Patch notes discussion October 2023 - DCS 2.9

BIGNEWY

Same here like the new NVG’s, but have to say that I still can’t see my own laser and have also noticed that I can see jtac laser without NVG’s on dark night.

This is in single player MT. Going to try test in multiplayer today. I have some screen shots but there hard to see in VR.

Maybe someone else can test.

System info

windows 10 pro

I9 9900ks 5G

ROG z390 MB

64 ddr4 3800 Corsair dominator

Asus ROG 4090 oc

Pimax 8kx normal FOV PD 1.5 DCS PD set to .5

OpenXR for Pimax

DCS OB MT

Screen_231021_100659.jpg

Screen_231021_100707.jpg

Screen_231021_100837.jpg

Atari 800XL 64K MEMORY 1050 FLOPPY Video GTIA chip 300 baud modem.

On 10/23/2023 at 7:45 PM, PLUTON said:

I tried the Normandy 2 & Mariana maps with the Huey & the Gazelle and I went from 60 fps to 16 fps so a huge loss of fps suddenly with DLSS in vr since the update the other maps are stable at 60 fps .
On the other hand, Normandie and Mariana were stable before 2.9

And where can I adjust the parking of the hearts? SVP

Try None MT .

Go single core exe . I still get smooth game play in single core DCS online servers in VR . 

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Can someone check if external aircraft lights are visible over greater distances now? On 2.8 an aircraft in full disco mode would completely vanish into the darkness after less than a mile or so...

With refinments to LOD and spotting, maybe the devs have finally revisited this longstanding problem?!

• Like 3

On 10/20/2023 at 1:52 PM, Manhorne said:

I am not running Multi thread. Never have. The update tanked my FPS and any adjustments I make to the settings  on improves if marginally . I plan to play around with it over the weekend but seeing how I went from smooth graphics to the sim becoming completely unplayable after the update I do not think there is any adjustments that will get me back to where I was at.

I have the same issue..  DCS 2.8 no issues.  FPS would be between 80 -108FPS on triple screen 4k..  Now with 2.9..  everything tanked..  Even if you used DLSS no improvements..  This patch requires a repatch..

Please apply the new Hi Def S-3B 3D model to the tanker version of the aircraft or add buddy refueling pods to the new version. Quite disappointing that the only carrier based tanker in the game looks like it was made for the gameboy advanced.

• Like 2

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Is ii a know issue that you can see JTAC lasers in the day time, I can see a think black lack line extending from them to the smoke marker in the Sinai TTi we have on our servers, I tried to take a screen shot but the line didn't show up in an pics I take, I thought it may have been due to SSS as I had just enabled that but I turned it off and it was still showing.

11 hours ago, Hotdognz said:

Is ii a know issue that you can see JTAC lasers in the day time

It was mentioned by other users but I can't find the proper report.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Some YouTubers speculate there will be a hot fix SoonTM. I guess it will be there when it is done.

Anyway, back to topic.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

10 minutes ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Some YouTubers speculate there will be a hot fix SoonTM. I guess it will be there when it is done.

Anyway, back to topic.

A 'hotfix' would have been more likely to have been released on Monday or Tuesday (ie, outside of the usual scheduled times). If they release anything now, it'll probably more be a patch than a hotfix given that it's Thursday again. I know... Symantec's and OCD don't go well together. 😄 

11 minutes ago, Dangerzone said:

A 'hotfix' would have been more likely to have been released on Monday or Tuesday (ie, outside of the usual scheduled times).

Looking at recent DCS patch history, the hotfixes happened on all days except saturday.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• ED Team

As soon as I can give you all a date I will, currently checking all fixes made so far internally. 

Thank you 

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

9 hours ago, Wizard_03 said:

Please apply the new Hi Def S-3B 3D model to the tanker version of the aircraft or add buddy refueling pods to the new version. Quite disappointing that the only carrier based tanker in the game looks like it was made for the gameboy advanced.

It's supposed to come later on. It might be related to new hose physics which were said to be in the works.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dangerzone said:

I stand corrected. I'm guessing maybe ED have a different terminology of hotfix vs patch compared to what I've been familiar with. 👍

At least in DCS the hotfixes usually are small packs of changes - usually only some core or limited amount of modules affected - not long (a few days) after official patches (or previous hotfix) which are meant to correct most critical and game-breaking issues.

• Like 1

• ED Team

We usually have a monthly content patch which is a larger one. Then smaller fixes as required. 

When we are happy open beta is as stable as possible we then think about pushing it to the stable branch. 

thanks

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWYThere will be an update today that fixes bugs identified during the first week of 2.9?

Edited by prianik

I7 10700 KF | RTX 3080 | HyperX Fury 64 GB | Oculus quest 3 | VPC WarBRD Base + VPC Constellation ALPHA GripVPC MongoosT-50CM3 ThrottleVPC ACE Flight Rudder Pedals |

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, prianik said:

There will be an update today that fixes bugs identified during the first week of 2.9?

There will be a patch soon to address as many of them as we can, the change log will have full details

thanks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Before your information I have considered to restore DCS 2.8 (or even stable), but if update is likely to be published soon that I will find a bit more patience.

We have crossed fingers and looking forward for it 😉

Best Regards

• ED Team
7 minutes ago, Mateo said:

Before your information I have considered to restore DCS 2.8 (or even stable), but if update is likely to be published soon that I will find a bit more patience.

We have crossed fingers and looking forward for it 😉

Best Regards

A lot of patience is required when using the open beta public test build. But I think you will be ok if you continue to wait. 

thanks

• Like 5

Gents, BIGY doesn't bite... get over it.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

3 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Gents, BIGY doesn't bite... get over it.

No, but he has claws and he's sharp on five ends!  I've seen him use a MiG-29 as a scratching post and it wasn't pretty...  🙂

Speaking of Bignewy I was just checking the boards this morning, because it beats the heck out of working, and thought we're about due for the first patch...and there he is!

• Like 2

Btw. Today we will have the patch/hot fix.

image.png

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• ED Team

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.9.0.47168/

DCS World

• ME. Resource manager. Supplier arrow from previous mission remains in some case - fixed
  • MP. Ships livery does not match livery specified in mission - fixed
  • AI aircraft. S-3B Tanker. Updated 3d model
  • Stennis CVN-74 is not available for spawn and landing without the SC module - fixed
  • MP. Aircraft and missiles in flight "jitter" back and forwards - fixed
  • AI aircraft. IL-76MD middle section can endure too many hits - fixed
  • MP. TACAN range stuck at 20 nm whenever Voice Chat is disabled - fixed
  • Graphics. Some graphical options can be changed in the simulation without affect to picture: Anti-Aliasing, Flat Shadows Blur, SSS - fixed
  • Graphics. Screen Space Shadows with DLSS cause Shadow issues - fixed
  • MP. The new rotor wash effect is not visible other clients - fixed
  • Graphics. DLSS. FC3 aircraft HUD blurs with rapid movement - fixed
  • The scripting function coalition.getPlayers() doesn't return CA controlled objects. Only aircraft set to player/client that are occupied are returned. As a result it is impossible to know which units are directly being controlled by Combined Arms players - fixed.
  • MP. Net protocol changed, so old version servers will not be shown in the server list.

DCS: F-16C Viper by Eagle Dynamics

• Fixed: TDOA in MP causes severe server lag and 100% CPU usage on server.
  • Fixed: TDOA generates frozen target
  • Fixed: AA FCR is detecting ground units (Ground targets are displayed if they have radial velocity more or equal MTR value).
  • Fixed: Performing the BIT test will remove lock tones from the RWR

DCS: F/A-18C by Eagle Dynamics

• Added New pilot model from first person (Work in progress). Known issues: The salute command doesn't work when using option Afterburner detent.
  • Fixed: Jamming Symbology Missing from RDR ATTK Page
  • Fixed: Crash in missions with more than 1000 units
  • Fixed: Sensor Control Switch aft inoperable in ACM bore mode
  • Fixed: External fuel tanks do not MASK ATFLIR correctly

DCS: AH-64D by Eagle Dynamics

• Fixed: Attitude Hold sub-modes are causing occasional oscillations in pitch and roll.
  • Fixed: Crash on Datalink BDA Send
  • Fixed; Throttle Levers not syncing in Multicrew
  • Fixed: Circular pattern appearing in CPG monitor in certain conditions

DCS: Mi-24P Hind by Eagle Dynamics

• Improved: Petrovich AI targets detection tuning. Now Petrovich will take into account more factors like:
    • If target moving then detection is faster
    • If target is on road then detection is faster
    • If Petrovich already detected this target before and scanning same area again same target will take much less time to detect
  • Added: Petrovich AI now scan for targets routinely from his cockpit when he is not using ATGM aiming sight. Petrovich will report contacts clock wise if he will detect anything. Contacts report if remembered and not spammed constantly, he only warns commander ones then some time should pass before he warns commander about same contacts again. Only subtitles for now.

DCS: A-10C by Eagle Dynamics

• Fixed: wrong radio for the voice chat instead of ARC-210 (A-10C II only)
  • Fixed:  SADL: changing ID's only affects own aircraft (fixed duplicate entries in TM and Donor lists after multiple pressing dtc upload button)
  • Fixed: GBU-31/38/54 do not align

DCS: Yak-52 by Eagle Dynamics

• Added: LODs to the aircraft
  • Fixed: too small trigger zone in the take-off training mission

DCS: Supercarrier by Eagle Dynamics

• Fixed: Stennis CVN-74 is not available for spawn and landing without the SC module

DCS Mirage F1 by Aerges

• Fixed the inability to communicate with radios (not heard in a hot start mission unless function selector is cycled off and on).
  • Fixed incorrect fuel quantities initialization in a second, and subsequent starts of missions with different F1 versions being selected in each.
  • The detotalizer will now display correct values during mission progress.
  • Fixed the radar scan slowing down sometimes.
  • Fixed F1BE not reacting to ground crew actions: 'ground power on/off', 'weapons rearm and refuel' and 'repair'.
  • Fixed rear cockpit ladder animation.
  • Fixed rear cockpit parking brake inputs not working.
  • Rear cockpit right brake animation is now independent from left brake.
  • Fixed throttle (C + M or SW)R button that was not moving with throttle.
  • Fixed ejection seat pin, it now disappears when fully removed).
  • Added Mirage F1 BE Single and Quick Start missions for Nevada and Syria maps.

DCS: SA-342 Gazelle by Polychop Simulations

• Fixed: VOIP radio selection

DCS: C-101 Aviojet by AvioDev

• The radio for transmission is correctly selected now at hot start, before the Intercom mode selector is touched

DCS: M-2000C by RAZBAM Simulations

• Added: IFF Transponder.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 7

• Added New pilot model from first person (Work in progress). Known issues: The salute command doesn't work when using option Afterburner detent.

Anxious to check this out! :cheer3nc:

(Hopefully this means our Viper is also soon to be transformed from a QF-16 to a proper F-16 😉)

• Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH