DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure those pics look very nice...

though, i would love to hear a few more details of what we can expect in the future with this engine....

for example will the viewing distances be increased in regards of spotting airplanes or targets in general...will there be dynamic reflections of canopy and other surfaces which help spotting targets?

oh and an ETA? :)

it hurts to look at those beautifull screenshots while having no idea when to expect it...

Nice pics but I have a question.

Are we going to wait another decade for those ''pillow like'' clouds to become more real?

Here are 2 pics. One DCS clouds and the other real clouds. I don't see much difference. I see pillow like clouds on many days around the hacienda.

Edited by Blooze

Here are 2 pics. One DCS clouds and the other real clouds. I don't see much difference. I see pillow like clouds every day around the hacienda.

Problem is there's no variety. All clouds have the same size and shape. Having different size and shape would really make it a lot more attractive.

Great pics. I join the other comments regarding the quality of what the images shows us.

Thanks Wags.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Who knows - it's not been released, yet :P

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Wow very nice. Why am I always thinking about this Sim.!?

I7 3770k, GTX 780ti Classified SLI, Asus Maximus Extreme V, 32GB G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series, 1500w Corsair Master Silent Pro M2 PSU, EXPC Raystorm EX280watercooling, Dell U3014 2560x1600 30in

One thing that I dislike about the current engine is the trees... Their sharp and flikering edges hurt my eyes. From these screenshots, it seems that they are inherited by the new engine...:helpsmilie:

I will be extremely happy if someone can prove me wrong...

Edited by blackbelter

One thing that I dislike about the current engine is the trees... Their shape and flikering edges hurt my eyes. From these screenshots, it seems that they are inherited by the new engine...:helpsmilie:

I would assume those trees are "inherited" indeed because they are part of the Black Sea map. Presumably Nevada (or any other map) would have its own trees.

As for the new pics, they look awesome! I love the way those mountains look in the distance, and all the blue haze. Looks so real! :D

I would assume those trees are "inherited" indeed because they are part of the Black Sea map. Presumably Nevada (or any other map) would have its own trees.

As for the new pics, they look awesome! I love the way those mountains look in the distance, and all the blue haze. Looks so real! :D

I sure hope so. Note: I meant their sharp and flikering edges... not their shape, which are fine btw.

One thing that I dislike about the current engine is the trees... Their sharp and flikering edges hurt my eyes. From these screenshots, it seems that they are inherited by the new engine...helpsmilie.gif

thats the old map you are seeing.

look at pics from the nevada map, there you will see lots of different trees with different elevation...

If they are casting them on the ground it should be on everything then.

i will be a believer when i see a screenshot of a plane under a cloud during overcast... in which one plane under a cloud is pitch dark, and a plane away from clouds are clear and visible ;)

i will be blown away if aircraft cast shadows on other aircraft too... and over water..

only if it looked like this nw0gjw1XIIk

man, because i have to say, renders from FSX and Real Environment extreme and be comparable to real life clouds

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

i will be a believer when i see a screenshot of a plane under a cloud during overcast... in which one plane under a cloud is pitch dark, and a plane away from clouds are clear and visible ;)

Um, don't we already have this? The Darker Cloud Shadows mod helps to reinforce the effect too.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Is that the video that was posted a while back that was removed? I never gotten to see that. Do we know if this is the EDGE-engine? Did I just see a Kenyan flag there?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Well I've never seen that before. My jaw just dropped ! Imagine flying around that, simply stunning! I really really hope that is Nevada with edge

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |