DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

How do the explosions? Missile FX look in edge? It seems like there is better hdr. Do we now have the right level of bloom on these special FX?

Screen look great.

Love to see some action shots! Night, day, and ground.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is NTTR and the other theatres? :D

With a high end gf, i can produce pictures like those, if not better ;)

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I just don't know, I mean, HDR, bloom, lens flare are nice; if your filming a movie.

My eyes don't see anything like this outside? Or am I the only one that don't see that way?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I just don't know, I mean, HDR, bloom, lens flare are nice; if your filming a movie.

My eyes don't see anything like this outside? Or am I the only one that don't see that way?

Apparently, at least depth-of-field has a check box. HDR will, presumably, be the same as it is now so it can be turned off as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You mean like Emma Watson? :D

I dndnt mean sooo high end .. but you r close :D

EDIT: gf = gc :P

I need better wine :)

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I would just go outside if I wanted ultra-realism. The screenshots look great to me. Maybe they will have graphics options for people that feel the same way you do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so from the recent posts of screenshots.. is it saying that there is a black sea version of edge?

No, you've got it back to front.

EDGE is a graphics engine. You could build hundreds of maps/locations with it. There doesn't have to be a version of EDGE per map.

What you're seeing in the screenshots is that the current Black Sea map will still work under EDGE. It just won't be able to benefit from all of EDGE's features in the way that a custom map like Nevada can.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I would just go outside if I wanted ultra-realism. The screenshots look great to me. Maybe they will have graphics options for people that feel the same way you do.

what's outside? link pls

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

A low flying A10 clipping its wing on a tree :D

This, one big thing what can make edge really worth to wait , we have choppers And ground attack planes ... Time to get new tree models

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't be surprised if this is not possible with the Black Sea map...also ai routine needs to be fixed so that they avoid forests and trees. But even more complicated to allow infantry to run through the forests.

Edited by Witchking

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

What if the depth of field can help us better view targets from the air since we "focus" on specific things?

doesn't work like that, this option was added just for making screenshots, it works by having focus at certain object/distance only... anything further or closer gets blurred. So it's not up to you to chose what you focus on.

No longer active in DCS...

Other games have successfully implemented blur in-game. I know with flight sims, there is an issue of visibility of targets on ground/in air, but I guess if they can enable blur in F2 view and allow us to use keystrokes to increase/decrease aperture, we can play around with depth of field as we want.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

doesn't work like that, this option was added just for making screenshots, it works by having focus at certain object/distance only... anything further or closer gets blurred. So it's not up to you to chose what you focus on.

Thanks for clearifying :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Other games have successfully implemented blur in-game. I know with flight sims, there is an issue of visibility of targets on ground/in air, but I guess if they can enable blur in F2 view and allow us to use keystrokes to increase/decrease aperture, we can play around with depth of field as we want.

in fact most games have implemented blur so successfully, that most people turn it off from the begining, because its just annoying.

frankly apart from the OH LOOK HOW COOL IT LOOKS NOW effect, blur in games is also used to hide low res geometry, and textures.

... but I guess if they can enable blur in F2 view and allow us to use keystrokes to increase/decrease aperture, we can play around with depth of field as we want.

That is of no value unless you are playing DCS: Motion PIcture. Besides, playing with depth of field would only be useful if you could change your focus distance, which isn't going to happen.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: