I've tried F-15E today, this module sets some new standards, it's awesome.

bies

Advanced inverse kinematics/pilot body animations, tail buffeting, wing fatigue damage, elements of radar modeling, it's just a few things i've noticed - all of that sets the highest standard. Good job.

If RAZBAM would make a Cold War fighter variant F-15A or C as well in the future I would hardly ever leave my basement.👍

Overall RAZBAM progress over the last few years is fantastic. It's a top notch developer.

Edited by bies
  • Like 21

The HUD is the most fluid feeling to date, even better than the F-16, IMHO.

• Like 5

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Yep, I had to force myself to land and stop flying around (it's 1:30 am and I should sleep 😛 ).

This thing is BEAUTIFUL!

I just need to figure out how to handle the incredibly twitchiness in pitch 🤔
I'd rather not use curves...

• Like 7
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

2 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Yep, I had to force myself to land and stop flying around (it's 1:30 am and I should sleep 😛 ).

This thing is BEAUTIFUL!

I have a cheap x-56, I have 5, 100, 85,5 and I have no twitchiness@. Its very smooth even without FBW.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ignition said:

5, 100, 85,5

I'm not a huge fan of deadzones either, but I'll give that a try and see how it goes 🙂
I already use heavy springs with maximum tension for pitch and for most modules that works great, but not for this one...

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

+1, top quality 🙂

• Like 5

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It’s very very good. I’ve been so pleasantly surprised by how good this module has been out the box. Loads of great features that we have had to wait quite some time for after release in the past. Runs well I’ve found in VR. FM feels good. The way it rotates at take off feels realistic. I’m really enjoying it. 
only criticism I’ve found so far is the rendering in the mirrors seems to lag even though I’m maintaining smooth fps. But I’ve just been disabling mirrors as they still look quite good disabled. 
overall really loving this. 

• Like 3

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Amazing aircraft 

Guys, is there a way to start the F15E with the pilot body already ON? 

Thank you 

• Like 1

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

9 hours ago, Lenux said:

Guys, is there a way to start the F15E with the pilot body already ON? 

Not yet. I reported it as a bug - it does not respect "show pilot body" setting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

For EA I find it one of the best releases I have experienced in DCS. She flies beautifully, low speed handling feels great. Systems are usable, no gamebreaking stuff left out, all in all I am looking forward to spending a lot of time with this module, and watching it grow!

• Like 1

Yeah, I totally agree. She´s a tremendous amount of fun to fly. Also, the radar simulation is flat out the best in DCS. Period. There is nothing like this. And guys....the best thing is it only gets better from here!!! Just imagine for a sec how she performs with JTIDS, HMCS and 9X...man, this will be quite something. What a nice module to fly in...10/10 👍🤙

Edited by Tango3B
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Beirut said:

Definitely enjoying it. I can't have an F-111 but I get to have this, so it's my heavy striker. 

Just need those GBU-28s. 

I think that it is time that someone took a look at developing an F-111. That platform definitely deserves a DCS module.

• Like 3

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

On 6/23/2023 at 3:54 AM, Ignition said:

I have 5, 100, 85,5

What I ended up doing, is mounting my flight stick a bit lower (by about 6 cm). This made very fine movements quite a bit easier, akin to what's needed to fly a helicopter.
I am using 0, 100, 100, 0 again now as it should be 😉

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Zahnatom said:

glare on the MPDs from the fingerprints is incredibly annoying

Glare is from sun light and is realistic. Many modules have it modeled the same.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

10 minutes ago, draconus said:

Glare is from sun light and is realistic. Many modules have it modeled the same.

and its equally annoying. i usually play without head tracking so for some other jets(like the flankers) i've made custom cockpits without the glare part but idk how to do that for the f-15e lol

• Like 1

image.png My beloved ❤️

https://github.com/zahnatom/dcsmods/tree/main : Oerlikon Revolvergun Mk3, Oerlikon Multi Sensor Unit and Halcon SkyKnight missile system, meh accurate and meh quality lol

"One word": well worth the wait.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

23 minutes ago, Nahemoth said:

I was thinking on starting with the Viper (after completing several Hornet campaigns), but seeing the good comments about the F-15E module... what would you recommend right now? F-16C or F-15E?

It's Light vs. Heavy. A Porsche vs. a Suburban. Both planes are great fun. F-16 is more feature rich right now, but the F-15E is the new toy on the block with the fancy radar. 

Depends if you want to dogfight and be fast and agile or do some heavyweight deep strikes. I'm all about A2G so it would be the F-15E for me, but the Viper is still a ton of fun. I'd wait for the Viper on sale, and there will probably be one soon.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

On 6/23/2023 at 12:44 AM, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Stick extension? For aircraft that use a long throw centre stick it’s the only way to go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jackjack171 said:

I think that it is time that someone took a look at developing an F-111. That platform definitely deserves a DCS module.

negative its one of the worst tactical jets ever built.

how are we finding weapon deployment in single player?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.