DCS: Kola Discussion

I'm looking forward to this map greatly, and I hope that one day, the limitation will be removed and we can have more of the Baltic area - perhaps as far as Denmark or Northern Germany so the A-10 can do what it was designed to do - stops Russian tanks in the Fulda Gap. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Glowingheat said:

I'm looking forward to this map greatly, and I hope that one day, the limitation will be removed and we can have more of the Baltic area - perhaps as far as Denmark or Northern Germany so the A-10 can do what it was designed to do - stops Russian tanks in the Fulda Gap. 

The whole Earth is on the desk still, however I will have more gray hairs than now when it will be released. 😉

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

3 hours ago, YoYo said:

Fortunately, I have 2TB just for DCS only 😅.

Me TooTM

No patch notes still…

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

The contents of DCS World are so overwhelming to me: so many things to try, so many things to revisit. For now, whining about new products being late does not make much sense.

2 minutes ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

No patch notes still…

Stated a few times that today's patch is mainly for the Kola release. So do not expect any other changes

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Are the houses infrastructure destructable in the early access of Kola map in the mission editor?

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Live at 15:00 UTC:

• Like 9

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F-4E, Mi-24P, AJS 37, AV-8B N/A, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, EnzoF98 said:

the campaigns already released with the map

Later, after the winter textures are released. Source: at time 2:50

Edited by AdrianL
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Later, after the winter textures are released. Source: at time 2:50

Aight, thanks for the answer.

Even though it doesn't specifically mention them being finished, I think it's still kinda misleading seeing how the campaigns are mentioned under "Key Features of the Early Access Release"

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Minsky said:

Shame that Orbx decided not to participate in the ED Miles program.

To be honest. The more funds to them, the better the outcome of future map expansions and....other maps coming.

• Like 2

Celebrating!

IMG_8395.jpeg

• Like 4

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

The contents of DCS World are so overwhelming to me: so many things to try, so many things to revisit. For now, whining about new products being late does not make much sense.

I wonder if someone will make a video of the highways for landing? I didn't even find a screenshot.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

2 minutes ago, ThorBrasil said:

I wonder if someone will make a video of the highways for landing? I didn't even find a screenshot.

CommandT did release some Caucasus road base videos back in the days. I'm confident several content creators are working on that already.

Not Kola but it can give you some ideas :

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikko.1842 said:

CommandT did release some Caucasus road base videos back in the days. I'm confident several content creators are working on that already.

Not Kola but it can give you some ideas :

Currently the Kola map has two highways for landing. I'd love to see.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

An independent first look:

🙂

• Like 6

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, EnzoF98 said:

Aight, thanks for the answer.

Even though it doesn't specifically mention them being finished, I think it's still kinda misleading seeing how the campaigns are mentioned under "Key Features of the Early Access Release"

It looks like the winter textures will come in June. So not a very long wait.

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Timestamp 43:00 and 1:30:25 for one of them

Any looking like this? 0:53 Tervo, Finland as said by video's description.

Edited by Czar66