DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soooo, 3 years more? ;)

Only 3 years more? :megalol:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

Am I the only one who thinks these images dont really look that impressive? The trees are straight out of the old engine for example. The clouds, from what I can see, they are the same as in the old renderer

The only really impressive part is the night illumination and sheer number of lights, shown in that night picture. Really looks like a city nightscape.

One other thing, someone mentioned that DCS: WW2 will be the first DCS product to use the EDGE renderer. Really? So its coming to DCS: WW2 before DCS: World???? What a slap in the face that would be :thumbdown:

Compared to the old engine it looks better. There is difference. But let's see how such graphics is related to the hardware demands. If they are going to be relatively low, then it is great, if not and we get 30 FPS in uber new hardware then... you know what it is.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Am I the only one who thinks these images dont really look that impressive? The trees are straight out of the old engine for example. The clouds, from what I can see, they are the same as in the old renderer

The only really impressive part is the night illumination and sheer number of lights, shown in that night picture. Really looks like a city nightscape.

One other thing, someone mentioned that DCS: WW2 will be the first DCS product to use the EDGE renderer. Really? So its coming to DCS: WW2 before DCS: World???? What a slap in the face that would be :thumbdown:

the trees arent from the current map, because they are 3D unlike the current ones which are 2 planes that cross each other.

and the clouds in the current engine arent bad at all, much better than what ive seen in other games, but the ones in that image look a bit more realistic and fluffy.

I hope we see the Nevada map released before they release DCS WWII, but I'm not holding my breath.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

the old map is not going to work with EDGE (goodbye Black Sea, I will miss you).....so I would expect Nevada is for DCS:World and Normandy for DCS:WWII (should be the same game , just a different time era???)....when the upgrade to the new engine happens, I'm sure it will all happen at the same time for both games (same game? DCS?)...not WWII gets EDGE first type of thing.....With the addition of the ability to build new maps, I think this is going the right direction....

....the real question is..."How smooth are the current modules going to transfer over into the new engine".

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

I was thinking to myself today how are mission hosts going to prevent red and blue sniping each other at the same airport with airport spawning, unless players spawn in the air at different waypoints. :cry:

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

the old map is not going to work with EDGE
Not true

"How smooth are the current modules going to transfer over into the new engine".
Why are you expecting troubles? IMHO everything will be polished when ED will decide to release EDGE. BTW, nobody knows what exactly EDGE is, what the release will contain and what changes will be in DCS World...
Edited by Suchacz

For the earlier critics what do you think now?? This is going to me soooo awesome!!

Hmmmm sex or DCS in the evenings?? I'm thinking more DCS now!! :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Looks nice. Good job!

I hope there is still enough room to improve the engine.

I have the feeling the lighting isn't there yet.

It should be brighter, and all what is visible(reflections etc.) up close,

and less effective towards the distance.

That will definitely make it less washed out.

I hope some will start to work on 3d party terrains, because Some of us don't want to get stuck in Nevada for as long time as we been in Georgia.

I find nevada not the optimal area for a flight sim. I guess it all happened when A-10C was developed and now we will have to get transferred there against our will.

3d party developers Im sure there is a lot of cash to make on terrain for modern combat..

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

1) No, you probably aren´t. There were others who felt like this the last time Wags posted WIP images out of EDGE, but they are all locked away now. ;)

2) I don´t think the trees are from the old engine. Look a little closer and maybe also check out some of the older screenshots - you will see there are many new tree models you won´t find anywhere in Georgia. Same goes for the clouds I think. Notice the different shape, size and distribution in the images.

Changes don´t always have to be huge. This looks great I think.

Only 3 years more? megalol.gif

3 weeks? Maybe 3³ weeks? Not longer than that I hope. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows Vista, 7 or 8; CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz; RAM: 6 GB; Free hard disk space: 10 GB; Video: 512 MB RAM card, DirectX 9.0c - compatible; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows Vista, 7 or 8; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 8GB; Hard disk space: 10 GB; Video: Shader 3.0 or better; NVIDIA GeForce GTX560 / ATI 6950 DirectX 9.0c or better; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; DirectX: 9.0C; requires internet activation.

From: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/

Double everything in Recommended System Requirements and you'll be good. :P

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows Vista, 7 or 8; CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz; RAM: 6 GB; Free hard disk space: 10 GB; Video: 512 MB RAM card, DirectX 9.0c - compatible; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows Vista, 7 or 8; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 8GB; Hard disk space: 10 GB; Video: Shader 3.0 or better; NVIDIA GeForce GTX560 / ATI 6950 DirectX 9.0c or better; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; DirectX: 9.0C; requires internet activation.

From: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/

Double everything in Recommended System Requirements and you'll be good. :P

I think he was asking about EDGE, not DCS World...

I would be interested to find out tech specs as well.

I hope some will start to work on 3d party terrains, because Some of us don't want to get stuck in Nevada for as long time as we been in Georgia.

I find nevada not the optimal area for a flight sim. I guess it all happened when A-10C was developed and now we will have to get transferred there against our will.

3d party developers Im sure there is a lot of cash to make on terrain for modern combat..

Wasn't there some talk about DCS WW2 backers getting the map making tools?

Just WOW! Those nighttime shots look absolutely fantastic! :thumbsup:

Now only how my poor GPU is going to feel about it...

Huge LOL at OMG BRAND... :D

This is why God gave us Belsimtek and their wonderful choppers.....

Now just tell me why your god didn't give us F-18 and Su-27SM yet, amongst many others. I guess the right answer is that he is testing our faith, right? ;)

Oh, and is it out yet?...