DCS Update discussion February 2024

BIGNEWY

BIGNEWY I have reviewed the change log, but can you clarify if this update includes the OB and Stable merge that was discussed previously in ED newsletters?

• Like 3

PC specs:

Intel Core i7-13700K [Raptor Lake 3.4GHz Sixteen-Core LGA 1700] (stock clock)/64.0 GB RAM/RTX 3080 GPU (stock clock)/Windows 10 Home/SSD Drives/T.Flight HOTAS X/HP Reverb G2

To be sure - we will have still SIGLE and MT, different folders and exe?

Edit: ok, I see BIN and BIN-MT folder, so both exe.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

No damage model fixed on the SU25a? Oh well I tried. 

The A10A cockpit looks amazing!!

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Mr conspir1964 said BIGNEWY I looked at the changelog, but can you clarify if this update includes the OB and Stable merge mentioned previously in the newsletters

yes because I said above that I had updated the stable version and the other OB if it was not the unified version we could only update the OB

• Like 1

• ED Team
22 minutes ago, plott1964 said:

BIGNEWY I have reviewed the change log, but can you clarify if this update includes the OB and Stable merge that was discussed previously in ED newsletters?

this is the unified version, no matter what version you are on now it will update to the same version. 

just update as usual.

thanks

17 minutes ago, YoYo said:

To be sure - we will have still SIGLE and MT, different folders and exe?

Edit: ok, I see BIN and BIN-MT folder, so both exe.

we still have ST and MT bin folders that has not changed yet, you still get the option 

eventually we will be MT only but not yet

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

this is the unified version, no matter what version you are on now it will update to the same version. 

just update as usual.

thanks

Do we remake our desktop shortcuts ? 

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Getting a curl error after downloading patching process crashed.  Third time looks like the patch completed successfully with same error but showing new version.

00531.129 ERROR: Got Curl error (6): Couldn't resolve host name
00532.592 STATUS: Curl error (6): Couldn't resolve host name
00560.345 === Log closed.

All good now!

Edited by unltd

Ryzen 5950x PBO | MSI RTX 3090 | 32gb 3600 RAM | 2 x SSD | Quest 3 | TM Warthog

"Link" not doing anything in AH-64, and ground crew emits smoke when hit..

Untitled-1.jpg

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

• ED Team
1 minute ago, macedk said:

Do we remake our desktop shortcuts ? 

no you can continue as normal

Just now, Moxica said:

"Link" not doing anything in AH-64, and ground crew emits smoke when hit..

Untitled-1.jpg

if you have a bug report please do it in the bugs section with a track replay, this isnt the place to do it. 

thank you 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I've carefully read the changelog. WOW, a wonderful patch!!! Thanks to ALL of you (ED and 3rd party Partners) for this challenging work.

Now, sorry for this short off topic, although still related to this patch. I've to download about 53 GB of files and I think that, in my case, many of them concern the Syria update. My internet connection is quite slow. Can I temporarily disable the Syria terrain, without deleting it, and resume its update later? So I can quickly download files and updates of my planes and try them immediately. Thanks for attention.

• Like 2

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, joker62 said:

I've carefully read the changelog. WOW, a wonderful patch!!! Thanks to ALL of you (ED and 3rd party Partners) for this challenging work.

Now, sorry for this short off topic, although still related to this patch. I've to download about 53 GB of files and I think that, in my case, many of them concern the Syria update. My internet connection is quite slow. Can I temporarily disable the Syria terrain, without deleting it, and resume its update later? So I can quickly download files and updates of my planes and try them immediately. Thanks for attention.

you can stop the update at any time, it will continue where it last was after checking files. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, the party is warming up - Thanks ED! 
I don't know what to check first, think I'll examaine the F-15C 🥰

image.png

• Like 2

DCS MT😍, all maps except channel, FC3, F-16C Viper, F-15E, F/A-18C, AH-64D, F-5E, F-4E, P-51D, Spitfire, Fw-190D, MiG-21bis, L-39, AJS-37
Supercarrier, WWII-AP, CA, TrackIR5, F/A-18-Stick + Thrustmaster 16000, Stream Deck 8x4, 2x MFD Cougar
Ryzen9 5950X SMT off, 64GB RAM, RTX 4070 SUPER TI, UWQHD 3440x1440, Win11+DCS from separate M.2

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

Help with Steam addition please.  My multithreading exe seems to be gone.  Yes, I did a validate.  How do I set the launch options now?  No beta updates?  MT Preview?

MT Preview can still be used, MT has not changed this update regarding how it is used, if you are having issues PM me 

thanks

• Like 2

This is probably a FAQ but maybe bears repeating here in light of the harmonized installs.

What is the recommended way of DELETING another install since a lot of us might have had a STABLE and BETA install and now there is no need.

I updated to my previous Open Beta folder, but  have an OLD Stable Install that I haven't updated in quite a long time but I could never bring myself to delete it.  The time has come!!!

• Like 1

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Recluse said:

This is probably a FAQ but maybe bears repeating here in light of the harmonized installs.

What is the recommended way of DELETING another install since a lot of us might have had a STABLE and BETA install and now there is no need.

I updated to my previous Open Beta folder, but  have an OLD Stable Install that I haven't updated in quite a long time but I could never bring myself to delete it.  The time has come!!!

if you are deleting many installs keep the stable version, it will be the go to version for all in the future. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

if you are deleting many installs keep the stable version, it will be the go to version for all in the future. 

Well considering I just updated my beta branch, that ship has sailed, but I now consider that one the Stable Version 🙂  The "Stable" version is so out of date the update would have taken twice as long.

• Like 3