CH-47F Pre-purchase

Purchased, I am too concerned about the Razbam side of things - just for what it means for this community.

With that out of the way - the Spec Ops aspect sounds interesting… I am curious @BIGNEWY when we can expect to see just what that means… will we be inserting/extracting SOF forces behind enemy lines?  Does that entail a rework of ground forces at all?  Will some element of this be implemented on release day?  This opens a whole new, exciting dynamic in DCS that I am absolutely looking forward to!

• Like 1

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Will not be pre-ordering anything from ED until work on DCS: F-15E is resumed AND an official timeline on development and release date is published or I'm issued a full refund for that abandoned module. 

Extremely disappointed and unsatisfied with the state of things right now.

• Like 11

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I don't think of it as I'm buying this module or that module, I'm investing in DCS. The more revenue the more software Engineers and so on. As a business they have to pony up front all the costs for dev work so pre buy is sort of a bridge loan for them. 

• Like 2

I've been buying and flying ED products since Flanker 1.0 came out. I've organized LAN meets in the past. Anytime a new module entered the pre-sale it was an instant buy.

Having pre-purchased the full Afghanistan map, I've had buyer's remorse for the first time.

No matter how cool the Chinook is, no more purchases for me until the Razbam situation is resolved with continued support for those modules, and my trust in ED is restored.

• Like 9

The Chinook is one of most iconic helicopters ever built!!!! It‘s beautiful having it soon in the DCS hangar.

purchased……

• Like 3

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) - Kola — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

2 hours ago, hazzer said:

I couldn't help but notice there was no clip showing crew loading into the aircraft, same with the vehicle.

Yes, this is kind of a must for me before purchase.  I'll have faith that it will get implemented eventually.

25 minutes ago, DD_Friar said:

Been looking forward to this. Time to knuckle down and start building some logistics missions.

Bought for £39.44 and will give many many hours of fun (and frustration no doubt in trying to get that tail balanced on a hillside!)

Noticed a new walking soldier model as well 🙂

null

image.png

I love helo ops, so I probably end up buying the Hook anyways, but it is current state of ground units and lack of an interactive logistics system that hold me back at the moment.

Moving static cargo (troops/mortar units) around is fun for a short while, but if that cargo can actually join in a battle after I've dropped them, now that would add endless fun to the endeavor.

This screenshot, showing new infantry units, get my hopes up!

• Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

16 minutes ago, thermalguy said:

What would be nice is if they had an option for a subscription base where you pay a monthly fee and get total access to all modules and maps.

That wouldn't fix the issue. The issue is that early access is a good faith transaction that eventually the modules will be completed. However the devs can evidently just quit at any point leaving the module in an unfinished state. 

If modules can be abandoned in the early access period then we can't do business. I need a guarantee that what I paid for will be delivered now. At this point my trust in them has been completely eroded. I can stand delays, I can't stand having my money stolen. 

• Like 9

Well, one can argue there is no “C” without the back-end: support, CSAR, transport of ammo and other logistics, …
There are a lot of people including myself who are VERY interested in more support-related tasks, and in the end it should integrate well with the upcoming dynamic campaign as well.

For short: more action-oriented people should be happy there are others who take care of logistics, and the people who enjoy logistics can be happy they don’t have to be constantly in the thick of the action
Win-win!
Exactly!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Wizard_03 said:

However the devs can evidently just quit at any point leaving the module in an unfinished state. 

This never occurred to you?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cab said:

This never occurred to you?

That ED can just take your money and bail? no honestly It didn't, in most countries that kind of behavior is considered criminal. 

• Like 3

purchased, looking forward to flying this one.

i dont care about the razbam situation. thats between ED and Raz, and has no bearing on my purchase choices

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

eyeballing it, cool chopper!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

No worries! We're two months out! I'm sure you'll be satisfied. emoji1303.png

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

I certainly hope so. I am optimistic and enthusiastic. I am looking forward to whoopin' around in the Chinook for the sheer fun of flying. It's gonna be great.

But someone somewhere has got to throw me some good news first. They have their price, I have mine.

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

13 minutes ago, Wizard_03 said:

That ED can just take your money and bail? no honestly It didn't, in most countries that kind of behavior is considered criminal. 

That doesn't address what I referenced. You specifically implied your surprise that people are allowed to just up and quit their jobs.

But in any case, that hasn't happened (as in taking your money and bailing). I really don't want to come off as lecturing, but you and others are seriously overreacting at this point.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Wizard_03 said:

the devs can evidently just quit at any point leaving the module in an unfinished state.

This was always the case.  Always, since the beginning, regardless of anything the companies involved say.  This is why you should only buy modules if you are happy with their current state, and you should not buy them if you will only be happy if they eventually end up in some imagined future state, because it is always a possibility that that might not happen.  I have personally been happy with every module I've purchased, because I buy them based on the features they have at the time they are released, and I manage my expectations so that I will not feel completely doomed and betrayed if they never get more patches.  I expect to be quite happy with the CH-47 as well, and I'm looking forward to flying it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Do me an analogue/steam gauge Chinook and I'll buy it. No interest in glass cockpit - such a shame as I worked with these for years in the '80's and would love to have a D model. Also did several assaults off the back of them - awesome experience.

• Like 4

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

As soon as we can give you the full early access features we will. 
thank you 
Until that's listed I'm not buying it in EA, honestly this should be front and centre now, how can you expect people to buy it not knowing what they're going to get.

Sent from my CPH2333 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Wizard_03 said:

That wouldn't fix the issue. The issue is that early access is a good faith transaction that eventually the modules will be completed. However the devs can evidently just quit at any point leaving the module in an unfinished state. 

If modules can be abandoned in the early access period then we can't do business. I need a guarantee that what I paid for will be delivered now. At this point my trust in them has been completely eroded. I can stand delays, I can't stand having my money stolen. 

If you were a dev would you be more likely to abandon a module if (a) there was an ongoing stream of revenue from people who use the module to support further development, or (b) the only way to get new revenue was to work on something else? A subscription model (as in option a) might not be a complete solution, but it probably would help enormously. Money talks.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

37 minutes ago, sthompson said:

If you were a dev would you be more likely to abandon a module if (a) there was an ongoing stream of revenue from people who use the module to support further development, or (b) the only way to get new revenue was to work on something else? A subscription model (as in option a) might not be a complete solution, but it probably would help enormously. Money talks.

If I were a dev I wouldn't charge people money on a project Im not committed to completing. And if I had to quit work for whatever reason, I would absolutely feel obligated to refund anyone who has paid. I would consider my store front description a contract that I have agreed to fulfill. 

Those are just normal business practices. Can you imagine if this was the service industry? 

Edited by Wizard_03
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, SlipHavoc said:

This was always the case.  Always, since the beginning, regardless of anything the companies involved say.  This is why you should only buy modules if you are happy with their current state, and you should not buy them if you will only be happy if they eventually end up in some imagined future state, because it is always a possibility that that might not happen.  I have personally been happy with every module I've purchased, because I buy them based on the features they have at the time they are released, and I manage my expectations so that I will not feel completely doomed and betrayed if they never get more patches.  I expect to be quite happy with the CH-47 as well, and I'm looking forward to flying it.

The EULA doesn't state that or even imply that. And even if it did, that's not necessarily legal. 

"Everything subject to change" I'm pretty sure doesn't mean that you can take people's money and walk away. If it does then I say "Everything is subject to litigation"

Edited by Wizard_03
  • Like 4