DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever made it and for what ever reason, I still think it 's a little disappointing that we are playing a map that's how old now? Especially after seeing that map was made in 2012.

While ago I was more excited about Nevada, EDGE and so on.

Now I just yawn when I hear it.

There are better things to do than thinking about something seen on pictures and read "it's there!", "just around the corner!", "wait only next X years".

treehouseofhorrorvi7.png

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

There are better things to do than thinking about something seen on pictures and read "it's there!", "just around the corner!", "wait only next X years".

I think I am just getting over the exited stage now. A couple of pics without any real info leads me to think this it isn't going to happen anytime soon. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. I suppose it allows me to practice the A10C, though instead of flying about admiring the scenery..

Edited by Dudester22

Wow, what mind tricks did you use to achieve this state? :huh: :D

Need Smoother F2 Camera

Is it me or is there anybody who is disturbed about flickering F2 camera movement?

Even in this video (from EDGE I guess), you can see that the camera doesn't move smoothly, always acts pixel by pixel. Sorry for my English, I hope you get what I mean.

I'm complaining because I'm sad, because obviously there's no any work on it... :(

Do you have any thought about this?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

EDGE has no release into DCS: World over a active map. Nevada (NTTR) has on develop, that is the first map with have building over the new engine to the entertainment market. Caucasus map take part of EDGE improvements, but need a complete rework to full compatibility.

Check here to NTTR updates: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=115306

Wags only put photos of a DCS: W interim version. can be 1.2.8/.9 or after but meanwhile EDGE release has on Valve time .

So speculation is, if I understand correct, we will get DCS:W with a(THE) new rendering engine (image generator) and the Caucasus map in one of the next versions? The benefit of the new image generator is more eye candy and better FPS with the old map?

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

• ED Team
So speculation is, if I understand correct, we will get DCS:W with a(THE) new rendering engine (image generator) and the Caucasus map in one of the next versions? The benefit of the new image generator is more eye candy and better FPS with the old map?

We dont know what benefits we might see with EDGE and the old map. Everyone is assuming/hoping there will be performance improvements with the old map, and you would think that should be the case, but integration and optimization is on going now, so right now it is unknown.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

We dont know what benefits we might see with EDGE and the old map. Everyone is assuming/hoping there will be performance improvements with the old map, and you would think that should be the case, but integration and optimization is on going now, so right now it is unknown.

Ok. I once read that EDGE isnt just about new rendering technology but also a "new base" for other features like dedicated server, new infantry animation and multi crew cockpit. Is that somewhat correct?

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Ok. I once read that EDGE isnt just about new rendering technology but also a "new base" for other features like dedicated server, new infantry animation and multi crew cockpit. Is that somewhat correct?

Correct. And in progress. Step one. Release EDGE.

Correct. And in progress. Step one. Release EDGE.

Sounds great, thanks.:) So if the Caucasus map will be rendered with EDGE in the near future, can some of the new features mentioned be added to it or does that need a new map like Nevada? (I admit that the question sounds a bit odd. It`s just for understanding of the whole EDGE technology picture I have in mind...)

I dont know why people even thought of the old map being on the old engine, the amount of logistics problems that would cause, and the time it would take to do anything is simply insane, and i understand even less why people are still confused, when ED said it will all be in the new engine.

no offense to you eagleeye it isnt pointed at you.

This isnt in game, its in the Map Creation tools.

Hey. Whatever it is, my question (thread) wasn't that! Why do you merge threads without understanding my point?

Does it make difference that it's a Map Creation Tool? Don't you aware of F2 camera thing that I mentioned?

Should I open the thread again with "DCS World v1.2.7" ingame camera sample?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Nevermind. I won't discuss about how "smooth" definition is not same between you and me. I'd like to show "real smooth camera movements in a game" later with a video...

Nevermind. I won't discuss about how "smooth" definition is not same between you and me. I'd like to show "real smooth camera movements in a game" later with a video...

are you talking about the cameras rotation when its being moved left and right?

OK so the terrain viewer used for the video doesn't have smooth movement like the DCS F2 view. We get you, can we now move on?

Nate

I'm thinking of slower acceleration/deceleration when panning the camera, and limited maximum panning speed... perhaps rounded corners when the direction is changed. Am I even close to your idea of 'smooth'?

I wonder if a simple moving average filter applied to the mouse input would be enough?

Dear Shilka. I hate you so very very much. Love, Rex

isnt F2 Aircraft Orbit Camera? Or does he mean F12?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

You will probably need a proper input device for the task.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

isnt F2 Aircraft Orbit Camera? Or does he mean F12?

No, I meant "F2". Viewing an unit from outside.

You will probably need a proper input device for the task.
But I see the problem what I'm talking about in every video made by an user or ED...

I'm thinking of slower acceleration/deceleration when panning the camera, and limited maximum panning speed... perhaps rounded corners when the direction is changed. Am I even close to your idea of 'smooth'?

I wonder if a simple moving average filter applied to the mouse input would be enough?

Thank you Reksi. That was what I was trying to tell. That's why I said "Sorry for my English". Thanks again...

OK so the terrain viewer used for the video doesn't have smooth movement like the DCS F2 view. We get you, can we now move on?

Nate

Of course you can move on. That's why I did write this in another (new) thread, but it was merged by the moderator (?). Disturbing people and corrupt a thread by my personal issue is maybe the last thing in my mind Nate...

Sorry for all these. I think these posts are irrelevant with this thread. They can be erased... Please.

Have a good day...

Config\View\View.lua there are keyboard acceleration values that adjust how fast or slow the view pans with the keyboard, same goes for mouse acceleration values. There are also key commands to switch between normal, slow and fast keyboard and mouse panning.....

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "