Caucasus map graphics update....Pls!!!

Shazzer

1 hour ago, Shazzer said:

Are there any plans to improve the graphics.

Doubtful, since Caucasus was already updated not long ago .. for DCS 2.5 if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, Shazzer said:

This is the first map that new players see \ experience.

Not necessarily, the user can use the Marianas free map if he wants a more modern map.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Back in January,I believe, ED posted new pictures of Caucasus map. Idk if that was just a showcase for clouds, but there’s several shots trees and terrain, water and objects that seem to look better than what is current. Possibly making some modifications, or maybe just finely tuned theatrical lighting for the shots?  I’d be fine with the ongoing lighting upgrades, better trees, mountain peaks without sharp edges. Maybe even, at a far stretch, a bit more detail to the static terrain buildings such as  baked on/ fake  Ambient Occlusion shadows possibly, bridges that look more like they’re part of the map, not a random object slapped on.. just some fine tuning to add a bit more depth.. I’d even be willing to pay for a “High-res/detail”Caucasus pack. Hoping with MT-DLSS-Vulkan, that more efforts will be made in the graphical realm… wishes

Edited by MadKreator
  • Like 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

• 2 weeks later...

I Agree. 

I mainly fly in the caucasus and I think this map heavily needs an update.
The textures are super pixel like. Also the Buildings are just small blocks no realy buildings. 

Airport taxiways are super simple and lack a lot of detail. 

etc...

Please give it a overhaul. I beg you ! 

• Like 4

While I agree that better textures would be nice to have, Caucasus is my go-to map for best performance. And if I had the choice between prettier pictures and better performance, selfish me would always prefer performance. 

So, if we can get some better objects and mild texture tweaks, sure. But please leave performance where it is - or at least not worsen it (better performance would always be welcome, of course).

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 3

Am 8.3.2023 um 16:50 schrieb cfrag:

While I agree that better textures would be nice to have, Caucasus is my go-to map for best performance. And if I had the choice between prettier pictures and better performance, selfish me would always prefer performance. 

So, if we can get some better objects and mild texture tweaks, sure. But please leave performance where it is - or at least not worsen it (better performance would always be welcome, of course).

Agreed.
With the Multithreading on its way (at least what everyone is saying) performance (hopefully) would not be affected too badly.  

The terrain overall just feels washed out to me. If you look at pictures of the Caucasus in real, vs the DCS thing, it is hardly comparable. 
And even if terrain and models stay the same, prettier Airports would already be a game changer. (At least to me lol) 

On 3/8/2023 at 10:50 AM, cfrag said:

Yep, I have the same opinion of the Caucasus map, keep it simple so we have a map for "best performance", as you put it. And I don't think it's a bad looking map at all. A bit vanilla but still nice. I was playing with my settings to see what I could get and I did it on the Caucasus map and was flying around at 144fps. That kind of performance is addictive.

I'm a BIG fan of eye candy and pretty pictures, but there are plenty of other maps for that. And anyone who loads up the free game and free trials has a best case scenario with that map to see what their rig can achieve.

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Am 10.3.2023 um 12:42 schrieb Beirut:

Yep, I have the same opinion of the Caucasus map, keep it simple so we have a map for "best performance", as you put it. And I don't think it's a bad looking map at all. A bit vanilla but still nice. I was playing with my settings to see what I could get and I did it on the Caucasus map and was flying around at 144fps. That kind of performance is addictive.

I'm a BIG fan of eye candy and pretty pictures, but there are plenty of other maps for that. And anyone who loads up the free game and free trials has a best case scenario with that map to see what their rig can achieve.

With Multithreading being a thing now I think we can do both 😉 have a beautiful Caucasus and good performance.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Additionally, they should look into the Mouth to the Maramara Sea because it’s completely blocked off with lack of rough terrain to the east of Istanbul. I’m sure you can take the map and take some of the textures to convert them into water bodies to make the river, but then one would have to scale large cities in the region.

I like the map as it is right now, but it looks unfinished.

Can’t wait to see what new large updates will come!

Edited by SGT Toffee
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Caucasus is called ********* by Enigma for a good reason. This is because the Caucasus map was never like how it is. This is because the bottom left of it should have water (Not Land) as well as Istanbul. So expanding Caucasus to Turkey (At Least) would be a must-do for DCS.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, SilentSparrow said:

Caucasus is called ********* by Enigma for a good reason. This is because the Caucasus map was never like how it is. This is because the bottom left of it should have water (Not Land) as well as Istanbul. So expanding Caucasus to Turkey (At Least) would be a must-do for DCS.

Ooooh, I need to know when and in what video did he say this

On 4/29/2023 at 12:27 PM, SilentSparrow said:

Out of curiosity, what’s ********* about it? The Caucasus map is the Caucasus map, not the Caucasus-Turkey map. And the land around the southern, eastern, and northern margins of the Black Sea merely served to depict the shoreline rather than have an unbounded sea.

• Like 3

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On 4/6/2023 at 7:23 PM, thedisturbingspaniard said:

If Caucasus / Georgia map is ever updated

It was updated for DCS 2.5 ... and believe it or not, people were excited with that update:

remember that this is a free map, no way it will have the same amount of development time as a paid Map.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

As I remember from some news, they are going to improve it and some work is underway

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/1571/

dcs-world-flight-simulator-07-caucasus-t

dcs-world-flight-simulator-14-caucasus-t

dcs-world-flight-simulator-09-caucasus-t

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

8 hours ago, Ironhand said:

Out of curiosity, what’s ********* about it? The Caucasus map is the Caucasus map, not the Caucasus-Turkey map. And the land around the southern, eastern, and northern margins of the Black Sea merely served to depict the shoreline rather than have an unbounded sea.

The Caucasus map is a map that covers the Black Sea. Thus, it should at least have water where there is water and land where there is land. Near Istanbul in the Caucasus map (Which is just empty, dry desert anyway), we don't even have that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SilentSparrow said:

The Caucasus map is a map that covers the Black Sea.

It doesn't! The only modeled area is from Anapa to Tbilisi and that's it. Everything outside is lower quality or nothing at all.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

7 hours ago, SilentSparrow said:

The Caucasus map is a map that covers the Black Sea. Thus, it should at least have water where there is water and land where there is land. Near Istanbul in the Caucasus map (Which is just empty, dry desert anyway), we don't even have that.

Even by your definition, the Black Sea itself is complete. Where the Black Sea has water, there is water. Neither the Sea of Marmara nor the Augean Sea are part of the Black Sea. There was never any intention to model the topography (or civilization) other than what we already have. That land is there simply to provide the Black Sea’s boundaries.

15 hours ago, YoYo said:

As I remember from some news, they are going to improve it and some work is underway

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/1571/

Those details are already in the map. Or is that what you're saying.

Edited by Ironhand
  • Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

16 hours ago, draconus said:

It doesn't! The only modeled area is from Anapa to Tbilisi and that's it. Everything outside is lower quality or nothing at all.

I know, I meant the whole map covers a little of what was the Istanbul area on the Southwest of the map.

5 hours ago, SilentSparrow said:

I know, I meant the whole map covers a little of what was the Istanbul area on the Southwest of the map.

Yet you fail to accept that's just the shore line far far away from any modeled area. That's why everyone tells you that the map does not cover it - I mean ignore it, don't look there, nothing to see here.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

8 hours ago, draconus said:

Yet you fail to accept that's just the shore line far far away from any modeled area. That's why everyone tells you that the map does not cover it - I mean ignore it, don't look there, nothing to see here.

My entire point is that the map should model every part of the map.

• Like 2