CH-47F Pre-purchase

• ED Team
Just now, hazzer said:

And due to this I will not be preordering. I have been bitten one too many times from ED early access. 

Will the Chinnok release with LODs as multiple previous aircraft have not? 

I couldn't help but notice there was no clip showing crew loading into the aircraft, same with the vehicle. That should be implemented along with bringing that to all the other applicable helicopters in the sim. 

I look forward to purchasing, when the dust has settled and it's clear what exaclty is being sold. 

As soon as we can give you the full early access features we will. 

thank you 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

45 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Nice to have a delivery date for this helo, but I will wait a while yet before purchasing, until the Razbam issue has been resolved, as it has hit me pretty hard since I own all of Raz modules, particularly dear to me was the South Atlantic Map. 😐

I agree. Not going to buy it. In the past, like ten years ago, I would buy it in order to "support this small developer who makes this very niche product for my entertainment".

But not now, I've already have lots of unfinished modules, that quite frankly, I need to learn how to fly and fight on them. And although the Razbam debacle is not directly related to this, it sure left a bad taste in the mouth. 

I wish for those buying much success. I believe it'll be a great module and lots of fun. 

As for me, I'll pass for now. I'll be on the outside observing how the release and updates go, and once I decide it is mature enough, I'll end up getting it on a sale down in the future. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Graphics said:

With the capability to cover extensive distances swiftly, the CH-47F can be outfitted with extended range fuel tanks and is compatible with air-to-air refuelling, thus extending its operational range further than ever before. This capability underscores the aircraft’s adaptability and endurance, making it a formidable asset in any fleet.

We can do A2A refuelling with the hook?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hannibal said:
  • Crew Capacity and Configuration:
    • Typically operated by a crew of three (two pilots and a flight engineer), the CH-47F can also carry up to 3 gunners

I wonder if it will be 3 multicrew slots....!

inquiring minds want to know!! 

11 minutes ago, Peterik said:

We can do A2A refuelling with the hook?

I think both of you need to re-read the part about the feature set; and ignoring the copy-paste from Wikipedia.

It's a safe assumption none of that is coming until listed as a feature.

Which right now only includes a 3D model, a flight model, and a clickable + VR capable cockpit.

• Like 1

I can fly the shi-hook in Kola.  At least they got the 'hook' part right 
As for Raz I also have all their stuff but that's completely unrelated on planet me.
Same!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, XCNuse said:

I think both of you need to re-read the part about the feature set; and ignoring the copy-paste from Wikipedia.

Which right now only includes a 3D model, a flight model, and a clickable + VR capable cockpit.

• Full set of features will be announced prior to early access release

STILL EARLY! we have time to know details...

• Like 4

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

I am super enthusiastic about the CH-47. Easy Top 3 of any of the upcoming modules. But I need some feel-good from the powers that be first.
No worries! We're two months out! I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

• Like 2

Bought! Now I will be able to fly 2 of my all time favorite heli's.

Learning all this stuff to fly them at 70 years of age is challenging at times lol. Short term memory works good, but after a few days..... ?

• Like 6

Aside from limited "defensive" capabilities the Chinook effectively removes the "C" from DCS.  If I just want to experience the flight characteristics there in another flight sim that has more varied terrain and aircraft.  Trainers and trash-haulers just don't do it for me in DCS.

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

Aside from limited "defensive" capabilities the Chinook effectively removes the "C" from DCS.  If I just want to experience the flight characteristics there in another flight sim that has more varied terrain and aircraft.  Trainers and trash-haulers just don't do it for me in DCS.
You must be fun at parties! Sorry, but you deserved that. Haven't you read all the threads about users wanting to fly tankers and cargos? They're still part of the C you know.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, XCNuse said:

Because of that i tryied to get a statement from BIGNEWY.

9 minutes ago, Tshark said:

Aside from limited "defensive" capabilities the Chinook effectively removes the "C" from DCS. 

What? How? All the pew-pew-planes stay. You can even shoot down CHs if you want too.

9 minutes ago, Tshark said:

If I just want to experience the flight characteristics there in another flight sim that has more varied terrain and aircraft. 

You mean the one with the <profanity>ty FMs, where all aircraft feel the same… No, thanks.

12 minutes ago, Tshark said:

Trainers and trash-haulers just don't do it for me in DCS.

Stay with the fighters then. Nobody forces you.

• Like 5

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

52 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

You must be fun at parties! Sorry, but you deserved that. Haven't you read all the threads about users wanting to fly tankers and cargos? They're still part of the C you know. emoji4.png

Tankers and cargo...now THERE is the reason to have AI.  Each their own.  For me it is high fidelity "combat" that sets DCS apart.  Not berating others preferences.  I just think ED is straying from a great formula.  I enjoy an occasional cargo run in the Huey, but would not have bought the module if it did not have a gunship loadout available. 

Edited by Tshark
  • Like 1

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

55 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Pre-order on steam is not possible at this time. If they do allow it we will let you all know. 

thank you

Steam allows pre order and always have. The  Apache, Hind, Mossie are all recent modules that have been in pre order on steam from DCS

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• ED Team
Just now, Gunfreak said:

Steam allows pre order and always have. The  Apache, Hind, Mossie are all recent modules that have been in pre order on steam from DCS

As mentioned we have to comply with steams preorder rules, at this time it is not possible. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

As mentioned we have to comply with steams preorder rules, at this time it is not possible. 

What exactly are those rules? And why didn't they apply to the Apache or Mossie?

23 minutes ago, Tshark said:

As far as I know that other flight sim. Won't let you land troops on the roof of a building while machine gun fire and RPGs come towards you.

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

What exactly are those rules? And why didn't they apply to the Apache or Mossie?

pre-order on steam is not possible at this time, the team have tried, if that changes we will let you all know. 

thank you 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tshark said:

effectively removes the "C" from DCS

Well, one can argue there is no “C” without the back-end: support, CSAR, transport of ammo and other logistics, …

There are a lot of people including myself who are VERY interested in more support-related tasks, and in the end it should integrate well with the upcoming dynamic campaign as well.

For short: more action-oriented people should be happy there are others who take care of logistics, and the people who enjoy logistics can be happy they don’t have to be constantly in the thick of the action 😊

Win-win!

• Like 10
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

39 minutes ago, Tshark said:

There is no combat without logistical support, SAR, etc.

• Like 6

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Been looking forward to this. Time to knuckle down and start building some logistics missions.

Bought for £39.44 and will give many many hours of fun (and frustration no doubt in trying to get that tail balanced on a hillside!)

Noticed a new walking soldier model as well 🙂

null

image.png

Edited by DD_Friar
  • Like 3

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

9 minutes ago, DD_Friar said:

Been looking forward to this. Time to knuckle down and start building some logistics missions.

Bought for £39.44 and will give many many hours of fun (and frustration no doubt in trying to get that tail balanced on a hillside!)

Noticed a new walking soldier model as well 🙂

null

image.png

Other details:

• Thanks 1

So 26.06 - CH-47F plus Afghanistan map, be sure 😁. Good connection.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro