A deleted game you used to love

AlicePerry

How to Boost Your Crafting Skills

Crafting can swiftly evolve from a leisurely pastime into a lucrative venture once you recognize the potential rewards. But to spar with the seasoned pros, burgeoning crafters like you must hone a comparable level of prowess. 

Hello, my name is Tamar, Chief Editor at CraftsSelection. As a seasoned crafter, I understand that dedication to your craft is essential. Continual learning is the lifeblood of any craftsperson who dreams of achieving mastery. It's a diverse domain ripe with innovation. Even experts can find themselves lagging without periodic updates. One way to stay current is through platforms that offer great product reviews, such as CraftsSelection.com, a treasure trove of knowledge for every crafter.

To truly excel in your craft, an investment in both time and the right tools is non-negotiable. Let's delve into the critical steps you can take to refine your skills and elevate your creative projects to new heights.

jFimTei.gifLearn more: CraftsSelection.com Selection of Best Craft Machines

Practice Regularly

zihmWVy.png

Creating a delicate balance between learning and hands-on practice is paramount. Indeed, absorbing tips to buy craft products from top-tier reviews of the best products is crucial, but mastery only comes with practice. Ensure you allot sufficient time to hone each newly acquired technique.

In your pursuit of excellence, focus your energies on one skill at a time. This can be a challenge, particularly when websites like Crafts Selection serve up an enticing array of craft supplies recommendations and DIY ideas, tempting an avid learner to dabble in everything.

Learn from others: Take classes, workshops, or online tutorials from experienced crafters.

Use Good Quality Craft Tools and Supplies

Quality materials are the cornerstone of crafting—never compromise. Using subpar substitutes can impair not just the final product but also the learning experience. Treat every creation as though it’s bound for the market.

For insights into securing the best craft machines and craft supplies buying guides, CraftsSelection offers an invaluable repository.

Find out more: CraftsSelection.com Best Craft Machines 2Kh3_rU2-IkuUULbp9wNVlXNNJnf2wNWvV5kVXeM

Record Your Progress

Documenting the types of materials used, techniques applied, and tweaks made along the way will provide a valuable reference point as you grow. Not only does it serve as inspiration; it also helps identify areas for improvement or future projects.

Don't Be Afraid To Experiment

While perfecting a skill is essential, don't be afraid to branch out and try new things. Experimenting with different materials, techniques, and styles can help expand your creativity and keep the learning process exciting.

Get Inspiration from Skilled Crafters

djlZ3c9.png

Beyond personal experimentation, seeking the knowledge of seasoned artisans is invaluable. By enrolling in various classes, participating in workshops, or even diving into online courses, you can absorb techniques from experts who have honed their craft over years of practice. This mode of learning not only accelerates your development but also introduces you to a community of like-minded individuals, creating a collaborative atmosphere that can inspire and refine your own creative pursuits.

Share Your Creations

One of the most fulfilling aspects of crafting is sharing your creations with others. Whether it's through social media or attending craft fairs, displaying your work can not only garner praise but also valuable feedback from other crafters.

STfz2EWJlsjhx_-9ZBVflI42o2XEodHJb17KU7MlCheck out: Top Product Tested CraftsSelection.com

Verdict

In conclusion, while the allure of crafting is undeniable, ascending to great artistry demands more than just raw talent; it requires strategy, practice, and the best tools, which you can find through well-researched craft supplies buying guides. Turn your passion into expertise and visit CraftsSelection.com for guidance as you chart your creative odyssey.

Edited by AlicePerry

Civilization Revolution for IOS, was an addictive and simple strategy game that no longer worked after IOS dropped support for 32-bit software starting on IOS 11.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

59 minutes ago, Beirut said:

I think Alice and Jennifer are related.

You red my thoughts 😅

Maybe I'm being to suspicious, but these threads seem fishy.

• Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

2 hours ago, Beirut said:

I think Alice and Jennifer are related.

Seems so, both were created on the same day, October 27th 2022 ... but why wait 5 months before starting to post?

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Workers and Resources: Soviet Republic. Not really deleted, I still have it, but gone from Steam due to one a-hole making a fake copyright claim. He wrote a guide on some house rules to make the game more challenging (nothing too complex, basically set highest difficulty and then don't use autobuild/autobuy except a few select cases at the start), everyone liked it, and eventually, devs added a feature to disable autobuild and autobuy, adding some features that would make it possible to do without it. Now, the guy got it into his head that because this "realistic mode" was his idea, he should get money from game sales, and complained to Steam and their website host.

It should come back eventually, but it's taking way too much time and costing the devs money. IMO, automated takedowns should be banned and every claim should require evidence from the claimant that would convince a human moderator. In every sensible legal system, burden of proof is on the accuser. I hope that they can sue that bastard for lost profits due to his lies (filling a false copyright claim is illegals in most countries).

• Like 1

DCS World... 
Have spend more than 10 years of my life in fighting with ED developer team and their plans. 

I builded missions, campaings, tried to create some interesting content... And after each next update everything was changed from "creation" to "try to make it alive again" action.
So tired and so happy do not start this crazy life killer again on my PC 😃

Edited by kievbsm

1 hour ago, kievbsm said:

DCS World...  So tired and so happy do not start this crazy life killer again on my PC 😃

yet you are still here, spending time on the Forum  🙂

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I can definitely relate to the feeling of missing a game that has been deleted or is no longer available. It's like losing a piece of nostalgia and memories associated with that game. There was this one game I used to enjoy a lot, but unfortunately, it got taken down. It was a unique puzzle adventure game that had a charming storyline and engaging gameplay.
Sometimes, it's a bit disappointing when a game we love isn't accessible anymore. But hey, if you're ever curious about quick ways to get $100, there are some nifty tips on how to get $100 right now that might come in handy!
Anyway, it's nice to reminisce about these games and the good times we had.

Edited by BeatriceDrake

1 hour ago, BeatriceDrake said:

I can definitely relate to the feeling of missing a game that has been deleted or is no longer available. It's like losing a piece of nostalgia and memories associated with that game.

But sometimes it´s best to keep these games in your rose-tinted memory.
Otherwise it´s like watching the A-Team or Knight Rider as an adult 😄

It´s weird that someone would open such a topic as his/her first and only post here, but it´s an interesting topic.

For me, a game that I miss would be "Tabula Rasa", an MMO from Richard Garriot (it was kind of a mix between World of Warcraft and Planetside). I really liked that game, it was innovative, I liked the world and the gameplay a lot. But it never had enough players to keep it going so they just shut off the servers after only about 1 year...

• Like 2

But sometimes it´s best to keep these games in your rose-tinted memory.
Otherwise it´s like watching the A-Team or Knight Rider as an adult

It´s weird that someone would open such a topic as his/her first and only post here, but it´s an interesting topic.
For me, a game that I miss would be "Tabula Rasa", an MMO from Richard Garriot (it was kind of a mix between World of Warcraft and Planetside). I really liked that game, it was innovative, I liked the world and the gameplay a lot. But it never had enough players to keep it going so they just shut off the servers after only about 1 year...
Agree with your first paragraph. I won't ever watch Topgun again! Faulty Towers never gets old though.

As for the start of your second, I guess post 3 and 4 are onto something.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I deleted Baldur's Gate II despite I loved it but it got too addictive so I cut the rope and went on.

....hasn't Baldur's Gate III been in the talks lately... I got time now...heck, it's 25 years later LoL.

Edited by BitMaster
  • Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

GTR2 with the Power&Glory mod imediately springs to my mind.
Was in the dev team and ran that sweet lovely thing for nearly 8 years straight, but then a variety of things were ocurring in my life and it ran its course.
I suppose I could reinstall it (like so many other games) but, it's just one of those things I prefer to leave in memories, like a good read from an old book years back.

Edited by LucShep

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

No One Lives Forever 1 & 2.  Great and funny first shooter set in the 1960's Spy World.  Pretty much an Austin Powers first shooter with funny gadgets, dialog, and methods of death.  It would still hold up today but the reboots are not possible because ownership/licensing agreements pre-dated digital files and Activision, Warner Brothers and 20th Century Fox has no desire to dig through the filing cabinets and figure it out.

• Like 2

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon

Mafia I (original version, not the recent remake). By today standards probably way outdated, and reason for "deleting" was something related to its sound track (gorgeous by the way). It'd be a bit useless now to search for it, way outdated graphics and everything, but it was a blast back then and you couldn't find it any more is such a quick time after release. The recent remake, well, not bad, but the original Sound Track is completely missing and it was a huge difference in ambience and all.

For similar reasons, well some of you probably know the NFSU, U2 and MW (2005 version) legends of the street car racing series, really good games back in time, and it was all due to a gorgeously picked Sound Track, and if I'm not mistaken also the reason why they took them out of the shelves too soon, the sound tracks had an expiration date so you couldn't buy them any more. I believe from not long ago there're some hacks you can buy to run them in present day computers and all, but I think they come without the sound track, which again made half of the game. The series was screwed not long after those by publishers so they keep as mythical street racing titles without a proper sequel or heir, though I believe those probably would still be worth the run even today if you could find them in their original condition. Yeah, recent NFS (really recent, like the last couple) recovered some of the racing spirit of the original titles, but actual sound tracks from those stinks compared to those original ones.

• Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Commandos - Behind enemy lines. I can still play it today, and it's tons of fun, but it's just not the same as back in the days... because the times, the places, the friends from back then are all kinda gone now. Just like BeatriceDrake said, it's all about nostalgia and memories.

• Like 3

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

On 9/11/2023 at 3:03 AM, portman said:

Commandos - Behind enemy lines. I can still play it today, and it's tons of fun, but it's just not the same as back in the days... because the times, the places, the friends from back then are all kinda gone now. Just like BeatriceDrake said, it's all about nostalgia and memories.

I was excited for the re-release of Commando 2 and played it on PS4.. was great fun but completely different playing via controller than the keyboard.  I know I could play on Steam but as you stated just not as the same back in the day.

• Like 1

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon

OREGON TRAIL

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 6:24 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Seems so, both were created on the same day, October 27th 2022 ... but why wait 5 months before starting to post?

And after that, never ever come again to the forums.

It is not that is against the rules, and I wouldn't bother, I just wonder why those threads are started by new accounts that are never used again.

There are other examples too.

• Like 1