Normandy 2.0 FAQ **Updated**

NineLine

It worked! (The Steam click this and click that thing.)

I wasn't sure if it was beta-release bugs that were making it the way it was but now it looks goooood! Before, London and Paris loaded in square kilometer blocks as you approached. Now they are already there and looking fine.  

Lovely map. Really first rate. 🏆

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Buying Warning is a glitch.  If you own the original Normandy , when you buy Normandy 2 you get a warning message that you already own the License.  When you look at the ad for buying it, under it, it will say you already have a license for this product.  This is a glitch in the ED software, according to Ed, It doesn't check anything in the title past Normandy.  If you haven't bought it yet and want to buy it, Go ahead.  

Normandy 2 map question.png

• Like 2

If you bought your update on Steam and play on standalone. Rebind your licenses today, it finds a 2nd 2.0 license.  Once added, it now works fine

Thanks, that worked! Just did this and the "Normandy 1944" license was replaced with a 2nd "2.0" one.

• Like 1

If you have a stand-alone open beta and you own both the Channel and Normandy 44 , none of which is from Steam, what is the proper order to purchase/install Normandy 2 ?  Do you update and then purchase or purchase and then update? Or update before and after purchase ?

Reading the forum is somewhat confusing to the proper order. Again this question has to do with stand alone only, no Steam. 

53 minutes ago, 352ndDeacon said:

If you have a stand-alone open beta and you own both the Channel and Normandy 44 , none of which is from Steam, what is the proper order to purchase/install Normandy 2 ?  Do you update and then purchase or purchase and then update? Or update before and after purchase ?

Reading the forum is somewhat confusing to the proper order. Again this question has to do with stand alone only, no Steam. 

That was my situation. I updated DCS, which took quite a while, then purchased Normandy 2.0 (ignoring the warning that I already owned it). Then upon restarting DCS I had it. No further download was needed, and I didn't have to do anything with the module manager. So apparently the high res version gets downloaded as part of the update even if you haven't bought it.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I have both the Channel map and the Normandy map and I have bought and downloaded the new Normandy 2.0 map.  I updated the Open Beta version before I downloaded and installed the map but when I go to the mission editor and load the Normandy map all I see is Normandy and no UK.  I have deleted and reinstalled the maps, ran a full repair, restarted my PC, all with the same result.  What I have noticed when starting the Normandy map are references to "Normandy1944" in the messages that display when loading the map.  Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?  Are there any instructions on installing the map?  Thanks.

Edited by ecirpnai

Just now, ecirpnai said:

I have both the Channel map and the Normandy map andI have bought and downloaded the new Normandy 2.0 map.  I updated the Open Beta version before I downloaded and installed the map but when I go to the mission editor and load the Normandy map all I see is Normandy and no UK.  I have deleted and reinstalled the maps, ran a full repair, restarted my PC or with the same result.  What I have noticed when starting the Normandy map are references to "Normandy1944" in the messages that display when loading the map.  Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?  Are there any instructions on installing the map?  Thanks.

Im in the same boat as you bud, exactly the sxame.

• Like 1

AMD 3800x, Asrock 570X Taichi, 32GB Corsair Platinum, MSI 1080Ti, Corsair MP600 Gen 4 1TB NVMe. Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe, Samsung 860 1TB SSD, Custom Watercooling, AOC 32" 4K Screen.

47 minutes ago, pegasus1 said:

Im in the same boat as you bud, exactly the sxame.

Just found this and it works. 

"The screenshot looks maximum zoomed out.
Scrolling down operation is needed to show England.
That is mouse dragging. Push its right button and drag down about ME.

F10 view manipulation is a bit different from ME.
It's left button dragging."

The mouse wheel doesn't zoom out completely but pressing down the right mouse button and dragging the mouse down, displays the rest of the map.  As I have said it works for me and I hope it works for you?

• Like 1

What about people using the stable version? Will Normandy 2.0 be available to us at some point? Thank you-

It certainly looks beautiful!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Remembering Arlie "Jack" Campbell, US Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done dad, rest in peace.

So on steam it list the DLC I own as: "Normandy 2.0 Upgrade" and "Normandy 2 Upgrade from Normandy 1944" in the DLC list.

But it doesn't list owning the full priced "Normandy 2.0" which is the actual map and the 14.99 "Normandy 2.0 Upgrade from The Channel" which is expected as I didn't buy that upgrade as I got the 9.99 one for already having the previous two maps. 

As of some time after 0500 when I went to bed and now just woke up at 1100 hours steam quietly changed my DLC listing to now give me  the "Normandy 2.0 Upgrade" and "Normandy 2 Upgrade from Normandy 1944" and "Normandy 2.0"  in my DLC list. Seems their purchase system did not attribute the 3rd DLC over like it should have which was the actual Normandy 2.0 map. DLC count on Steam went from 118 to 120 now as well. That is why unticking the map and re-ticking it is redownloading the correct files now despite the massive update yesterday as Steam fixed our DLC count and licenses it seems.

Testing now to see if it works correct now in Steam and Standalone.

EDIT: If you go to reacquire licenses in your profile it will now add a new correct Normandy 2.0 license it didn't before Steam did their correction. It indeed works now in both versions. I already had a Normandy 2.0 License in my list that represented the old map and had my old purchase date this was actually them just renaming the 1944 pack and is still the old set not the new one as if you look it will show your old purchase date. On the License view page if you go to see all DCS Normandy 2.0 is the old 1944 purchase  and DCS Normandy 2.0 Map which should have a newer date is update. But if you got to acquire license they change the names yet again to Normandy 1944 and Normandy 2.0 Map😄 Seems they cant be consistent with naming. So depending on the page if your checking the licenses then "Normandy 1944" and "Normandy 2.0" is your old license and map just with two names and "Normandy 2.0 Map" is the new one using the same name on both pages. So be sure to reacquire the license!

Edited by Sorata

2 hours ago, JayGee said:

Will Normandy 2.0 be displayed as a separate map in the game, or will Normandy 1944 be Normandy 2.0 after the upgrade?

It will list it as The Channel and Normandy 2.0 if you go in game and look at the module manager. If it Says Normandy 1944 in module manager retry your license.

• Like 1

I have purchased V2 with Discount for 9.99 on standalone, had Channel and 1944 installed. Latest open beta. Module manager says Normandy 2.0 but when I load ME all I see is old Normady map, no England. Same Spitfire free flight mission. Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind. It's just the zoom factor tricking on me. A little bit lazy by the devs...

Edited by nazradu

If the manager says 2.0, you've got it then. Everywhere else the map is shown as before (without "2.0"). In the mission editor window just scroll up, the extra terrain is located there.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Now I have three Normandy 2 entries in my DLC directory. I bought the upgrade version for Normandy 1944 and The Channel because I already had these two maps. I have tried everything, but none of the Normandy entries occupy memory in my directory - see screenshot. And in the game menu I only find the Normandy 1944 map - no trace of Normandy 2.0. (STEAM version) 😞

asdf.jpg