MT freezes even in main menu

16 minutes ago, Predator-78 said:

Big are you now convinced that the problem does not depend on computer to computer? I have been writing to this forum for more than a month reporting that there is something wrong with the MT version, after 2.9 the stuttering problems have become even more evident. If you pay attention, slightly older CPUs are not affected by this particular problem.

Inviato dal mio SM-G998B utilizzando Tapatalk

I noticed that it seems to be high end rigs as well 

• Like 1

Same for me with an AMD 5900x. MT causes a lot of stutter for me. Disabling CPPC and CPPC prefered cores in Uefi made it a little bit better for me. Also setting Motion reprojection from fixed 45 hz to variable in SteamVR improved it a little. 

I think MT has problems but also steamvr causing stutter too at the moment. 

As others said ST is much much smoother with less stutter in free flight missions, but in AI heavy missions you get CPU limited very fast and get stutters too........ 

Edited by Gripen 4-1

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
42 minutes ago, Predator-78 said:

Big are you now convinced that the problem does not depend on computer to computer? I have been writing to this forum for more than a month reporting that there is something wrong with the MT version, after 2.9 the stuttering problems have become even more evident. If you pay attention, slightly older CPUs are not affected by this particular problem.

Inviato dal mio SM-G998B utilizzando Tapatalk

Again it will depend on system spec, and settings and many other reasons, one solution may not suit another, but we have reports open for the MT dev to resolve and hope that it will help those who see problems. 

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 ora fa, Tazer83 ha scritto:

Quali sono le specifiche del tuo sistema, ti dispiace se te lo chiedo 

i7-12700K 3.60Ghz - Asus Rog Strix Z690-A - DDR4 32 GB- MSI 3080ti Ventus - Win11.  

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

6 minutes ago, Predator-78 said:

i7-12700K 3.60Ghz - Asus Rog Strix Z690-A - DDR4 32 GB- MSI 3080ti Ventus - Win11.  

Sorry I couldn't see your specs at the time. I'm fairly new to the forum but been playing since 2015 so adding info on my profile when I get chance day by day. I've just completed my sig so I can now see everyone's.

I'm having horrible stutter issues when DLSS is active. I still need a little more time to drill it down.

• Like 1

I7 10700K (OVERCLOCKED)5.1GHZ, ASUS STRIX Z490F MOTHERBOARD, RTX VENTUS 4070 12GB, 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE (3500mhz) 2X 1TB NVMe M.2 980 PRO SSD. WIN11,THRUSTMASTER WARTHOG JOYSTICK,THROTTLE,TRACK IR.

1 ora fa, BIGNEWY ha scritto:

Ancora una volta dipenderà dalle specifiche del sistema, dalle impostazioni e da molti altri motivi, una soluzione potrebbe non adattarsi a un'altra, ma abbiamo rapporti aperti affinché lo sviluppatore MT possa risolverli e speriamo che possa aiutare coloro che riscontrano problemi. 

I don't want to contradict you, if it should be as you say, the same problem should be there for most PC games. We all know that the MT version has just been released and that the development team is working on it, but let's not put all the blame on PCs. I imagine that MT is the future for DCS and this is also demonstrated by the fact that the DLSS function has not been applied to the single core version, if a solution is not found what will all the users who encounter this problem do? I don't want to bandage my head before breaking it, I like more to think that the team will solve the problem in a short time.

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

• ED Team
14 minutes ago, Predator-78 said:

I don't want to contradict you, if it should be as you say, the same problem should be there for most PC games. We all know that the MT version has just been released and that the development team is working on it, but let's not put all the blame on PCs. I imagine that MT is the future for DCS and this is also demonstrated by the fact that the DLSS function has not been applied to the single core version, if a solution is not found what will all the users who encounter this problem do? I don't want to bandage my head before breaking it, I like more to think that the team will solve the problem in a short time.

I am not sure if this is a language barrier thing or not, but the team are working on tweaking MT with everyone's feedback, the complexity is huge, as mentioned a few times hardware and configuration can be different between machines and users. You will need to be patient while we work on the problems and the reports we have. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm running a 13th gen i7 at stock speeds and a 4090 

To add my experience, I've noticed that MT causes a lot of stutters compared to ST. Looking at CPU usage, one of the cores ( core 8 ) seems to be locked at 100% when running DCS. What I can't tell is whether it's an E-Core or a P-Core. 

Not sure if this helps? 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I am not sure if this is a language barrier thing or not, but the team are working on tweaking MT with everyone's feedback, the complexity is huge, as mentioned a few times hardware and configuration can be different between machines and users. You will need to be patient while we work on the problems and the reports we have. 

thank you

I think people on here need to be aware that this is a (OPEN BETA) update (A MASSIVE ONE) which means its going to come with a considerable amount of bugs hence the reason for this thread. The thread is meant for reporting bugs so the developers can get to the bottom of them and basically hotfix them. If you don't want the bugs play STABLE and then wait for the fixes to migrate from open beta to stable.

• Like 1

I7 10700K (OVERCLOCKED)5.1GHZ, ASUS STRIX Z490F MOTHERBOARD, RTX VENTUS 4070 12GB, 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE (3500mhz) 2X 1TB NVMe M.2 980 PRO SSD. WIN11,THRUSTMASTER WARTHOG JOYSTICK,THROTTLE,TRACK IR.

What's interesting is that 2.9 highlights even more this issue that we reported back in June. I see many new users who noticed that something was wrong. This is good because maybe we will finally get a solution 😉. For now, remember that you can disable HT in the BIOS permanently, which will solve this problem temporarily.

• Like 4

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

25 minutes ago, YoYo said:

What's interesting is that 2.9 highlights even more this issue that we reported back in June. I see many new users who noticed that something was wrong. This is good because maybe we will finally get a solution 😉. For now, remember that you can disable HT in the BIOS permanently, which will solve this problem temporarily.

I fear it is not that easy @YoYo

Disabling SMT (AMD HT) does not solve it for me - still some stutter in free flight missions which are not very hardware intensive. 

What make things better for me is to disable AMD CPPC and CPPC prefered cores. 

But I don't have these kind of stuttering in ST, so it must be a HT problem.... 

• Like 1

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

Here with a 5800X3D and I have still stuttering and sometimes less fps than in ST with my Thread number 6 always at 100% ingame and all the others are at 20-30%... This need to be correctly multithreaded right now the game doesn't utilise my CPU correctly and run like ST
I just checked and even on the main menu one thread is at 100%

null

image.png

Edited by Loukuins
  • Thanks 1

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !

1 hour ago, Gripen 4-1 said:

I fear it is not that easy @YoYo

Disabling SMT (AMD HT) does not solve it for me - still some stutter in free flight missions which are not very hardware intensive. 

What make things better for me is to disable AMD CPPC and CPPC prefered cores. 

But I don't have these kind of stuttering in ST, so it must be a HT problem.... 

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for AMD but mainly it affects Intel 12xxx and 13xxx. Sometimes people here reported problems with AMD processors. For Intel, HT=off or turning off the 8th core completely removes the problem for me.

• Like 3

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

9 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for AMD but mainly it affects Intel 12xxx and 13xxx. Sometimes people here reported problems with AMD processors. For Intel, HT=off or turning off the 8th core completely removes the problem for me.

I tested with using the affinity mask to disable my Thread number 6 and it looks like the game is using more correctly my CPU and having less stutters, but my Thread number 7 is now at 100%... Lol This was taken during a flight on the JF-17 (short flight) on the 4YA Syria server with at least 20-30 people, it felt better and worse at the same time... it's weird I feel like the frame pacing doesn't like that workaroundnull

image.png

image.png

Edited by Loukuins

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

@AdrianL made a nice discovery and issued what I believe to be the best workaround so far. He made a Powershell script which:

1. Disables core "8" of his i9 13900K CPU during DCS startup,
  2. Re-enables it 30 seconds later.

I hope it works for you all. Here's the workaround script:

$app = Start-Process "E:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt\DCS.exe" -PassThru
$app.ProcessorAffinity = 4294967039
Start-Sleep -s 30
$app.ProcessorAffinity = 4294967295 

Line 2 disables the affected core (all but the crazy core are used).

Line 4 re-enables the affected core (all cores are used).

You may need to edit the DCS path as well as the processor affinity, depending on your CPU and on the core that goes crazy.

This tool calculates processor affinities in decimal: https://www.gfsg.co.uk/affinitymask.aspx?SubMenuItem=utilties

Here's how to create and execute a Powershell script:

1. Open Windows notepad.
  2. Copy-paste the lines and edit them as explained above.
  3. Save the file as myDCSscript.ps1
  4. Right-click the file then click "Open with Powershell".

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

51 minutes ago, Loukuins said:

Here with a 5800X3D and I have still stuttering and sometimes less fps than in ST with my Thread number 6 always at 100% ingame and all the others are at 20-30%... This need to be correctly multithreaded right now the game doesn't utilise my CPU correctly and run like ST
I just checked and even on the main menu one thread is at 100%

null

image.png

Looks familiar to me! One core is working like hell......

This is what’s happening on my machine that did not happen before 2.9.

When I expand the FR counter in game and in VR watching the processor line something it hitting it about every 10 seconds while in a plane. While in the Main Menu it is being hit hard all the time dropping the framerate from a steady 60 that I use to have to 15.

Before 2.9 the sim ran great now is tanked.

System is:

Gigabyte 690 ddr4 gaming motherboard

Intel i5-13600K oc to 5.2

ddr4 at 3600

1TB SSD

Nvidia 4080

Hp Reverb G2 running at 60hz.

In MT micro stutters all the time.

In ST stutters are still there but less often and seem to be when the processor is being it.

With the timing it looks like something is polling for information with a long interrupt.

Edited by Rebel28
updated vid card info

59 minutes ago, Flappie said:

@AdrianL made a nice discovery and issued what I believe to be the best workaround so far. He made a Powershell script which:

1. Disables core "8" of his i9 13900K CPU during DCS startup,
  2. Re-enables it 30 seconds later.

I hope it works for you all. Here's the workaround script:

$app = Start-Process "E:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt\DCS.exe" -PassThru
$app.ProcessorAffinity = 4294967039
Start-Sleep -s 30
$app.ProcessorAffinity = 4294967295 

Line 2 disables the affected core (all but the crazy core are used).

Line 4 re-enables the affected core (all cores are used).

You may need to edit the DCS path as well as the processor affinity, depending on your CPU and on the core that goes crazy.

This tool calculates processor affinities in decimal: https://www.gfsg.co.uk/affinitymask.aspx?SubMenuItem=utilties

Do I need to put that in the autoexec or make a cmd file or something like that? 

No, it's Powershell script.

1. Open Windows notepad.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

No, it's Powershell script.

1. Open Windows notepad.

I cant get it working. Powershell opens it up, but closes immediately. Works fine if I just paste the whole command in power shell, but the shortcut doesnt work.

myDCSscript.ps1

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+/ AH64D grip/custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 + Odyssey Ark | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro
 My wallpaper and skins

@Hammer1-1 Run this command in Powershell as an administrator:

Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

You will then be prompted with a question (do you accept?), answer "Y". It authorizes the execution of Powershell scripts.

Now, anytime you will run a .ps1 script, Powershell will ask for your authorization to continue. I prefer not to advertise the parameter which removes this prompt for safety reasons.

• Like 3

Ill give it a shot, thanks for the help.

Edit: didnt do anything. Best I get is this screen if I copy and paste all that into the power shell app.

Desktop Screenshot 2023.10.21 - 14.41.17.41.png

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+/ AH64D grip/custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 + Odyssey Ark | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro
 My wallpaper and skins