Normandy 2.0 FAQ **Updated**

NineLine

In that case you can always try acclaimed Skatezilla's GUI Utility, which allows lauching all these dcs_updater related functions by buttons rather than typing commands:

• Like 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Developers, would it be possible to get printable images of the maps (Map, Alt, Sat) used in Normandy 2.0?

I like to fly like in the 40s, just a map and a stopwatch, and I don’t want to rely on the maps in-game.

Thanks!

• Like 5

On 4/24/2023 at 2:36 PM, PorkFriedBryce said:

Please update the FAQ in that case, it leads users to believe that the trial version is the "full" version of Normandy 2.0
Thanks for the work, Urga.
null

image.png

@NineLine He's right. The description is missleading as it suggests that the trial for Normandy already includes the full N2 version, but it actually only let's you try out N1.5.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So if i don't buy the new Normandy 2.0 map will 1.0 stay at low resolution like the photo below . This is in VR .

So let me get this Right i buy Normandy 1.0 many years ago 2017 ,   but now i get a downgraded 1.0 low resolution as i haven't bought 2.0  .

Or is this a Bug With very  low textures . As seen in the phots , All over the map . 

Screen_230501_210333.jpg

Screen_230501_211210.jpg

Screen_230501_211212.jpg

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

On 4/19/2023 at 6:32 PM, NineLine said:

DCS: Normandy 2.0 Update FAQ

When will it be released?

Very soon you will be able to enjoy all the hard work done by Ugra Media.

What is DCS: Normandy 2.0, and what updates does it bring?
The new DCS: Normandy 2.0 map is a significant upgrade over the original DCS: Normandy 1944 map and will be a greatly enhanced experience of war-time Normandy. 

DCS: Normandy 2.0 is significantly larger than DCS: Normandy 1944 and contains: much greater detail; historical accuracy; texture resolution; much larger high-detail areas (including London and Paris); updated map objects such as models of buildings, trees, bridges, airfield objects, rail lines, roads, fences, poles, and more; many new and remodelled medium to small size urban locations such as new ports, airfields, factories, rivers, canals, and much more.

Hey, about historical accuracy could Ugra Media remove the FLAMANVILLE Nuclear Plant near Les Pieux and rework the mesh  near la Hague??? If they could also add "le Fort du roule" above Cherbourg, it would be great !

They did it for FSX...

http://www.f-bmpl.com/index.php/basse-normandie/281-pack-vfr-volume-bno-3da

http://www.f-bmpl.com/images/stories/BNO/vsig_images/Cherbourg_Fort_de_la_Roule_1058_486_90.jpg

visuel_1_vue_generale.jpg?itok=0ONW2_lD

Edited by Mric29
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, KoN said:

So if i don't buy the new Normandy 2.0 map will 1.0 stay at low resolution like the photo below . This is in VR . So let me get this Right i buy normandy 1.0 many years ago  but now i get a downgraded 1.0 as i havnt bought 2.0  .

Or is this a Bug With very the  low textures . All over the map .

No, you bought a map years ago and now you got an updated v1.5 for free (they've been too generous if you ask me), the low detail areas from before now are still low detail but detailed nonetheless since it were just barren before and now it has a low detail but detail after all, including aerodromes you didn't have. If you see that kind of graphics inside the previously detailed area something is going on, do a repair (or several, sometimes it helps even though it looks like it does nothing), check FXO and Metashaders2 folders deleted, all that kind of usual stuff.

If you got those screens outside the previous high detail area, yeah, that's what you get now, but bear in mind before there were not just "low detail", there were better said "no detail", nothing at all, not even grass. Now you have something to see (even in low detail) and you're compatible online with people who bought the upgrade, including all the aerodromes. Inside the previous high detail area in your N1 map, it's updated and similar to N2 in detail.

• Like 5

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

1 hour ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

No, you bought a map years ago and now you got an updated v1.5 for free (they've been too generous if you ask me), the low detail areas from before now are still low detail but detailed nonetheless since it were just barren before and now it has a low detail but detail after all, including aerodromes you didn't have. If you see that kind of graphics inside the previously detailed area something is going on, do a repair (or several, sometimes it helps even though it looks like it does nothing), check FXO and Metashaders2 folders deleted, all that kind of usual stuff.

If you got those screens outside the previous high detail area, yeah, that's what you get now, but bear in mind before there were not just "low detail", there were better said "no detail", nothing at all, not even grass. Now you have something to see (even in low detail) and you're compatible online with people who bought the upgrade, including all the aerodromes. Inside the previous high detail area in your N1 map, it's updated and similar to N2 in detail.

Did a repair and moved the sliders low too high in options while sat in cockpit the trees don't change and all buildings look very low res . Even if slider is moved all the way too the right . ?

Too me looks like all of the map is in low Resolution . Ill test again tonight on 4ya server . Looks  a bit odd too me . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

1 hour ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Also improved performance.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

3 hours ago, KoN said:

Did a repair and moved the sliders low too high in options while sat in cockpit the trees don't change and all buildings look very low res . Even if slider is moved all the way too the right . ?

Too me looks like all of the map is in low Resolution . Ill test again tonight on 4ya server . Looks  a bit odd too me . 

By any chance, are you on Steam? Steam users have been having problems with this update, Steam platform has it flaws either.

What places/aerodrome/s are you at on the screenshots you posted? Are you definitely at a place where you certainly know is inside detailed area? Remember now you got aerodromes not seen before, but they're on the low detail area.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Flew tonight trees are back to normal and details on ground look back to normal did a uninstall and reinstall of Normandy map . 

The low res might well be in low res area . I seen Paris . When taking off

• Thanks 1

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2023 at 3:43 PM, Ramsay said:

Yet that is where Normandy 2.0's Maunsell Army Forts are placed i.e. there are 3 placed in a line across the Thames estuary in the general location of where the real ones are/were.

Screen_230425_153450.jpg

Tested in DCS Open Beta Multi-thread 2.8.4.39313

Howerver Dover Castle is not modelled

On 5/12/2023 at 5:35 PM, DungeonMaster said:

WIll the South East England area get any treatment?

It's Channel's map area, hence kind of "low detail" despite it doesn't look like so (no Dover Castle, it's already on Channel map).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I don't use Steam for DCS, but just searched their store and the upgrade to N2 is available, isn't it? Not sure what's more profitable for you though - getting a refund for N1944 (if still eligible that is) and buying N2, or sticking to upgrade option. You'll have to calculate it.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team
18 hours ago, TomeG2kc said:

I'm noob, sorry.

I've bought Normandy 1944 and Channel and WW2 Assets Pack by Stream.

Is still possible to upgrade by $9.99 to Normalcy 2.0?

Or what I can do? Buy it for regular price?

-

Thx, Tom

I believe it works slightly different on Steam, but check this link https://store.steampowered.com/app/2399900/DCS_Normandy_20_Upgrade/

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

3 hours ago, Art-J said:

I don't use Steam for DCS, but just searched their store and the upgrade to N2 is available, isn't it? Not sure what's more profitable for you though - getting a refund for N1944 (if still eligible that is) and buying N2, or sticking to upgrade option. You'll have to calculate it.

3 hours ago, NineLine said:

I believe it works slightly different on Steam, but check this link https://store.steampowered.com/app/2399900/DCS_Normandy_20_Upgrade/

Thank you for your help guys but for now it's look like I can't upgrade.

I'll confirm when I get back from vacation next week. Cheers.

On 8/10/2023 at 10:35 PM, TomeG2kc said:

Thank you for your help guys but for now it's look like I can't upgrade.

As far as I can tell the £9.99 Normandy/Channel Upgrade I purchased is no longer sold on Steam,

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2399900/DCS_Normandy_20_Upgrade/

... however the individual £12.49 Normandy 1944 and Channel Upgrades are still there.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2314970/DCS_Normandy_2_Upgrade_from_Normandy_1944/

So while annoying - if you still want to get the increased area and additional details of Normandy 2.0, I suggest paying the additional £2.50 for one of the other Steam upgrade paths.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Hi,

I have both The Channel and Normandy 1944, but this upgrade doesn't download or install the higher textures.

My DCS is stable version and is up to date.

Any ideas?

image.png

image.png

Edited by =Skywarp=

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

18 hours ago, Ramsay said:

(...) I suggest paying the additional £2.50 for one of the other Steam upgrade paths.

So, is this means I can buy DCS: Normandy 2 Upgrade from Normandy 1944

OR  

DCS: Normandy 2.0 Upgrade from The Channel

and then I'll have got full terrain and higher textures of Normandy 2.0 - same as upgrade not available any more?

1 hour ago, TomeG2kc said:

So, is this means I can buy DCS: Normandy 2 Upgrade from Normandy 1944

OR  

DCS: Normandy 2.0 Upgrade from The Channel

and then I'll have got full terrain and higher textures of Normandy 2.0 - same as upgrade not available any more?

Yes.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

8 hours ago, =Skywarp= said:

I have both The Channel and Normandy 1944, but this upgrade doesn't download or install the higher textures.

My DCS is stable version and is up to date.

Any ideas?

The Normandy 2.0 "upgrade" doesn't "download" additional textures, etc., it is a licence key that unlocks them on the upgraded Normandy 1944 map.

Although the lower priced "Normandy and Channel Map" Steam Upgrade has been removed from sale

... it should still work for existing owners who bought prior to it's removal (my textures, etc. are still good).

This is how my Steam Normandy install looks, yours should be similar

Normandy and Channel Map Upgrade, Steam DLC Install.JPG

If you still have issues the general suggestion is to submit a support ticket to ED

Edited by Ramsay
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ramsay said:

The Normandy 2.0 "upgrade" doesn't "download" additional textures, etc., it is a licence key that unlocks them on the upgraded Normandy 1944 map.

Although the lower priced "Normandy and Channel Map" Steam Upgrade has been removed from sale

... it should still work for existing owners who bought prior to it's removal (my textures, etc. are still good).

This is how my Steam Normandy install looks, yours should be similar

Normandy and Channel Map Upgrade, Steam DLC Install.JPG

If you still have issues the general suggestion is to submit a support ticket to ED

Mine show like this:

image.png

Edited by =Skywarp=

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

• 3 months later...

Does Ugra Media plan to finish certain departmental roads that stop in the middle of nowhere?
I am thinking, for example, of the roads between
 - St Lô and Gouville sur mer
 - St Lô and Granville
 - Granville and Vire
 - St Lô and Avranche
 - Granville and Avranche
- etc...
Currently, there are several major roads that stop in the middle of nowhere, and we are still talking about roads that are 20-30 km from the landing beaches...
We could hope that the area should be modeled with great precision

n2.jpg

For example ; 
A convoy having to travel between Granville and Avranches is obliged to go north of Lessay to find its way... Whereas when we display the map, there are many direct routes not modeled!

Granville-Avranches.jpg

Edited by Kappa-131st
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 5/1/2023 at 2:32 PM, KoN said:

So if i don't buy the new Normandy 2.0 map will 1.0 stay at low resolution like the photo below . This is in VR .

So let me get this Right i buy Normandy 1.0 many years ago 2017 ,   but now i get a downgraded 1.0 low resolution as i haven't bought 2.0  .

Or is this a Bug With very  low textures . As seen in the phots , All over the map . 

I don't think they lowered the resolution on 1.0, but you're doing yourself a significant disservice by not upgrading to 2.0

Not trying to be flippant about finances, I'm not rich and I know budgets can be tight, but the upgrade is grossly underpriced IMHO.  The addition of London and Paris alone is worth three times the upgrade price.  The level of detail is so different we're lucky to even get an "upgrade" price. 

Get it, quick, before they realize their mistake.

When I was a small child, my mother used to tell me, "Rex, some day you must avenge Germany's terribly loss, but you must do it virtually, using the technology of days to come."

It wasn't until Normandy 2.0 came out that I truly understood just what she meant.  Now, I drop Spitfires like Dave Chapelle drop microphones ... I drop Thunderbolts like well-fed horses drop road apples ... I drop Mustangs like Justin Timberlake drops panties ... I drop ...  well, you get the idea.

Join us, and may the force be with you!

Edited by Rex

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2