Wags interview 27th November 2023

Tshark

New episode of the "Mover and Gonky Show" will stream live tonight featuring Wags as a guest host.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

Thanks... Unfortunately I don´t have the time to watch the whole (long) episode. Anyone willing to share some important news?

• Like 4

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Wags interview 27th November 2023
7 hours ago, MadMonty said:

Thanks... Unfortunately I don´t have the time to watch the whole (long) episode. Anyone willing to share some important news?

1. Wombat got Delta to host a visit for Wags to get sim time at the training center.

2. No F15C FF planned

3. Dynamic Campaign is being worked on

4. No E2, no P8, No Recon aircraft modules planned

5. Some DCS users/fans have sent classified info to ED to try and help further development.  ED's stance is to shut down the effort and they don't want anything to do with it.

6. ED will not be attempting to develop 5th gen or any current frontline assets as they can't confirm systems operation

7.  Roughly 170-180 people working for ED worldwide.

8. The F4E is gonna be pretty cool, with new module features not seen in DSC prior.

9. The P8 flyover of the football game did not impress anyone.

10. ED is working on a DTC function for FF modules.  Gonky believes they should leave this out of a "Fun" sim title.

11. No planned flyable B17

12. No bombers planned

13. ED is still planning to make a full spherical world map.

14. C-130 is still work in progress, developer and ED are working on cargo system.

15. Chinook Logistics will come after aircraft completion, cargo system and dynamic campaign.

16. Development priorities for ED are centered on products and features that satisfy the largest DCS user demographics.

17. No Viper A, B or D planned

18. F-5E update question to WAGS reveals that there are secret plans for an F-5E update in the future and WAGS can't talk about it.

19.  VULCAN API is a huge project and it's in the works. 2024 and beyond.

20. ED is currently working on WWII assets and more specifically for the Marianas map.  Naval assets mentioned for WWII Naval Aviation.

-----I might of missed a few points, but interesting listening.  Had to walk away halfway through video..  -----

21. Lots of talk about Aliens.  Mostly doubt that the congressional hearing had any legitimate substance.  WAGS feels we will find out soon enough that there is financial gain somewhere.

22. Why no F-18D?  WAGS, says resources are elsewhere and now is not the right time to start the "D" when the "C" isn't finished.

23. User request for a kneeboard you can write on and is available in F10 mission planner.  WAGS agrees it is a good idea.

24. User asks, why is the bomb frag damage so small?  WAGS says they are actively working on a higher fidelity fragmentation bubble.

25. Wombat brought Gonky to an A-320 sim and Gonky kicked too much right rudder and freaked the sim out.  More picking on Gonky.

26. User asks if current Maps will be merged into the Spherical map project.  WAGS answered no, that the technology is the limiting factor.

27. User asks about small diameter bombs. WAGS answered if the aircraft would carry SDB's, then it's an option for the future if they can get the documentation to back it up.

28. No planned Japanese aircraft modules or assets for WWII period.

29. Talk about "Mass Effect", "Cyberpunk" and "StarField"

30. Another request for an F-35.  WAGS, says absolutely not as there is no legitimate info available.

31. User asks about a Vairo Aero fix and WAGS says they don't have the headset and the company can't afford to buy every piece of hardware.

32. Somebody wants a "TurboCat" Module.  Nobody knew what it was.

33. Question about the "AI Texture Controversy"..  WAGS doesn't know what they are talking about..

34. There are some "Century Series" fighters in the development pipeline.

Had to walk away again..  with about 50 minutes left..

Edited by Buzz313th
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 27
  • Rig Specs: Win11, 12900k@3.9-5.2, RTX4080, 64G DDR5@4800, Quest3@4800x2600 (Oculus Link Cable On Link, no VR tweaks)
  • DCS World: MT 2.9 with CPU Core #8 Disabled
  • Module Proficiency: F-15C, A-10CII, F-16C,
  • Modules Owned NOT Proficient: The rest of FC3, F-18C
  • Terrain Owned: NTTR, DCS World Included Maps

Thank you so much for your time to share this info with the community, very much appreciated!

• Like 3

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

1 hour ago, Buzz313th said:

1. Wombat got Delta to host a visit for Wags to get sim time at the training center.

2. No F15C FF planned

3. Dynamic Campaign is being worked on

4. No E2, no P8, No Recon aircraft modules planned

5. Some DCS users/fans have sent classified info to ED to try and help further development.  ED's stance is to shut down the effort and they don't want anything to do with it.

6. ED will not be attempting to develop 5th gen or any current frontline assets as they can't confirm systems operation

7.  Roughly 170-180 people working for ED worldwide.

8. The F4E is gonna be pretty cool, with new module features not seen in DSC prior.

9. The P8 flyover of the football game did not impress anyone.

10. ED is working on a DTC function for FF modules.  Gonky believes they should leave this out of a "Fun" sim title.

11. No planned flyable B17

12. No bombers planned

13. ED is still planning to make a full spherical world map.

14. C-130 is still work in progress, developer and ED are working on cargo system.

15. Chinook Logistics will come after aircraft completion, cargo system and dynamic campaign.

16. Development priorities for ED are centered on products and features that satisfy the largest DCS user demographics.

17. No Viper A, B or D planned

18. F-5E update question to WAGS reveals that there are secret plans for an F-5E update in the future and WAGS can't talk about it.

19.  VULCAN API is a huge project and it's in the works. 2024 and beyond.

I might of missed a few points, but interesting listening.  Had to walk away halfway through video..  

Quote them on the Unoficial Roadmap... thaks by the help Buzz313th 🙂

• Like 2

Something new, more NO than Subject to change ;). Btw. I hope I will see paratroopers for C-130 and Chinook.

• Like 3

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

really dont understand the point " no bombers planned" assuming a Global theatre is in mind  but, at least lets hope  FULL  aeronaval scope will be covered, and by the way, controllable ships implementation would be amazing

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

Never heard of this, what is that please?

People using the paddle to override the G/aoa limit built into the hornet FBW to try and gain an advantage, when that would warp the wings and/or writeoff the airframe IRL.

You're supposed to use it only if absolutely necessary (eg screaming down towards mother earth unexpectedly)

• Like 3

• ED Team

With any aircraft we consider developing we have to think about return of investment and for some airframes it would be difficult to meet that return.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

20. ED is currently working on WWII assets and more specifically for the Marianas map.  Naval assets mentioned for WWII Naval Aviation.

28. No planned Japanese aircraft modules or assets for WWII period.

Mmmmmh, this is confusing. What's the point of working in a Marianas WWII map without anything Japanese? I understand no playable modules, but no assets whatsoever?. Is this map intended just for training and sightseeing?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

14 часов назад, Buzz313th сказал:

26. User asks if current Maps will be merged into the Spherical map project.  WAGS answered no, that the technology is the limiting factor.

What is the goal of Sherical map project?

Would current maps be reworked to comply with Spherical map?

• Like 2

=WRAG=345

R7 5800X @ 4,8 GHz; DDR4 32Gb RAM (+32Gb swap); Radeon RX 6800 16Gb; 3840x2160; Win10-64

Technically the F-100 and F-104 are announced Century Series aircraft? Not sure why he was cagey about that?

Also, the G.91 and Tornado are both planned to have recon capability (even if ED isn't providing it, third parties appear to be working on it anyway). Honestly, peacetime recon can be boring, but if anyone has read about wartime flying 'alone, unarmed, and unafraid'... there is a lot of drama to recon (and trying to get pictures in spite of weather etc.) I'm not sure why people don't find it exciting.

P.S. I do hope that the fragmentation model improvements extend to rockets... and we get a few more warhead types... especially for the Cold War era Soviet designs that rely upon them.

• Like 2

• ED Team
8 minutes ago, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

"Why no F-18D?  WAGS, says resources are elsewhere and now is not the right time to start the "D" when the "C" isn't finished"

?? Products are still unfinised and yet they are constatly starting new ones🤷‍♂️

read it again, he said its not the right time to start when the c isnt finished. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2