MT freezes even in main menu

My problems is it stutters in main menu and I have just 6fps while flying, after I tried the cpu unbound fix. 

After I reinstall the graphic driver I have again 60 fps. But after pc restart I stutters in main menu and 6fps while flying again. 

don’t think it’s DCS related. Because after PC restart I recognize stutter in Oculus Dash too. (Even without starting DCS) 

CPU unbound crashed something in my system.

i tried to reject the win10 power settings, reinstalled my chipset drivers , reject my bios settings to default… nothing helps…. 

and I have no idea in which systempart CPUunbound made any changes. 

out of interest how many people have hyper threading disabled that are encountering this problem? 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

1 hour ago, Sr. said:

I'm happy to report the freezing after selecting a flight (which before for could take MINUTES) has been fixed... for me.

I just did a few test: And the first airframe/terrain load took a little bit (expected). Was like I recall in days passed if you cleared shaders, you'd have to let them rebuild for each aircraft and terrain.

Once that was done, I can now start a flight in seconds, quit, choose another click Ok, and it's actually single digit seconds when the cockpit/briefing screen appears. Switch to another aircraft... same initial wait like first shader like, then quit/switched a few different missions... seconds.

Even after switching BACK to another aircraft/terrain... seconds to the briefing screen/cockpit.

SSS weirdness is fixed... though I still see little use for it. The smearing (F3 flyby) is still there but, that may just be a product of DLSS.

Is it just me or, did they add cockpit shudder when firing cannon? Noticed it in F-16 and A-10II C

Don't pass judgment too early. If you had the problem before, before today's patch, I am 90% sure that you will still have the problem. This problem has a 50/50 chance of occurring, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. If you can't see it, I suggest flying for a few days and letting you know on Monday ;).

The issue has not been touched upon from what can be seen in the changelog.

34 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

out of interest how many people have hyper threading disabled that are encountering this problem? 

Previously, when I had HT turned off, I never had this problem. Now I noticed that even when HT is turned off, these freezes also appear.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I just encountered it properly with HT turned off (fixing something else)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

4 hours ago, YoYo said:

I don't have good news after the Today's patch for those waiting for a solution to this problem 😞. It's still as it was. Freezes as it was, 8th core packed to the ceiling.

GRaZJB2.jpg

Better stop hyping new updates. It just gives people false hopes.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, Danzig said:

ht on/off, cpu unbound, core 8 disabled, all cores unparked, older nvidia drivers, new nvidia driver, nothing works -_-

My system

HT enabled, cores unparked, all enabled. Current n vidia drivers. 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

20 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Better stop hyping new updates. It just gives people false hopes.

Hope dies last 😋!

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

4 hours ago, YoYo said:

Don't pass judgment too early. If you had the problem before, before today's patch, I am 90% sure that you will still have the problem. This problem has a 50/50 chance of occurring, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. If you can't see it, I suggest flying for a few days and letting you know on Monday ;).

The issue has not been touched upon from what can be seen in the changelog.

Previously, when I had HT turned off, I never had this problem. Now I noticed that even when HT is turned off, these freezes also appear.

I've not had these freeze or jittering in mission or at the menu screens. My issue has only ever been having to brute force my way passed the mission loading... once that happened, it was (and still is) smooth flying.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On 8/18/2023 at 10:48 AM, BIGNEWY said:

thanks for the feedback and if you are seeing improvement great. 

If you are not please continue to add your dcs logs 

thank you

Hi, if I can,I will add my log here.dcs.log

Cause it reminds me of my problem too.

Iam plaing on 13700K + rtx4080 32gigs of DDR4 - all stable otherwise

Never got stuck in menu, but in game sometimes it happens - the freeze

One flight test of some Harrier mission, were I always test I got several freezes.

in game it seems  (CTRL+PAUSE) CPU bound then immediately after GPU bound and freeze of about 1,5s
In Windows task manager I see 8th thread utilized to the max. and every other core is like not working...

In this log, it was still coming again and again, I have waited about 10 minutes and tried to play in that, so that the log is long enought, hope it helps...

On the other hand, thanks for added eye candy !!

2,9 is BEST gift this year !!!

With the last update I am unable to use DCS anymore, everything is a slideshow, even the main menu.  Did all the hundreds of tshooting steps with no effect.

I have a 13900k and 4090.

This product is so frustrating, I spend more than half my time tshooting and dealing with issues than actually using the product.  My buddy and I have stopped buying modules and are moving away from using DCS due to the hassle.  What a major bummer.  What's happening at ED?  Have they totally lost it?  Sure seems like it.  -sad-

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crazyave said:

With the last update I am unable to use DCS anymore, everything is a slideshow, even the main menu.  Did all the hundreds of tshooting steps with no effect.

I have a 13900k and 4090.

This product is so frustrating, I spend more than half my time tshooting and dealing with issues than actually using the product.  My buddy and I have stopped buying modules and are moving away from using DCS due to the hassle.  What a major bummer.  What's happening at ED?  Have they totally lost it?  Sure seems like it.  -sad-

have you tried disabling core parking that has been suggested in the thread  yet?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

26 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

have you tried disabling core parking that has been suggested in the thread  yet?

The problem is that not everyone has the appropriate knowledge. I have a friend who, for example, does not fully understand the new options in the settings and is using old still, let alone change something in the registry or Windows settings. Of course, this is not rocket science knowledge, but I can understand that not everyone wants to change the computer settings only for one title/program. The issue should be resolved as a hot fix finally and fingers crossed for "2 weeks" only ;).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

16 minutes ago, YoYo said:

The problem is that not everyone has the appropriate knowledge. I have a friend who, for example, does not fully understand the new options in the settings and is using old still, let alone change something in the registry or Windows settings. Of course, this is not rocket science knowledge, but I can understand that not everyone wants to change the computer settings only for one title/program. The issue should be resolved as a hot fix finally and fingers crossed for "2 weeks" only ;).

I agree, but it only took me a few minutes to read the thread and find the solution to the problem, and another 5 minutes on google looking for how to disable it. It wasnt a registry edit either, its not a huge fix. But the attitude of ditching DCS altogether over something minor? Come on now.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

13 hours ago, crazyave said:

Do the problems occur in MT only or also in the ST version?

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

On 10/22/2023 at 12:41 PM, AdrianL said:

@Flappie So unparking the cores resolved my issue as well.

I used CPU Unpark (https://coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility), which gives some control over this i.e. you can change it per power plan, no messing with the registry, etc

I found that my default parking index was 4% i.e. 96% of my core's were allowed to be parked.

By trial and error, setting this to 80% has meant my stutter issue is gone and I no longer need to disable CPU8. And I still get some energy savings when not gaming.

image.png

I tried this and I am on windows 10 with a high performance power plan but I don't think it unparked my cores. I still see in windows resource monitor that some cores are still parked..

• Like 1

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

2 hours ago, sze5003 said:

I tried this and I am on windows 10 with a high performance power plan but I don't think it unparked my cores. I still see in windows resource monitor that some cores are still parked..

The same. The MT version is currently not fully optimized for multithreading. Have to wait too.

image.png

image.png

Even the parking idea doesn't work, I still see parked and freezes in the menu. With HT=off there are certainly fewer of them.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

The same. The MT version is currently not fully optimized for multithreading. Have to wait too.

image.thumb.png.da41063c6beb2715f57cc0d02017c319.png
image.png.1fe7888a8469b82e80152931f70a8cca.png
Even the parking idea doesn't work, I still see parked and freezes in the menu. With HT=off there are certainly fewer of them.
Yes I also tried a second app called park control. Don't think that did anything as in resource monitor of windows it still showed some cores parked.

I will stick to non multithreaded DCS for now. With the MT version I get lots of intermittent stutters throughout missions and sometimes it gets so bad fps drops from 90 to 45 to 5 and then impossible to even exit DCS.

Almost performs like a memory leak where the MT version starts with fps spikes and stutters and then sometimes gets really bad the longer you are in it.

With non multithreaded DCS I don't notice as many spikes. Also stutters are less frequent and if there are any usually right as I load in or as resources are loading in VR.
  • Like 2

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

On 10/23/2023 at 12:51 AM, Lurz said:

I have the same issue with ST client also - no difference. Tried to untick the cores one bye one - didn`t work for me. Also disabled Core Parking - no result. I'm with an old i5 6600K 4 cores CPU.

I'm on an Intel quad core as well. ST works with no issues while MT stutters when looking around  in cockpitand then will randomly freeze for 5-10 secs while flying.

I've unparked all cores, but no perceptible difference.

I'd run ST until this is fixed except the F15E doesn't like it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Suffered badly from crackling sound and stuttering despite general good framerates. Sometimes there there were no problems and other times DCS was unplayable. Even sound crackling in the main menu sometimes! A restart of the PC could help, but often no change. (MT, Open Beta, VR)

Disabling parked cores seems to have solved the issue. Finally! 🙂

Edited by Hillman

HW: Intel i5 13600K, 64Gb DDR5, RTX 4090, Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS, TM TPR rudderpedals, Pico 4 VR+VirtualDesktop (VDXR), Win11
DCS: F-5, F-86, F-16, F-15E, FA-18, F-14, Harrier, Viggen, M-2000C, A-10C, AH-64, UH-1, Mi-8, Mi-24, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mig-21, P-47, P-51, Spitfire, Mosquito, Bf-109, Fw-190A, Fw-190D, Yak-52, C101, all maps & tech, SuperCarrier

16 hours ago, boerdi said:

Win 11 + 12900K here

I tried the following core unparking method and I had a stutter-free week so far

Here is the direct link to the source website for the aforementioned method:
https://www.dannymoran.com/windows-cpu-core-parking/

(Before this method i manually modified the affinity of core 8 via task manager to have a stutter-free session)

I had downloaded ParkControl, but it said core parking was already disabled, so I assumed that was checked.  However, the registry key provided in the link you posted was not set as recommended.  That may be a thing, I'll test it again next week when I get a chance. 

DCS is even less stable with HT enabled, my buddy uses AMD (5800X3D) and he has to have SMT disabled to even start the game at all.  If I start and close DCS over and over for about 10-20min, maybe trying to reboot the computer between, sometimes it will come up and work for a period of time.  Totally insane way to have to run an app/game!

ED has chosen not to update ST with any bug fixes/stuttering fixes (like bullet impact textures stutter issue) so even though ST sometimes works when MT does not, then you get all the issues that have only been applied to MT.  You just trade one set of issues for others.

This game requires dedicated practice to remain skilled at flying; landing, taking off, formation flying, IFR, situational awareness, plane specific controls, etc.  When we can't play/practice we degrade, and we have to start over.  VR just barely works on a good day, so these failures are super frustrating for anyone who wants to remain dedicated and skilled in the product.  I wish they would test the huge impactful stuff in some kind of Alpha state and not in Beta, where likely the majority of clients are using the product out of necessity.

Appreciate the help!  Thanks guys!

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 9:12 PM, YoYo said:

image.png

image.png

Buddy, you keep setting your settings wrong, so it's no wonder it doesn't work. Instead of telling Windows to stop core parking for the P- E-cores you told it to park them all the time. You need to set ValueMax and ValueMin to 100 (0x00000064) instead of setting them to 0.

Edit: I just noticed, that you're also editing the wrong key in the registry. dec35c318583 is for the E-cores. You need to edit dec35c318584 and set the ValueMax and ValueMin there to 100 (0x00000064) to prevent the P-cores from parking.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

Buddy, you keep setting your settings wrong, so it's no wonder it doesn't work. Instead of telling Windows to stop core parking for the P-cores you told it to park them all the time. You need to set ValueMax and ValueMin to 100 (0x00000064) instead of setting them to 0.

According this https://www.dannymoran.com/windows-cpu-core-parking/ "0" means no parking. Before I had 64 in ValueMax as default.

CPU core parking is now disabled and the cores should no longer be getting parked

btw. good example (marked for red are parked, DCS runs), in this situation only turning off 8th core solved the issue (for me).

OnVDSrzh.jpg

Half of the threads are parked.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif