diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand by my assertion that DCS should stay away from fixed wing ground attack for a while, at least until we have a variety of other fixed wings with different combat roles (air superiority, interceptor, etc).

I mean, don't get me wrong, I would love the F-105 as much as the next guy, heck, I wiould love a A-6 a little more but we already have the A-10 and (to a slightly lesser extent) the Su-25, these can hold me over until we fill out the fixed wing mission roles a bit.

A huge yes to the F-105. I must confess that despite it's somewhat pervading negative reputation, it is one of my favourite combat aircraft. I hope someday DCS will reach the early vietnam era. (As others said, I'd also be happy with an A-6 and/or F-111 too. Gotta love proper, real strike aircraft/interdictors.)

EDIT:

I don't want to pollute this thread with videos, but here's an interesting little gem, which I really enjoyed.

(the video didn't like embedding, sorry)

Edited by Buren
added yt link

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd buy an F-105D and an F-105G if they were available. :thumbup:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I'm all for anything modeled in DCS, and F-105 would bring a lot to table. That said, this particular one happens to be one of the few aircraft I am personally not too interested in. But if the package would include a wild weasel version, it sure would be interesting even for me :)

Aside from my slight uninterest though, a well populated roster of Vietnam era aircraft would be awesome, and F-105 certainly is one of the iconic actors of Vietnam.

It's just that my choices would be F-8, A-6 or even F-5 before F-105 but hey, that's just me :)

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I'm all for anything modeled in DCS, and F-105 would bring a lot to table.

Same but... i'm only interrested in aircraft when it comes in a total package. Not individual aircraft in a wrong environment. F-105 together with the aircarft of it's time and world to fly in (like Vietnam).

Example:Currently P-51? And then the Dora but then you only have P-51 vs Dora... in a modern era world... with modern SAM etc... so wrong imho. For there's FSX or X-Plane.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

@Mizzy

Defenitely YES! During the Cold War in 1966 the F-105D was present in Europe I guess at Ramstein AB. As far as I know the series was called 'Century Aircraft' which included the F-100, F-102, the F-105D etc.. The two-seaters had SEAD capability. At that time I was very impressed of that a/c – and still are!

In case you're interested, here is a link which would open your eyes:

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/full/tour-std.html

Look for the Southeast Asia War section – at the Wright-Patterson AFB Air Force Museum, Dayton OH, it's a gem for aviators.

By the way, I still use your skins of the MiG-25 back in LockOn days. The blue-dark color is now used by the RuAF...

E-3B Sentry --Don't leave without 'em--

DCS F-16?

Is there a chance to get a full version of the F-16 in DCS World? Some impresa developing?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Unfortunately, nobody wants to touch it with a stick.

It would be a dream to have an F-16 in DCS World. :cry:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

that has been asked many times, the answer is always no. idk if it is still too classified, or BMS, or just too hard to make.

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51