Patch Notes discussion 13th, 21st and 23rd April 2023

BIGNEWY

8 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

On steam Normandy 1944 is still listed, I still have 1944 in my DLC, when I got into DCS, there is no normandy 2.0 in the DLC list, not at all not even greyed out. so it appears that somehow Normandy 2 dosn't actually exist for some users. I can't find it on the store page in steam either, only Normandy 1944, which you can't buy and Normandy upgrade patch 1. No actual Normandy 2, however the direkt link to the Normandy 2 works, and it want's me to buy it agian.

I'm not sure what I have installed from Steam. Hopefully there will be some clarity in the near future. 

In the morning I'll get the trial Normandy 2 for my stand alone which is just for free trials install and see what that looks like.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

I'm very  happy that Ed give some love to scripting function, wich are not (yet) on par with native mission editor function.

but, really, i don't anderstand the new world.removeJunk(volS) function :  we can already remove scenary object with a simple disable function.

and the new world.removeJunk(volS) does still not remove trees, my main point considering in ME you can do it easy, with a specific ME function. 

so ... what is it  for ?  is there already an update in scripting documentation  for us to anderstand how to use it correctly (if not)? 

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

1 hour ago, snowsniper said:

I'm very  happy that Ed give some love to scripting function, wich are not (yet) on par with native mission editor function.

but, really, i don't anderstand the new world.removeJunk(volS) function :  we can already remove scenary object with a simple disable function.

and the new world.removeJunk(volS) does still not remove trees, my main point considering in ME you can do it easy, with a specific ME function. 

so ... what is it  for ?  is there already an update in scripting documentation  for us to anderstand how to use it correctly (if not)? 

it can remove craters etc in a fixed interval which helps server performance alot iirc

Edited by Badger1-1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dock999 said:

I bought the Normandy 2 indeed.  My module management indicates the installed version is Normandy 2 rather than Normandy .

I am on Open Beta as well and I runs DCS on standalone version .

If no one else has had similar issue .that will be my system problem.

for stand-alone (non-Steam) users I saw a post somewhere where the player used the Module Manager to Delete N1 from the list, ran the repair, restarted the Module Manager, then re-downloaded it. After that the high res textures finally started working in the game. Maybe you can give this method a try?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, peachmonkey said:

for stand-alone (non-Steam) users I saw a post somewhere where the player used the Module Manager to Delete N1 from the list, ran the repair, restarted the Module Manager, then re-downloaded it. After that the high res textures finally started working in the game. Maybe you can give this method a try?

I have a stand-alone.  I just went to Module Manager and uninstalled the original Normandy map.  I then restarted the Module Manager after purchasing the new map, and Normandy 2.0 showed up in Manager.  I installed it from there like we do all our modules.  No problem.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I see a better performance in VR after this patch. Like if ED had followed some of the suggestions from Taz and other awesome modders in the community. Are you seeing something like that?

Edited by KCOOL

4 hours ago, KCOOL said:

I see a better performance in VR after this patch. Like if ED had followed some of the suggestions from Taz and other awesome modders in the community. Are you seeing something like that?

Nope. For me in VR the best version is the previous (2.8.4.38947), with much less stutter, that's very smooth. This one is absolutely not.

• PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

16 hours ago, peachmonkey said:

7 minutes ago, dock999 said:

I did not delete the Normandy 1 before installing the new Normandy 2. I will try the method you have mentioned to see if it can improve the outcome . Many thanks mate.

• Like 1

Looks like they have a Hotfix planned for today.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Patch Notes discussion 13th, 21st and 23rd April 2023
  • ED Team

DCS World

• New WWII missions in the following formats: FWAF, Single Player and Multiplayer

DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst by Eagle Dynamics

• Updated weather and clouds for all Bf109 Training missions

DCS: Mosquito FB VI by Eagle Dynamics

• Added missing Mosquito SP missions

DCS: Combined Arms by Eagle Dynamics

• WWII Combined Arms Mission – FAC Driving M8 Greyhound version

Campaigns

Bf 109 K-4 Jagdflieger Campaign by Reflected Simulations

• Normandy 2 update compatibility
  • Cutscene added
  • Mission 2 target changed to Paris
  • Mission 5 target changed to Portsmouth
  • New briefing and kneeboard visuals
  • Skin updates
  • More accurate speeds & formations
  • Smoother triggers
  • More realistic Weather

P-51D: The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney Campaign by Reflected Simulations

• Cutscene added
  • Mission 4 target changed to Paris
  • Mission 7 expanded
  • Skin updates
  • Smoother triggers
  • Extra voice overs
  • More realistic Weather

Spitfire IX The Big Show Campaign by Reflected Simulations

• Mission 8 target changed to the actual Ligescourt
  • Mission 7 base changed to a stand in for the Orkneys
  • Mission 9 base changed to Ford as in real life
  • Skin updates
  • Smoother triggers
  • Extra voice overs
  • More realistic Weather
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

DCS World

• New WWII missions in the following formats: FWAF, Single Player and Multiplayer

DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst by Eagle Dynamics

• Updated weather and clouds for all Bf109 Training missions

DCS: Mosquito FB VI by Eagle Dynamics

• Added missing Mosquito SP missions

DCS: Combined Arms by Eagle Dynamics

• WWII Combined Arms Mission – FAC Driving M8 Greyhound version

Campaigns

Bf 109 K-4 Jagdflieger Campaign by Reflected Simulations

• Cutscene added
  • Mission 2 target changed to Paris
  • Mission 5 target changed to Portsmouth
  • Skin updates
  • Smoother triggers
  • More realistic Weather

P-51D: The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney Campaign by Reflected Simulations

• Cutscene added
  • Mission 4 target changed to Paris
  • Mission 7 expanded
  • Skin updates
  • Smoother triggers
  • Extra voice overs
  • More realistic Weather

Spitfire IX The Big Show Campaign by Reflected Simulations

• Mission 8 target changed to the actual Ligescourt
  • Mission 7 base changed to a stand in for the Orkneys
  • Mission 9 base changed to Ford as in real life
  • Skin updates
  • Smoother triggers
  • Extra voice overs
  • More realistic Weather

Only WW2 fixes, interesting!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

@BIGNEWY@NineLine, hi guys, 

Normandy2 rocks, thank you for releasing it, I'm speechless at the quality of the new map!

As far as bugs =  are you aware of the cockpit light issues with Mossie and P47?   Ever since the release of the MT the cockpit lights stopped working in both modules.

Just wondering if it's been reported/acknowledged by the devs.

Edited by peachmonkey

1 hour ago, D4n said:

Only WW2 fixes, interesting!

The reflected campaign updates were supposed to come with the release of Normandy 2, so it's only to rectify something that went astray with the release. 

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• BIGNEWY locked and unpinned this topic