Pilot body appreciation

westr

Listening to the air combat sim podcast. Got some insight into the effort and work that’s gone into the F15Es pilots. The animations are also a wonderful addition, I think their hard work should be appreciated with some good feedback, I think it’s wonderful. Thankyou Razbam team. 

• Like 13

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

10 hours ago, westr said:

Listening to the air combat sim podcast. Got some insight into the effort and work that’s gone into the F15Es pilots. The animations are also a wonderful addition, I think their hard work should be appreciated with some good feedback, I think it’s wonderful. Thankyou Razbam team. 

Btw.

• Like 4

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 8/22/2023 at 6:41 PM, westr said:

Thank you for the kind words.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh

It's very well done, exceptional job, and makes me feel bad that I turn the pilot body off for 99.99% of all flying I do, in all modules. I need to see those switches....and the ones I need to see are normally the ones that are along the side cockpit, the exact ones that are lower priority, thus not mapped to any of my HOTAS/button boxes, and are completely obscured by the pilot model. Even in VR, I find the pilot body the most pointless aspect of a module. I don't get the insistance on it - if I made a module, I would prioritise other aspects. It sucks up work time (modelling, animation etc), for no real simulation gain, and no functional difference. It's already more of a hassle to flick switches compared to reality, I don't need another barrier.

Before the pilot body lovers complain, that is of course JUST MY OPINION, and one which module makes clearly disagree with.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ARM505 said:

It's very well done, exceptional job, and makes me feel bad that I turn the pilot body off for 99.99% of all flying I do, in all modules. I need to see those switches....and the ones I need to see are normally the ones that are along the side cockpit, the exact ones that are lower priority, thus not mapped to any of my HOTAS/button boxes, and are completely obscured by the pilot model. Even in VR, I find the pilot body the most pointless aspect of a module. I don't get the insistance on it - if I made a module, I would prioritise other aspects. It sucks up work time (modelling, animation etc), for no real simulation gain, and no functional difference. It's already more of a hassle to flick switches compared to reality, I don't need another barrier.

Before the pilot body lovers complain, that is of course JUST MY OPINION, and one which module makes clearly disagree with.

I put the show / off pilot body in my hotas so it´s very easy to check the controls if I need it.
The insistance, from my side, comes from the VR feeling very very empty when no body is there. If I can recall well, Warthog and Viper have no body, and they feel awkward after flying Harrier, Tomcat, Hornet or Strike Eagle.

• Like 2

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

On 8/27/2023 at 2:54 AM, ARM505 said:

Well the VR pilot body actually was needed since this is a multicrew cockpit the other guy has to look good when we turn around, so it was 2 birds one stone situation.

3D scanner and spray: $9000.00
(MZ-HM01) Mannequin: $508.00
CWU-27/P (Desert): $37.99
CSU-13B G-Suit: $92.99
USAF crew survival vest snap track w/ holster: $22.49
PCU-15 Harness w/ LPU-9: $516.00
CRU-94P CRU Oxygen Regulator: $202.98
Belleville USAF Flight Boots: $79.81
and so much more...

Giving people a good in cockpit/VR pilots.. PRICELESS!
There are some things money can't buy; for everything else, there's Mastercard

Edited by Timghetta
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bit late to the party, but as one of the DCS players who "hates" to sit in an empty cockpit, also from me a huge thank you to Razbam for putting so much effort in the pilot body.

As the OP already stated; very much appreciated!!

• Like 4

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

DCS is working on the new driver for the F18 which should be the same for the F16 do you think they will do as well as the Razbam F15E?
m
Now I think they don't have much choice but to do as well!!
Thank you Razbam for the work done on your pilots and for having esteem for us.👍👏

In fact, the only thing I miss is a kneeboard on knee, i put this somewhere on the wishlist section. We already have light for night kneeboard reading, so i think some day we see kneeboard on 3D pilot's model knee...

• Like 3

:pilotfly:

I will also express my opinion that the pilot body should be a priority and even requirement for any early access module, for both VR and monitor flying. It totally breaks immersion seeing empty chair with "painted" seatbelts on it during aircraft operation.

@Timghetta What's your future plans to improve the already great body? Fixing clipping, more body and head movement?

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I don't really mind Pilot Bodies either way. (Except in the Mi-8. Those Guys are creepy AF and need to go... 😅)

Most of the time I switch them off for practical reasons....

HOWEVER - I really appreciate the external View of the F-15 crew, which for example accurately show the line of sight of both crew and so on. And I appreciate the effort and talent that went into creating the 1st Person models as well!

👍

Edit: Just came to my mind - I don't know if I have seen it in DCS or somewhere else... there was a pilot model, that got transparent when you moved the mouse over it.....

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 9/6/2023 at 9:17 AM, draconus said:

I will also express my opinion that the pilot body should be a priority and even requirement for any early access module, for both VR and monitor flying. It totally breaks immersion seeing empty chair with "painted" seatbelts on it during aircraft operation.

@Timghetta What's your future plans to improve the already great body? Fixing clipping, more body and head movement?

Right now working on patches, already added head shadow, and cavity map.
But honestly don't how much further can go yet. 

it's a pain making 3 sets of patches used on the pilot. Got to make the normal map look like patches and that means redrawing them multiple times, just to build layers.
(First set seen here)F4VVeQgXwAEKp1_.jpg

Edited by Timghetta
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 9/8/2023 at 1:16 AM, Timghetta said:

it's a pain making 3 sets of patches used on the pilot. Got to make the normal map look like patches and that means redrawing them multiple times, just to build layers.
(First set seen here)F4VVeQgXwAEKp1_.jpg

Exitced to see these at the end reseult!

• Like 1

-User Files
-Portfolio
-Twitter
-Hardware : VIRPIL WarBrd-D + TM F/A-18C grip, Winwing Orion 2 F-16/F/A-18 grip, Logitech rudder pedals
-Specs : AMD Ryzen 5 7600x, 32 gb Ram, NVIDIA RTX 3070, 

5 hours ago, badger7966 said:

I want a female !!!

And how do you plan to distinguish her from him inside the flight gear and helmet? 

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

12 hours ago, Hiob said:

And how do you plan to distinguish her from him inside the flight gear and helmet? 

Hairy arms?

Edited by draconus
  • Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

1 hour ago, draconus said:

Hairy hands?

Maybe she happens to have thick dark body hair or he likes to shave? A rabbit hole….. 😂

Luckily the chromosomes of the pilot doesn’t affect the performance or systems of the actual aircraft! 🤔

• Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 8:54 AM, ARM505 said:

i'm kinda in the same camp, but wouldn't go as far as saying skip modelling the pilot body altogether.

i think it would be really cool, if the avatar would lift his left elbow up, when the player's view is turned to the left side console. maybe add a latency so that repetitive quick glances dont make the pilot dance too hard in the cockpit.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2023 at 7:16 PM, Timghetta said:

Are we looking at decal layers for these as well?  Looking forward to it!