DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think so.

BUT... what are clouds doing in a terrain builder utility? :huh:

My guess is that since clouds cast shadows, you need to be able to see the effect and how they look/ change in the environment

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

I think so.

BUT... what are clouds doing in a terrain builder utility? :huh:

being able to see shadows on the terrain is kinda important to the color correction process.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Will the clouds cast shadows on edge? Great news :D

Dunno. I was theorizing. I believe they currently do in the current engine, and there have been photos of EDGE showing off dynamic shadows of mountains. I put the two together and had a theory of why have clouds in the land utility.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Nah, when they added the Mi-8 they probably tipped over the edge of 32 bit memory capacity.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Some questions (I don't know if they have been answered though... 200-pages is a lot to skim through):

1) Will EDGE aim to improve framerate and stutters over what we currently have in DCS World?

2) Will the inclusion of dedicated servers help with the lag, warping and other well-known multiplayer issues we currently have?

3) Will the EDGE engine be able to include more player-controlled aircraft than what we currently have? I'm thinking about the upcoming DCS WWII: many people (including me) expect to be flying Multiplayer with approx. 50 other players in the same server. Is that a realistic expectation or is it too soon to tell?

.....DCS WWII: many people (including me) expect to be flying Multiplayer with approx. 50 other players in the same server.

Why would you set an expectation like that when nothing has been said leading anyone to believe that this is planned?

All you're doing is setting yourself up to be disappointing because of expectations you set yourself with ED or in this case RRG Studios never stating anything of the sort.

Bananaforum il2 crowd has it's ways. Entitlement is strong. Expect way more.

Lol they might just get peeled if they attempt the same over here :bash:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I swear we use to have 40 -50 players in REDFLAG during the FC1.12 days. So, is EDGE coupled with a dedicated server, expected to fix this? Valid question in my view.

Edited by Axion
Illiteracy

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

FC1.12 prolly didnt send nearly as much data to each client as DCS World does.

Between the DCS Fidelity Modules of A-10C, P-51D, and KA-50, then add in Combined Arms and Human JTAC, then the more advanced scripts in the Mission Editors.

You get the Idea.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

then add in Combined Arms and Human JTAC

Very big deal right there, since it greatly increases the amount of "stuff" the netcode has to be prepared to handle. CA most definitely is a huge change on that department.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Whilst I appreciate the 'extras' currently take up a lot of the netcode bandwidth, why was this still an issue in FC2? Admittedly, the Ka-50 compatibility was introduced back then but..

Anyway, just looking forward to large MP battles from that bygone era. Can only dream. ;)

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64