Intel hybrid CPU Getting stutter? Please try this in multithreading DCS

7 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

please stay on topic here, we want to get feedback on the use of the mt.lua in the first thread. 

thank you 

Afdter todays update, MT.lua still rules my game 🙂 thanks !!

image.png

without MT.lua (playable but theese are there and sometimes it lag)
image.png

with MT.lua ( super, I have to try hard to make these stairs)
image.png

Edited by P3Ci
  • Thanks 1

Ok, so after today on my 12 series like @P3Ci i see an improvement in game (the stairs effect is much reduced)  however, it still tries to use the e-cores by default, and it does not stop the menu stutters 

• Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

9 hours ago, YoYo said:

I'm starting to convince myself ;). I've been avoiding 11 like the plague, but I guess there's no way around it. It's good to know that the free update does not cause problems with maintaining older files and programs, which is what I'm afraid of. I don't want to build a new system right now.

I too was avoiding W11, but after reading through this thread I finally did it about 30 minutes ago. Super easy process and was done in about 30-ish minutes. It truly just looks like a reskin of W10. It shouldn't have much impact on my processor since I'm on a 9700K but I knew eventually I would need to upgrade and better to do it now while it's still free. 

Haven't tried DCS since the new OB update dropped, but I will test it out and let you know if I have any significant issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TonyG said:

I did it today, worked OK. 

Must've Been Windows 7 and 8 Then.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Works for my setup. I wasn't getting micro stutters often, but every 2 minutes or so a 1/2 - 1 second freeze. Just flew in a pretty action packed Syria mission in both the Hornet and KA 50 III and zero FPS spikes.

Flying VR on my laptop  - Win 11, Cores Unparked, 3070 TI, 64 Gb RAM, 12700H, Quest 2. Most setting maxed or close to it. Constant 45 FPS locked using the new in game FPS option.

Thanks!!!

this fix brought my stuttering back after the latest update. Granted it wasnt nearly as bad as it was before, but it was still spiking every 1 second or so.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

7 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

this fix brought my stuttering back after the latest update. Granted it wasnt nearly as bad as it was before, but it was still spiking every 1 second or so.

This fix brought the stutter back? Meaning you have no stutters without the fix? 🤔

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

What I learned yesterday when I tinkered with issue was, that it is definitely CPU-related, that is choking and causing the stutters (duh, cpt. obvious 😆). Normally when the GPU is at its limits, fps drop, but GPU-uitlization/load stays at 99%. Yesterday, I played around a bit with core-affinity and locked cores, different core-count etc. and that definitely influenced the amount and pattern of the stutters, but I wasn't able to get rid of them completely. But I noticed that the severe instances coincided with the GPU-utilization dropping into the single digits or even to zero. So my conclusion is that there are problems with the data streaming.

Maybe, like Jabbers assumed, the multiple threads are choking the I/Os when loading or offloading data.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

I think that also depends on data storage system. 

I don't have any stutters (with mt.lua) on Jabbers test mission with 8c/16thr cpu (all used by dcs affinity wise), 64gb ddr4@3600 and DCS on dedicated nvme. But at the same time I don't have any applications using my storage system in the background apart from normal win11 stuff, so the number of IO's is normal. 

Edited by Bazz_Mulder

Kowalsky

- "Fox 3" means that you have commitment issues

23 minutes ago, Bazz_Mulder said:

I think that also depends on data storage system. 

I don't have any stutters (with mt.lua) on Jabbers test mission with 8c/16thr cpu (all used by dcs affinity wise), 64gb ddr4@3600 and DCS on dedicated nvme. But at the same time I don't have any applications using my storage system in the background apart from normal win11 stuff, so the number of IO's is normal. 

I don't think it is necessarily the data read from the storage. I thought more about cpu <> ram or cpu <> gpu. But the nitty gritty of this goes beyond my limited knowledge.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

After a few singleplayer-missons with the mt.lua I can report the following:

In the mission planner/F10 map: the stutters are still present (but not always/in every session)

20231115165741_1.jpg

During flight there are absolutely no lags/stutters (the next three screenshots are from the same session as above)

20231115172710_1.jpg

20231115172956_1.jpg

20231117190434_1.jpg

My subjective impression is that the fix brought a noticeable improvement. A look at the task manager confirms this impression. Pre mt.lua only a few cores have been active - at a higher peak level. But now the distribution of the processor load across the cores is much better than before.

grafik.png

My setup:

• i9-13900K, 64 GB RAM DDR5-5200, RTX 4090, 2D (3840x2160), Windows 11, DCS installed on native SSD (Samsung 990 Pro NVMe), klick here for further details
  • limited by nVidia-Driver to 60 FPS
  • dcs.log: dcs.log
  • System-/BIOS-Settings: nearly all standard (XMP3 enabled, no CPU or GPU overclocking, core parking not disabled, HT on, etc.)

Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

I don't have any problems normally but decided to try this mt.lua just for testing sake, adding to the collected data.

For me it resulted in much much worse performance, horrible long stutters, totally unplayable.

Specs in signature.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

No change for me. The only way to get less stutters is to disable DLSS and switch to MSAA, and to set LOD to 0,3. I can so run DCS to a 60 fPS (5760*1080) but have some times "spike" stutters. Was so smooth before 2.9, even in MT. Sounds like a disk I/O problem (even if it runs on a Mvme) or a memory management one. Lowering the preloading slider to the minimum increase performances... crazy thing. By the way, with the new update and the Mt.lua file, CPU load is a bit higher, without any performances improvement.

Edited by thechaps16

Win10-64 / MAG Z-790 Tomahawk Wifi / Intel i7-13700 KF / MSI MAG Coreliquid 360R V2 / MSI RTX-4080 SuprimX / Kingston SK Hynix 64Go DDR5-6400-C32 / 1*Nvme Crucial CT2000P3 2.0Tb / 5*SSD Samsung 860QVO 1Tb / 3*Samsung S27E330 Monitors / HP-Reverb G2 / Track-Ir 5 / Thrustmaster: Warthog Throttle + Warthog Stick + F/A-18 Stick + T.Flight Rudders / Home Cinema LG HT503TH / Home-Cockpit F/A-18C (currently only right console, others being build) / Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ as a Flypad and Sim control

For me this fix works.

Intel 13900k // DDR5- 64gb // RTX4090 

Win-11 

VR with Pimax Crystal

• Thanks 1

i7-8700K / 32GB RAM @3000 / 1TB M.2 SSD / Asus RTX 2080 Ti OC

VR- Gamer: Valve Index

Flight Gear: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Thrustmaster TPR / 3x Thrustmaster MFD / Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two (at least) different problems here.  Stutters in menu,stutters in game/flight, we need to be clear about which we are reporting. MT.lua seems for me to remove the issue with stutters in game, if I have already taken care of  the cores that it uses, what it doesn't seem to do is fix the stutters in menu, nor the use of efficency cores(or the amd equivalent of the nonx3d cores)by the game.

If you have stutters in menu you will always have them in game, if you have a clear menu you may also get additional stutters in game.

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

12 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

There are two (at least) different problems here.  Stutters in menu,stutters in game/flight, we need to be clear about which we are reporting. MT.lua seems for me to remove the issue with stutters in game, if I have already taken care of  the cores that it uses, what it doesn't seem to do is fix the stutters in menu, nor the use of efficency cores(or the amd equivalent of the nonx3d cores)by the game.

If you have stutters in menu you will always have them in game, if you have a clear menu you may also get additional stutters in game.

ED should have phrased their post better. I can't see how they are going to be able to sort the wood from the trees on this one.

Tried with DCS 2.9.1.48111 Open Beta again.

Now MT.lua or not. There seems no difference. In the previous version where the performance bug was introduced it seemed like the MT.lua even gave me a worse performance and more stutters. Seems not to have an effect with this update.

Running a Varjo Aero with this system:

grafik.png