DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

"This Content is Currently Unavailable."

https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/photos_albums

That link works for me SD.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice update.

Specifically for the thread, I'm pretty sure that the rig needed to run EDGE at its full potential all maxed out in Full HD has not yet been invented...

And that's not a problem for me. This engine will last a decade, like the current one. The material will come at time to enjoy.

EDIT: I just saw the clouds images again and damn, I'm convinced. Thank you ED; thank you Wags for writing this: 'Now that we are getting very close to integrating EDGE into DCS, I can share a few more details.'

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Originally Posted by Blarney View Post

Would love to have EDGE support SLI. I have 2 GTX 480's that are begging to be fully utilized.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wags View Post

2- Can support up to four GPU (either SLI or CF).

I have a hardware question. Is it better to invest in a single super-duper-mega graphics card, or several lower-end cards instead? What considerations go into such a decision?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

• ED Team
Windows 7 wont support DX11.1 and of course DX11.2

But will NEvada run at DX11.0 in W7?

yes it will

WAGS -

Now that we are getting very close to integrating EDGE into DCS, I can share a few more details.

1- DirectX 11 / DirectX 11 Windows 8 based.

3- Uses clip maps.

4- Two cloud layers can be created with options for none, cumulous, cumulous nimbus, and stratus.

5- Terrain shadow projection is supported.

6- World can be as large as the designer wishes them to be, it is more of a question of development time / map detail.

7- Option to project map on globe surface.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Warning, don't be confused between Dx version of 'core' and the version of the 'functionnality' or 'feature levels'

So I guesstimate EDGE would run from Dx 11.0 and will profit new features present in Dx11_2

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

:pilotfly:

Bääm!

Thanks Wags! You made my week. :thumbup:

:beer:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"7- Option to project map on globe surface."

Well, that's interesting. Wonder how that works with water and rivers and all that. I wonder if Nevada will be on this globe or as a flat map.

If this is in fact how ED will be releasing it's maps, projected on the globe, my faith has just been restored slightly with EDGE.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

I have a hardware question. Is it better to invest in a single super-duper-mega graphics card, or several lower-end cards instead? What considerations go into such a decision?

Generally speaking it is better to buy the best single card you can afford. SLi and Crossfire both have their own issues associated with them (heat, power consumption, only certain games work well with them, graphical anomalies, etc). After a year or two, if you want more graphics power but don't want to drop another $300 on a brand new card again you can always add a second card of the same make and model as the one you buy now and effectively get close to double the performance (depending on the make and model of the card you get). And at this point, a few years into the future, the $300 card you bought today will be much cheaper.

So in my opinion it is always a better idea to get the best you can and view SLI or Crossfire as a future upgrade path.

I generally skip a generation: I had a GTX670 when they came out, and went SLI with a second one right before the GTX700 series came out. When the GTX800 series comes out I'll grab the best version of that card I can afford and SLI when/just before the GTX900 series comes out. It works well for me.

Edited by Psyrixx

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

Is it better to invest in a single super-duper-mega graphics card, or several lower-end cards instead? What considerations go into such a decision?

depends of the budget.

But I had once 2x ati4970 and I regreted it.

Microstuters/driver problems/1 card that was better than the other....

If you're lucky you won't have any problem, but if not then it's a real pain :(

Personnally I would save to buy a bigger card (dont take a card like the 6990, wich is 2 card in Xfire on physically 1 PCB)

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

"7- Option to project map on globe surface."

Well, that's interesting. Wonder how that works with water and rivers and all that. I wonder if Nevada will be on this globe or as a flat map.

If this is in fact how ED will be releasing it's maps, projected on the globe, my faith has just been restored slightly with EDGE.

Yep, very interesting. Maybe we could get a group together and do a major continent. I envision something like that taking a few years to complete though depending on the group size. Once the sequester is over I'd like to convert Kansas from the nationalmap.gov. Wanting to do McConnell AFB and Smoky Hills Gun Range.

Edited by BHawthorne

easily expand a current map as data and funds permit, shrug.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I am curious and maybe this can be answered now or not, will EDGE integration into DCS World power the existing Caucuses region? I understand the terrain textures, building models, etc wouldn't get a graphical overhaul but I am curious as to whether the updated engine will lead to improved frame rates on the existing map and/or whether the existing map will be updated to work within the new engine.

Last I heard, Nevada would use EDGE and Russia/Georgia would continue to use the existing engine, just curious if that is still the case. The phrase "integrating EDGE into DCS" piqued my curiosity on this matter.

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

Nevada and Edge news!

Now that we are getting very close to integrating EDGE into DCS, I can share a few more details.

1- DirectX 11 / DirectX 11 Windows 8 based.

3- Uses clip maps.

4- Two cloud layers can be created with options for none, cumulous, cumulous nimbus, and stratus.

5- Terrain shadow projection is supported.

6- World can be as large as the designer wishes them to be, it is more of a question of development time / map detail.

7- Option to project map on globe surface.

:thumbup:

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.