RAZBAM Situation Post Archive (will be deleted)

Rhinozherous

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

you will need to wait 7 to 10 working days. If you hear nothing in that time please reply to the same ticket politely. The team are working very hard currently. 

if you do not have a ticket number please check your spam inbox

thanks

What if you don't want a store credit but would rather have your money credited back to original method of payment?  Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

1 hour ago, too-cool said:

What if you don't want a store credit but would rather have your money credited back to original method of payment?  Thanks TC

your're hooped, no money being refunded

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

17 minutes ago, Pipe said:

your're hooped, no money being refunded

WHY not, I paid money? Thanks TC

Edited by too-cool
corrected

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

15 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

DCS World EULA

Don't want to spoil the party but at least for EU consumers there are slightly different rules in place and those are also harmonized with Switzerland to my knowledge:

https://commission.europa.eu/business-economy-euro/doing-business-eu/contract-rules/digital-contracts/digital-contract-rules_en#purchasingdigitalcontent

• Like 2

Primary for DCS and other flightsims: i9 12900K@default OC on MSI Z790 Tomahawk (MS-7D91) | 64 GB DDR5-5600 | Asus TUF RTX3090 Gaming OC | 1x 38"@3840x1600 | 1x 27"@2560x1440 | Windows10Pro64

Spoiler

Secondary: i7 11700k@5.1GHz on MSI Z590 Gaming Force MB| 64 GB DDR4-3200 | PowerColor RX6900XTU Red Devil | 1x 32"@2560*1440 + 1x24"@1980*1200 | Windows10Pro64

Backup: i7 6700K@4.8GHz | 64 GB DDR4-2400 | PowerColor RX5700XT Red Devil | SSD-500/1000GB | 1x49" 32:9 Asus X49VQ 3840x1080 | Windows10Pro64

Flightsim Input Devices: VPC: ACE2 Rudder / WarBRD Base / T-50CM2 Base with 50mm ext. / Alpha-R, Mongoos T-50CM, WarBRD and VFX Grip / T-50CM3 Throttle | VPC Sharka-50 + #2 Controle Panel | TM Cougar MFD-Frames| Rift S - Secondary: TM HOTAS WARTHOG/Cougar Throttle+Stick, F-18-Grip | TM TPR Rudder | DelanClip/PS3-CAM IR-Tracker

33 minutes ago, Mac D said:

Please don't jinx it....

too late

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+/ AH64D grip/custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 + Odyssey Ark | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro
 My wallpaper and skins

On today's episode of "Did You Know", the Peregrine Falcon can pull 25G's after delivering The Falcon Punch.

On 6/15/2024 at 3:52 PM, bal2o said:

thanks for the information, but again, "soon" = ?

2 hours ago, too-cool said:

Maybe a charge back on your CC. Just kidding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac D said:

Please don't jinx it....

There is nothing in the world that could possibly derail the Chinook release. There, fixed it 🙂 

• Like 2

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

ed accusing rb of ip misappropriation and resolving it behind the scene is one thing , not paying rb at least a nominal maintenance fee for upkeep of existing modules--on this ever evolving platform--is same as going nuclear on rb.  

there's nothing to indicate ed actually suffered tangible damages from the alleged ip misappropriation and so what could've been quietly resolved without harming the dcs brand is now a pr disaster. essentially cutting your nose off to spite your face. 

this also raises questions about how ed is dealing with other 3rd party devs: who's going next?

sad state of affairs all around.  ed, fix it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win10 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR

2 hours ago, schmiefel said:

Don't want to spoil the party but at least for EU consumers there are slightly different rules in place and those are also harmonized with Switzerland to my knowledge:

https://commission.europa.eu/business-economy-euro/doing-business-eu/contract-rules/digital-contracts/digital-contract-rules_en#purchasingdigitalcontent

It's still an EA module working as well as any EA module will. The refunds are being offered voluntarily, as such the vendor can set whatever terms they want. That may change later, pending the outcome of the legal issues between ED and Razbam.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Both ED and RAZBAM lose money from this. They both hurt when DCS users get refunds. Sounds like some Machiavellian <profanity> going down 😛 would be more fun to watch if we knew what was actually happening.

But there is a really high chance they'll sort it out since there is so much money on the table.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Theodore42 said:

Both ED and RAZBAM lose money from this. They both hurt when DCS users get refunds. Sounds like some Machiavellian <profanity> going down 😛 would be more fun to watch if we knew what was actually happening.

But there is a really high chance they'll sort it out since there is so much money on the table.

ED is not losing money for refunds since they don't refund the money but store credit. They just have money paid beforehand so ED has a lot of credit now.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ignition said:

ED is not losing money for refunds since they don't refund the money but store credit. They just have money paid beforehand so ED has a lot of credit now.

But that means they won’t make money on future sales where folks will use the credit - so I’d bet they are not thrilled with the financial implications of all of these credits!

• Like 2

Just now, wadman said:

But that means they won’t make money on future sales where folks will use the credit - so I’d bet they are not thrilled with the financial implications of all of these credits!

Yes, but ED doesn't lose money, they may earn less but they have the money beforehand plus the money from Razbam, so...

Also if ED is doing this is because the balance goes this way for them and surpasses their loses.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ignition said:

Yes, but ED doesn't lose money, they may earn less but they have the money beforehand plus the money from Razbam, so...

Also if ED is doing this is because the balance goes this way for them and surpasses their loses.

You don't know what you're talking about

• Like 1

• ED Team

I asked for the nonsense theories to stop, they haven't so nonsense hidden. Once you guys get done at your law school, post your credentials here but keep on saving the unrelated theories based on watching Law & Order, they are the furthest thing from helpful.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

hello everyone, a question for ED, about what we already have from f-15e, you will continue to support what exists as problems arise, such as radar, i ask more than anything because i remember the aesthetic problem of the shaking head of the pilot in external view, and the other within their expectation when they believe that there will already be a judicial resolution to the subject. thank you

Edited by fghidalg

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fghidalg said:

hello everyone, a question for ED, about what we already have from f-15e, you will continue to support what exists as problems arise, such as radar, i ask more than anything because i remember the aesthetic problem of the shaking head of the pilot in external view, and the other within their expectation when they believe that there will already be a judicial resolution to the subject. thank you

The shaking head also happens in the AH-64D.

There's no official announcement yet. Only the CM said all the previous modules from Razbam will be OK but that's not an official announcement until ED says it. Also we don't know whats the reach of an "OK" means.

After 3 months we don't know what will happen with the modules in the worst case scenario. And this situation could go on for a very long time, I hope only for good news at the end.

I was waiting for the F-15E for so many years and now that we got it this happens.

Edited by Ignition

Posted (edited)

The truth is that this situation with razbam, I low the enthusiasm with DCS, but even that we expect so much the Strike Eagle, I am disappointed not to know anything and I do not know the truth until when I will wait, but on the other hand although the f4, the kiowa and future maps look spectacular, i don't feel like having them; hopefully DCS already from a final cut to the independent issue of the judicial or finally try to reach an agreement, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this, but if this continues for a longer time, there will not only be a dying module but also a passion.

Forgive my opinion if it is very negative, but I had to say it, and it is serious ED, the lawyers are doing their job and if they want they would take a lifetime to reach a solution, in the end they will happily collect their money; But here you and more of us who are passionate about and dream of military flight are the ones who are left aside.

Not knowing how this case really follows, and believing that both ED and Razbam are sad about this, what can be felt in the statements of both sides, here and in discord, by all those speculations; hopefully and we need ED and Razbam to come to an agreement, for us we feel the passion for their work.

I'm sorry but I had to vent, greetings

Edited by fghidalg

9 hours ago, NineLine said:

I asked for the nonsense theories to stop, they haven't so nonsense hidden. Once you guys get done at your law school, post your credentials here but keep on saving the unrelated theories based on watching Law & Order, they are the furthest thing from helpful.

Next time I'm tempted to use ChatGPT or a LLM to do up a legal document for me, I'm going to remember this thread, and that it has learned from content on the internet just like this thread.... (and then I'll probably go find a solicitor) 😏

• Like 2

• ED Team
6 hours ago, fghidalg said:

Our goal remains to work things out with RAZBAM, this has to be the focus right now, that doesn't mean we are not looking at all scenarios that might happen.

For example we know what causes issues with updates and modules, we will make sure to make adjustments to our updates to not break the older modules if they remain unsupported. This is why we are not offering refunds on the older modules. One way or another we plan for those to remain working into the future.

The F-15E, and specifically the radar, was not an issue within our control in that it was not an update that caused the issue. It was something coded into the radar to end at a certain time, most of you have seen the comments from the dev responsible for this. This also will be fixed, one way or another, but due to the complexity of the current issues proper steps need to be carefully taken.

Because the F-15E is EA and far from complete, we offered a store credit, which is not our normal refund policy but due to the large demand for something like this we decided this was the right move right now. We still ask people to hang on and hope for the best for the F-15E. We still hope this will work out and RB will continue to develop the best F-15E in any sim anywhere.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Thanks @NineLine, wouldn't have your job for quids!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, 55" Samsung Odyssey Ark, Trackir