What next?

YoYo

Thank you for publishing the Sinai map. The level of quality is great and I like the map a lot.

Of course, this question is rhetorical, because we probably won't get a clear answer 😅. But I suggest as another idea for next map:
Vietnam or the Balkans.

• Like 7

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Thank you for publishing the Sinai map. The level of quality is great and I like the map a lot.

Of course, this question is rhetorical, because we probably won't get a clear answer 😅. But I suggest as another idea for next map:
Vietnam or the Balkans.

That was fast. 😀

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

I have to say, this was one of my first thoughts too - they have done a fantastic job with this, in what seemed to be a very short development time.  I wonder what region is next on their list?  Certainly large cities don't seem to be a problem any more.  How about Taiwan?

• Like 3

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Taiwan is a "no, no, no" as it would offend ED's masters in Beijing 😛 As a matter of facts, the ROC (Republic of China, on Taiwan) is not included / selectable in any of the factions available in the sim although a many modules were and are flown by both the ROC's Army and Air Force.

Go figure...

Iraq would be fantastic. Or the two Koreas in either a 1950s or modern days setting. I would bite instantly !

Edited by Sluggish Controls
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sluggish Controls said:

Taiwan is a "no, no, no" as it would offend ED's masters in Beijing 😛 As a matter of facts, the ROC (Republic of China, on Taiwan) is not included / selectable in any of the factions available in the sim although a many modules were and are flown by both the ROC's Army and Air Force.

Go figure...

Iraq would be fantastic. Or the two Koreas in either a 1950s or modern days setting. I would bite instantly !

No reason you couldn't use ROCAF skins within CTF Blue faction, political considerations aside.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

16 hours ago, YoYo said:

Vietnam or the Balkans.

we are already negotiating, doing the terms of reference, we even have the first shots where I was able to fly. But until the contract is signed, I cannot say what it will be. But I will say one thing:
- this map has long been requested by the users
- and this is definitely not a desert map (enough, we ate enough sand during development 😄)

Edited by OnReTech
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, OnReTech said:

we are already negotiating, doing the terms of reference, we even have the first shots where I was able to fly. But until the contract is signed, I cannot say what it will be. But I will say one thing:
- this card has long been requested by the users
- and this is definitely not a desert map (enough, we ate enough sand during development 😄)

Woot! 😀

• Like 3

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

16 minutes ago, OnReTech said:

Consider me hyped! 👍 'I wish you all the success!

• Like 6

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Wow! So … maybe Vietnam ;). We will see, fingers crossed!

• Like 5

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

- and this is definitely not a desert map (enough, we ate enough sand during development )
Oh! Such great news!!!

I'm also eagerly waiting for Korea/Nam, but unless ED threw us a red herring that stated they would do this themselves.
My bet will be Balkans/Baltic or maybe even Central Europe.

Let's hear it!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OnReTech said:

Can u give a hint. Gonna be South, North, or Central map area of the planed country? Or at least tell if the capital city will be part of the map?

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

20 hours ago, OnReTech said:

Sounds very promising. Even if I would have found an Iraq map of you great after seeing what you have done with the Sinai map.  
I understand but that you can see no more sand for now. 😉

If this new map will be Vietnam, please make it as far to the soutch china sea as possible 😄 

Edited by SteelPig
  • Like 1

Can u give a hint. Gonna be South, North, or Central map area of the planed country? Or at least tell if the capital city will be part of the map?

We already got a hint:

- The map has long been requested by the community
- No desert map

I guess it will be one of the following maps:

- North and South Korea
- Vietnam
- Balkan
  • Like 8

It gotta be in Asia.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 6/10/2023 at 9:59 AM, OnReTech said:

I'm glad they're thinking about a new project and I bet it must be the map of Vietnam or Korea.

Now I hope the focus isn't on a new project right now.
I hope the focus is on finishing Sinai and improving Israel.

• Like 3

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Well you cant fly over North Korea so this has to be Vietnam!!!! Korea has been asked for but not near as much as a Vietnam map.  Not to mention we have the Crusader, Super Sabre, Intruder, A-7, and Skyraider in the works. Oh hell yeah this would be a good move! Not to mention what we already have for the map. And the (non-vietnam period specific) F-4 inbound. Looking forward to them releasing the news on what they are actually doing next, but this makes the most since.

Well a GIUK Gap map has also been requested and we do have plenty of cold war assets coming to play AND it would go nicely with the Kola Peninsula map too.

Still Vietnam, Korea or Balkans would be very much awaited theater too.

Edited by Baco
  • Like 3

There are a lot of plans for Sinai, I'm certainly glad that it is already in EA, but there are still phases of the project that are in the works and will be done in the future. The new map is cool, but still we need to complete what we have planned!

I am very glad that Sinai came out in the form in which it is, because it is very important for me to collect user reviews.

It was also important to work with the ED team. These guys are professionals!

I really love the map of the Persian Gulf, 2 countries separated by a strait it makes some sense to have a red and a blue side. In the future, having dynamic companies will be very popular. And I choose a new map, I proceeded from this principle, but this is my opinion 😉

Edited by OnReTech
  • Like 15