the first updated after EA-Release at least another 6 months!

Proof me wrong...

• Like 1

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Miro said:

I seen similar post couple months ago, "it's soon"... How soon, half year? Another year?

It may not be this next update probably the one after, we are testing internally. 

I get the angst but it takes time, you need to be patient. 

thank you 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 6/15/2024 at 6:37 PM, ThorBrasil said:

First of all, thank you very much for the great update!
The fact that Jordan and the UAE are getting an airport is really cool. I think the UAE is too far away to get an airport, but I believe that it will be Saudi Arabia that will get one, not the UAE. Maybe it's a typo or I'm misinterpreting. Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to the update!

Agreed, can't possibly be UAE. But knowing there will be a Jordan airfield is fantastic, hope the other one is indeed Saudi as you suspect! 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 4:26 PM, OnReTech said:

Dear friends and pilots. :pilotfly:

Thank you for your patience and support !!!

Phase 3 is going through all stages of testing and we hope that it will be released soon and available for updating.
Phase 3 will include:

• Fixing bugs from users and beta testers (more than 100)
  • Airfields: 15 pcs and unique scenes for there:
    • Quwaysina
    • Birma/Tanta Air Base
    • Al Rahmaniyah
    • Borg-el-Arab/Intl
    • Jiyanklis New
    • Gebel el Basur
    • Al Khatatbah
    • Kom Awshim
    • Beni Suef
    • Wadi Abu Rish
    • El Minya
    • Hurghada
    • Wadi Abu Shihat
    • Ramon International airport
    • Sharm El Sheikh
  • Unique objects and architectural monuments, industrial facilities - more than 100 pieces (link below)
  • Added more typical scene objects like yacht, ndb tower etc..
  • Vector data - zones of new airfields, places under unique objects.
  • City textures and assets - improvement, garbage cleaning
  • 2 types of acacia bushes for the south of Israel
  • New more realistic seabed texture
  • Parking for f35 and hangar for Israel airfields
  • Improved scenes for helipads
  • Night illumination of unique objects
  • Upgrading the Pyramids of Giza and the tombs around the pyramids
  • Trees on mountains in Israel
  • Added of military installations of Egypt (northern and southern camp) and military bases on Israel
  • Improving ground textures (adding more color variety)
  • Added Oil Platforms

We continue to work on the 4th final phase of the Sinai project (release), which will include:

• Airfields for Jordan and UAE, 1 for each country
  • Working with rocks for unique places, Ramon, Petra, etc.. (Development of a utility in TDK is required)
  • Bugs and improvements that constantly come from users

That's awesome news!
It doesn't answer the most important question though: Will the bullseye finally get fixed? :smile:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 5

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The updates look amazing and well worth the wait, very pleased to see the Dome of the Rock amongst the landmark buildings and the updates to the Giza plateau, and Petra at some point too.  Was interesting to read that new TDKs have to be developed for some of the new rock formations, I guess that's why Petra has to wait.  This area of the world has an incredibly rich history and was not represented (understandably) in it's full glory in early access.

• Like 1

If there was people walking around in these pictures, these would be as close to photos as you can get. OnRetech will raise the bar when this gets released. Fantastic work.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 4:26 PM, OnReTech said:

Screen_240613_022506.jpg

I'm curious how will the balloons work?

Will they be present at night? If so - are they gonna be properly illuminated?

WIll they have collision and damage models? How will they interact with aircraft and AI?

Are they placable objects? Do they move at all?

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

2 hours ago, draconus said:

I'm curious how will the balloons work?

Will they be present at night? If so - are they gonna be properly illuminated?

WIll they have collision and damage models? How will they interact with aircraft and AI?

Are they placable objects? Do they move at all?

I think that has "attrezo".... no EDM objects.

All of this "yeah, it will soon be ready" means absolutely nothing without a timeline. I have no words for all of this...I am just dissapointed to the max. The DCS F-15E was refundable...I wish, this map was, too. ORT had an extremely good start but then???! ORT has been nothing but a massive dissapointment. Tell us something! Tell us a timeline when you (ORT) think, you will be able to present an update to DCS Sinai. Tell us, what will be in this update. At this point I have lost any trust in your ability to deliver anything but shiny pics. Tell us something we can rely on! No, at this point you guys at ORT owe us a concrete timeline. At this point, there is no room for any excuses, anymore. More than a year without anything, any update, is more than I am willing to take...this can´t go on for any longer!

• Like 5

On 9/27/2022 at 10:39 PM, OnReTech said:

FAQ

Note: This FAQ is very much subject to change, and nothing should be construed as a "promise". This the current intention as of 27 September 2022.

Who is developing this map?

OnReTech was formed in October 2021 to develop terrains.

With more than seven years of experience creating terrains for flight simulators, including DCS, we have assembled a team of dedicated artists, engineers, researchers, and managers to create new and interesting battlefields for DCS World.

Why Sinai?

The Sinai map is of great historical importance that includes several past conflicts. The map will include different types of surfaces, large and small rivers, forests, fields, and mountains. Large and small cities, many military airfields, road and rail networks, ports will also be included. Despite large portions of desert, the map will also include greenery and forests along the Nile Delta and in Israel.

What does the Sinai roadmap include?

The project is divided into three phases in total.

Early access: first + second phase.

Map update: bonus phase with expansion of the detailed territory with 3-4 additional airfields (it's a secret for now; we're still considering which ones).

Final release: third phase

First phase 

This will Include a 1500 x 1000 km area. Of this, a 700 by 700 km will be created in high detail and accuracy. Phase 1 will include many large and small cities like Cairo and include landmarks like the pyramids of Giza. Both natural and manmade features will be included. 

Airfields of the first phase:

Egypt:

• Al Ismailiyah Air Base

• Faid

• Kibrit Air Base

• Abu Sultan

• Abu Suwayr

• As Salihiyah

• Bir Jifjafa/Malez

• Wadi al Jandali

Israel:

• Nevatim Airbase

• Hatzerim Airbase

• Ramon Airbase

• Uvda/Ovda

Second phase. 

Additional unique objects and scenery for Israel and Egypt will be added.

Airfields of the second phase:

Egypt:

• Al Mansurah

• Az Zaqaziq

• Inshas Airbase

• Cairo International Airport

• Cairo West (Almaza)

• Bilbeis Air Base

Israel:

• Sde Dov Airport

• Palmachim Airbase

• Hatzor

• Tel Nof

• Ben Gurion

Third phase.

Airfields of the third phase:

Egypt:

• Quwaysina

• Birma/Tanta Air Base

• Al Rahmaniyah

• Borg-el-Arab/Intl

• Jiyanklis New

• Gebel el Basur

• Al Khatatbah

• Kom Awshim

• Beni Suef

• Wadi Abu Rish

• El Minya

• Hurghada

• Wadi Abu Shihat

When will this map be available?

We are planning an early access release in the first quarter of 2023. This is subject to change.

How much will this map cost?

Base price - $49.99 USD

Early access - $39.99 USD

What period is this map based on?

The map is being designed to represent the 2000s to the present.

Will we see Ramat David? It's currently a part of the terrain in the high res area.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2024 at 11:55 PM, inexus said:

Another "soon..." update from the devs. I'll believe when I see it and not a second before. This map has been collecting dust for so long. Huge parts of the map is just emptiness while others appear to have random pieces of green fields that does not line up. Looking at the new screenshots of airfields it still shows this in places - it looks very unnatural. The map needs a huge amount of work.

The focus so far appear to have been on the areas around the pyramids. Hope to see more than the city closeups for what is being updated.

image.jpeg

Screen_240616_090735.jpg

Screen_240616_091510.jpg

Screen_240616_102449.jpg

Screen_240616_102404.jpg

Screen_240616_102104.jpg

Screen_240616_101638.jpg

Screen_240616_101908.jpg

Lets add this one as well

null

image.png

• Like 3

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta