SinSinai Map roadmap

OnReTech

1 hour ago, Minsky said:

@QuiGon @Mobius_11804

From the first page of this thread:

Screenshot - 240321 23_33_49.png

Uhh, nice! I didn't see that! 👍

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 9:56 PM, OnReTech said:

Thanks for your feedback. This is a big problem. We urgently added this to the high priority bugs. We will try to fix this and check the entire Nile Delta so that it will be fixed in the upcoming update

I'm a little disappointed that I haven't seen an upgrade to the Sinai map to add bridges over the Nile Delta in the last two updates...
I understand that this can take time to complete, but adding bridges is of crucial importance to exploit this map with convoys!
Even adding a few bridges on a first time will solve the problem a little, even if it means adding more bridges later... It would be appreciated.

Edited by Kappa-131st
  • Like 3

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/346730-dcs-patch-notes-discussion-april-2024/?do=findComment&comment=5412835

Note on Sinai, they are working on an update right now, but it was not able to make this patch. So look for that coming soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 4 weeks later...

Seems the devs lack the skill and foresight to not thing of one huge update and then fail to complete anything. Sometimes less would have been more.

That could still be excused as inexperience. But if they later come back and say they were working on yet another map that is even bigger than the first that would be not cool at all.

I say that because I am getting such vibes. Some people should not be allowed to decide what is being worked on and need supervision, otherwise they will never finish one thing and always just begin something different.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I am hoping the next Patch will have the Sinai update that is long overdue. I decided to hold of on a purchase of Kola map until Sinai gets some improvements.  😁

-Edit -

• I bought the Kola Map 2 days ago. Maybe it was my birthday.   lol..
  • Thanks to all the DCS YouTube reviews (some of them very honest!) I know what I am getting myself into.
  • This is my Hobby and I want to see DCS and any new 3rd party developers like OnReTech move forward in a positive and profitable way.  

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Added info.
  • Like 4
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

39 minutes ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

I am hoping the next Patch will have the Sinai update that is long overdue. I decided to hold of on a purchase of Kola map until Sinai gets some improvements.  😁

I also didn't buy Kola because I know it was released in the same state as Sinai and it will take many years for it to become 100% attractive.

• Like 4

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

The development status for the Sinai is much farther at the EA-Release point as Kola [Kola has huge areas with nothing] - but we have not download any updates or bug fix for Sinai since EA-Release last year in June.

• Like 3

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Sinai is the best map we have for the Phantom so that would be phantastic if the update releases on 21st. Even though its been a long wait for this update, Sinai released in a MUCH better state and is much higher quality then Kola. OnReTech should be proud of that. Looking forward to the update!

• Like 6

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

• 3 weeks later...

Yep it's about time.

They could put it back on sale when they start releasing their first update. Right now it's a huge reputation hit and problem for everyone involved, other companies who are doing Early Access could find that it affects their sales too.

• Like 1

• ED Team

folks we understand you want more news and we have passed it on. OnReTech is still working on the product and you will need continue to be patient. 

Early access and development does take a long time for many reasons, please keep the feedback constructive. 

Thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Can you give some of those reasons? For example why was the bullseye not fixed or why are the frequencies not updated?

Those are mere text changes, countless people do them on their own, probably thousands of times, so why can this not be done once on the original data?

• Like 3

Just now, Burning Bridges said:

For example why was the bullseye not fixed or why are the frequencies not updated?

Personally, I find it not all too helpful to play the blame game. Let's try and focus on how @OnReTech can get "the cow off the ice" as we say here in Switzerland. After that we can see how and what went wrong and what we can learn from it (for example: much better and more direct communication, regular, planned releases that make the deadline come hell or high water, and a transparent roadmap with milestones). Right now, ORT should IMHO focus on the road ahead and not look back - and of course tell us where they are.

• Like 1

Well, to follow your analogy the "cow" has been on the ice for 11 months without getting fed a single time.

So maybe it isn't about getting it off the ice but about a cow cemetery some developers have on their balcony, because they only look once a year or two.

• Like 2

I got this map as next on the chamber on DCS purchases. I'm looking consistently on its next update as some features are much needed for me because my fun is based on mission editor and making scenarios for me and co-op, example being the bullseye out of the map bug.

Any chance of pushing the minor fixes before the big update would be welcome. I'm looking forward to it, nevertheless.

• Like 1