Thanks ED for the 1.1.0.9 patch

toby23

Thanks to all who worked on 1.1.0.9

It resolves a whole bunch of issues and I'm getting a noticeably smoother flight too.

Thanks for crunching and getting it out at the weekend.

Toby

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

great job, some new stuff... :thumbup::pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Yeah thx, but please let Speeds script work again.

If you mean the chatIOlib mod, not a snowball's chance in hell. The mod uses a feature that is actually a security vulnerability - the same functions can be used to insert virii, kill your OS install, and other fun things like that.

If you mean the secondary issue regarding the LUA print(), it has been brought up and can be kept to it's dedicated thread. Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

If you mean the chatIOlib mod, not a snowball's chance in hell. The mod uses a feature that is actually a security vulnerability - the same functions can be used to insert virii, kill your OS install, and other fun things like that.

If you mean the secondary issue regarding the LUA print(), it has been brought up and can be kept to it's dedicated thread. Thanks.

Yea, while the way chatIOlib self-installed saved the user the headache of a manual mod installation, that cannot be allowed in the future. Additionally, chatIOlib passed data from Lua environment to Lua environment via writing files on the C: drive. The problem is, not everyone out there has good intentions, and even good intentions can sometimes go wrong. While chatIOlib did nothing harmful, the potential was there for someone out there to do something REALLY malicious.

Here's a scenario that could come true if ED left the security hole open, perhaps a little far-fetched, but probably possible:

A script is embedded into some mission, and that mission is run. The script sends your dcs log in information over the internet to a remote computer. The script also embeds itself into the mission editor UI so that any mission made by that computer also includes the script. So now it's a replicating virus that spreads, stealing DCS account information. How many people 1) Look through the scripts AND

2) would recognize something malicious?

So anyway, after a week or so, the guy who made it says, Oh hey! Look! EtherealN's log-in information! Lets go ban some people I don't like!

Or: "OMG Yes! I got Wags! Let's go take the DCS site down and delete the forums! Oh look, private message from ED team, F-18C work progressing nicely!"

ALL THAT SAID, while ED did what they had to do in closing that down, what I believe to be a safe, secure, but manually-installed replacement for chatIOlib would be possible if only the print function were available... but I guess that's a subject for a different thread topic.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

a great patch !

good work !

Thank you ED !

Asus P6T | Intel i7 920 (2,67) @ 3,60 Ghz | Geforce GTX570 | Sound: Realtec onboard | 6 GB Kingston KHX 12800 DDR3 | Windows 7 Pro 64bit | SSD-HDD | TM WARTHOG # 01069

Thanks for thinking of our security.

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

i just had a ctd after pressing the weapon jettison button (5dmav/5cbu97 left).... please check .... if more of this happens we should make a bugreport :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

thankyou

Just a small thanks to all the team for their work on the 1.0.9 patch,brilliant guys :thumbup:

PS:when is 1.0.10 out? :music_whistling:

he he only joking,just thought i'd be first.:smilewink:

back to the grind trying to master this great sim.:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

awesome work guys!:thumbup: I'm very pleased and very happy with this release. I see optimizations are very smooth and I'm getting 80fps on settings high.

My cougar MFCDs are working with the lua setting was very easy this time.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Normally I do not want to post "thanks" or "+1" posts. For some, it seems as if the purpose is to get more posts in their signature.

However - ED deserves to be informed, that the latest patch works without problems. Thanks ED.

Besides... you know that I mean it, when half of the posts does not contain meaningless thanks.

Once again thaks ED ;)

Really

Muhahah

Edited by BimC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WIN 10, i7-2600K at 3.4ghz, 2x OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD RAID 0, Corsair Vengeance 16GB, Gainward GeForce GTX 590, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Track IR 5 PRO. DCS 1.5.3.52724.74 - DCS 2.0.2.52369

First +1 Thanks ED for this patch, the cockpit is a lot readable now...thumbup.gif

But..can somebody tell me why my DCS A-10C interface language has been switched to my windows 7 native language: "Spanish"?megalol.gif

Did you think it can give me troubles in the future if I leave it this way, or should I open a support ticket?:huh:

Compuer Specs

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @2.6Ghz

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

6GB Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A2000C8

2xHP 300GB 10K SAS RAID 1

Corsair AX1200

Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 3GB

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS

2xSwiftech MCP655 with EK D5 Dual Top

1xBlack Ice GT S 360 XFlow

1xPhobya Xtreme 400

Tubing:Tygon 2001 1/2"

2xBitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm

Swiftech MCres Rev1

or should I open a support ticket?:huh:

No - see the following post for a workaround/solution:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1254794&postcount=46

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

But..can somebody tell me why my DCS A-10C interface language has been switched to my windows 7 native language: "Spanish"?

That was an error with the build of the patch.

Fix:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1254948&postcount=21

Edit: The Scotsman must be on speed again. :)

• Like 1

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

there is no 1.1.0.9 patch in the download section? if i click on the link from the "official updates" thread i only see the 1.1.0.8 patch... but no 1.1.0.9 ??? where to download?

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic62339_2.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom II x4 965 | Gainward GTX 570 Phantom 1280MB | 8GB DDR3-RAM | Win7 64bit | TM Warthog | CH Pro Pedals

there is no 1.1.0.9 patch in the download section? if i click on the link from the "official updates" thread i only see the 1.1.0.8 patch... but no 1.1.0.9 ??? where to download?

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/patches/dcs-wh_patch_1.1.0.9_en/

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'