Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the AH-64 turns into a fighter most probably.:dunno:

I knew I read somewhere that the AH-64 was after the A-10. But mind you that post is over 3 years old so things have changed.

What ever they decide I'm happy with, but I can only hope it is the AH-64. If not the next model, because there would be an uproar by the fighter jocks, the one after that. That would be cool. :prop:

Edited by Allo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.6 GHz // Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO // GFX - ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB // RAM - Patriot-Viper II 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3-1600 // Audio - Creative X-FI Platinum // OS - Windows 7 Home x64 Bit

CH Fighterstick // CH Pro Pedals // CH Pro Throttle // TrackIR 4 // Eyefinity 20"x3 Portrait :joystick:

Well, the best I could think of is the option of true multiplayer-gaming: 2 ord more aircrafts with 2pilot cockpits. We did this back in the years of good old Longbow - why do the developers do not think into this direction? It is a completely new feeling sharing a machine with two players and doing coordinated operations...think about it. Apache would be the ideal machine for it.

Well, the best I could think of is the option of true multiplayer-gaming: 2 ord more aircrafts with 2pilot cockpits. We did this back in the years of good old Longbow - why do the developers do not think into this direction? It is a completely new feeling sharing a machine with two players and doing coordinated operations...think about it. Apache would be the ideal machine for it.

Most simmers are not considering playing MP, AFAIK.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

In a tighter turn compared to not using thrust vectoring.

So what does it do? I don't think that 10°-20° of thrust angle cuts the whole speed. But it reduces the AoA. So it may be twice or 3 times if done right. It may be enough to get you into a good position, but it also might be your doom, just like any other maneouver.

The Harrier is not made for dogfighting anyway. A skilled pilot in any dedicated fighter will know how to BnZ it anyway. But it has its capabilities to defend itself, more than other planes like A-10, Su-25 and such.

OK, the F-16's definately better in a plain A-A configuration. But it's a whole different kind of plane anyway. Shouldn't compare these :D

We will: http://www.thunder-works.com/news.htm

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=39766 (link not working ATM, dunno why)

They announced a release date for the first out of 3 modules in late 2010. And that announcement is just a month old, so they've to be *very* confident to schedule such a short time till release.

But I doubt this will be DCS-grade simulation, I rather expect FC-level. Still, it's the old Harrier ;).

That pretty much sums it up quite well. I'd like the 18C a bit more, but the 16C is a decent multi-role that many countries use (more than the 18). And it's still in USAF service which gives the possibility of a military contract that grants funding, just like it's the case with the A-10C. The old Hornet is getting replaced by the E/F model which is classified. The F-16 hasn't been replaced by the F-35 yet.

+1 for the Harrier love :)

I would love to have the F-15E Streike Eagle. It is just a GREAT strike aircraft and can also do a Air to Air. And it is a real beauty

RAF_F-15E_Strike_Eagle_Iraq_2004.jpg

And of course if multicrewed, the better ;)

I couldn't agree more. possibly the best looking fighter ever, massive payload and multirole. PLEASE EAGLE DYNAMICS, make the next sim for this plane! Co-op F15 and A10 missions, oh yes.

"Eject eject eject! Say goodbye, a**hole."

"Eject eject eject! Goodbye, a**hole!" :megalol:

i7 980x, Corsair H70, Asus Rampage 3 Extreme, 6Gb Corsair Dominator GT, 2x 6990 Crossfire, OCZ Vertex II 60Gb, 2x WD Caviar Black 1Tb, X-Fi Fatal1ty PCI, G19, Roccat Kone+, HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5 + Trackclip Pro

RAF_F-15E_Strike_Eagle_Iraq_2004.jpg

:surprise:

I couldn't agree more. possibly the best looking fighter ever, massive payload and multirole. PLEASE EAGLE DYNAMICS, make the next sim for this plane! Co-op F15 and A10 missions, oh yes.

agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing with ya, soooooooooo much...that would be so much awesome.....please ED...provide us the two seater F-15 Version...please, please, please..:punk:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

DCS: Montague aww yeah!

hahaha...nice...that would be a crazy feeling while close up to an enemy tank platoon

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Apache does make more sense than everything else. I saw some really early WIP pics somewhere a while back of the cockpit and some posts that apache would come after A-10C.... but I'm just speculating too.

No matter what it is... I'm sure they won't disappoint us.. They are so eager to finish A-10C so they can start on the next one.. :smilewink:

There is a sim coming out with the apache look here

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/216/1/Longbow_Combat_Helo.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hope they make a F/A-18E Super Hornet. Would make sense too.

First a Helicopter now an Attack Aircraft and then a Fighter. And the option of carrier landings would be nice. And an Apache would have the disadvantage of being hard to play in SP because you can't comunicate so good with your WSO or pilot on the other seat when it's a (daft) AI.

Tomahawk

Voted the F-18, btw the only option out of the 4.

F-35 and F-22 are out for obvious reasons.

F-14: Nice plane but let's face it: AIM 54? .. Tom Criuse? .. Cyndie Lauper?

Also it's a 2 seater: online maybe fun but singleplayer hmm..

F-18E's also classified, it's not even an option.

In General: How to simulate 2-seaters in DCS fidelity? The only real way to do this is to make the sim for 2 players minimum, so no single player at all. ANd this is very bad for selling a desktop sim. So most probably this won't happen soon. In 5-10 years maybe. But not right after the A-10C.

Then we have lots of classified modern or still classified old stuff. Not much left then. Now comes the "military contract for trainer" thingy. With who do they have it exactly? The USAF? Fairchild Republic? Anyway, it's most likely that hte next one might also be an US plane then, and it'll be rather an USAF than USMC or USN plane.

Not to mention they don't need trainer software for planes out of service... If I'm not mistaken, the 15Cs are getting upgrades which are classified. So this one's out. F/A-18E is out, too. But the old C should be possible. But it bears the need of whole carrier ops modeling. It's not just a static or even moving carrier there to TO from and land on it. This wouldn't be DCS conform. Then we have the F-16s, quite possible IMHO. Most probably the 50/52(+). What's left? I think it's the AV-8B(+). They will be taken out of service when the F-35B is in which will still take a while. Not like the British who drop the Harrier years before getting the L II. And that's pretty much it for possible single seat US fighters/strike/multirole AC that are in service right now and not classified. I bet the F-16 would make the best sales, but I'd like the 18C as much. Doesn't matter which comes first :).

And I do want that Harrier II no matter what :D

And a MiG-27K... but I think it's not in VVS service anymore. And it's not a fighter, would need the MiG-23MLD or some other models, too :D. I'd really love to see a dedicated Flogger study sim. Such a great aircraft that hasn't been given serious attention yet. Anyway with all that classified stuff, it would be the easiest to have a what if WW3 scenario with late 70s and 80s planes or just the scenarios which these planes took part in :D

But first we need to get A-10C :).

I hope it's not going to take over half a year for the box version to be released. I don't have a credit card, so I have to wait for it ;).

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

In General: How to simulate 2-seaters in DCS fidelity? The only real way to do this is to make the sim for 2 players minimum, so no single player at all. ANd this is very bad for selling a desktop sim. So most probably this won't happen soon. In 5-10 years maybe. But not right after the A-10C.

If Apache will really be the very next Module, so we´ll see whether and if, how ED will manage this...since even the Apache (which was long announced), needs a second Player/Pilot as well.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Beg and plead all you want ... won't do any good. You'll get DCS: <fighter jet> when a military contractor wants a transition trainer for their fighter pilots.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

Beg and plead all you want ... won't do any good. You'll get DCS: <fighter jet> when a military contractor wants a transition trainer for their fighter pilots.

Also considering that there isn't any 2 seat production model like the A-10. Because if there is, there's no need for the service to make a contract. They can have the 2 seat model acting as a trainer. And thats 1 reason why you won't get to see any 2 seat version from ED anytime soon.

But you never know. The KA-50 had a very "different" contract because ED/TFC and Kamov had good relations or something similar.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Also considering that there isn't any 2 seat production model like the A-10. Because if there is, there's no need for the service to make a contract. They can have the 2 seat model acting as a trainer. And thats 1 reason why you won't get to see any 2 seat version from ED anytime soon.

Well, there's a VERY good reason why a military might want an F-16 transition trainer even though there are plenty of -Ds out there.

Expensive:

F16D-Fair90-0796-3.jpg

Cheap:

020609af_f16_simulator_800p.JPG

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

Also the Apache is already being done here and damn good it look too. Will be 2 player and 1 player with AI and seat switching possible.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

F-15E is accessable as Su-34 Fullback, so almost never will be :P

Well if Janes could made an F-15E simulation back on 1998, I do not see what would be the difficulty to make it again 12 years later.

Regarding the classified stuff, be serious. Do you think that any PC Simulator is using real actual data from systems or weapons???:lol:

All of them, including our already loved DCS A-10C have to one extend or other, lets call it "estimated data" for not calling it fake data on some sensitive systems.

You can get all the unclassified info you want from books like this

51E3v8EvsvL._SS500_.jpg

We, hobby players, do not need exact and precise duplication of systems, perfomances and weapons configurations based on military classified books.

Only the enemy need that data :P

Neither Falcon 40 F-16 reproduced 100% all systems or used classified data and was a success.

I think that as long as it is credible in our sim world, we can have a semi-simulation with some "estimated data" and still have fun.

Edited by Furia

People keep saying that in order to simulate a two seater you have to make it multiplayer only, etc. or that it's just impossible. Even if it's in Beta look at the AI JTAC interaction / integration. With some work the WSO or driver could be simulated by AI. Also just remember that because an aircraft is currently in use or is newly upgraded doesn't mean that it won't be an option for future modules. The A-10C is advanced and has the newest avionics while currently playing a vital role on the battlefield. If the users of the aircraft want a sim and approach ED I would say that anything can be simulated. Now whether it's a realistic and definitive future module is up to debate and speculation. I severely doubt that the F-22/A or JSF will be in DCS but it isn't impossible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever