DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

@skatezilla... i have the mod.. diveplane's cloud mod..

it makes the land with shadows...

i dont remember the plane getting dark when flying under a cloud..

BTW, WHAT EVER RECENT EDGE VIDEO I JUST SAW, BLEW ME AWAY...

its like NO MORE google maps 'like' tiles lol

every tree and house is rendered, no tiles!!!

BSZTIEqFrqs

I HAVE TO SAY THAT IS AMAZINGGGGGGG

i will look forward just making a flight from point A to point B, just to look at interesting scenery during the flight. (it is a turn off to see tiles and flat textures in the current DCS)

wow, EDGE plus oculus Rift, ED will make alot of sales!

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really really hope that is Nevada with edge

That's the Corsica and Fort Rucker (?) maps made for the exclusive use of third-parties. Definitely not Nevada and no, you'll definitely not be allowed/be able to fly on those maps - not for DCS.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Well, I don't see much a difference on these Su-25 screenshots....

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Is that the video that was posted a while back that was removed?
Yes.

no, you'll definitely not be allowed/be able to fly on those maps - not for DCS.
There has never been a statement one way or another about this. It is a possibility, but better to assume we won't.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I HAVE TO SAY THAT IS AMAZINGGGGGGG

i will look forward just making a flight from point A to point B, just to look at interesting scenery during the flight. (it is a turn off to see tiles and flat textures in the current DCS)

wow, EDGE plus oculus Rift, ED will make alot of sales!

Similar to this which was released back in 2012 by Belsimtek under the trading name AVIA (I could be wrong regarding Belsimtek. The info was supplied to me a mid last year on another forum). I presume paying developers have had access to EDGE for quite some time. That or it was developed by a 3rd party and DCS has purchased the rights to the Engine

9kxCpW9lDYA

FJLMDfBrEDI

8ZZGOZxM-nc

Edited by Winfield_Gold

Yes.

There has never been a statement one way or another about this. It is a possibility, but better to assume we won't.

Yes there has. These are proprietary theaters that will not be open to the public.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

If these video's are indeed based on the coming EDGE, ......................... then we have here the New Flightsim :yes:

If that could be true :beer:

(or to good to be true????)

Edited by wavn

Best regards, Willem

Yes there has. These are proprietary theaters that will not be open to the public.
Okay, I just did a fairly exhaustive search, and these are the three statements I could find regarding the maps seen in the Avia videos:

Here are several new videos showing an older version of EDGE.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7W2HUQBQ8LL9WdYVlwM0A?feature=watch

Note: These videos are not operating within DCS, but rather dedicated image generator stations for professional training solutions.

Those are examples of terrain based on EDGE technology that will also be used for the Normandy map. However, those two images are from an unannounced map that is in development.

Correct. The only thing that should be taken away from those videos is how EDGE models maps. Even so, maps could greatly vary in their look based on elevation mesh detail, art-generated vs satellite generated textures, texture resolution, object population, etc.
Regarding the third quote, which I assume is the one you are referring to. While he does not explicitly say "These will maps will never be in DCS," (nor does the comment he quoted) that would be a reasonable inference to make. It is worth noting that many of the static objects and civilian traffic seen in these videos can also be seen in NTTR screenshots.
Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's not EDGE or DCS, that's Fighterops! :P

/troll mode off

That video looks f******** awesome! It says project 9 at the beginning, any idea what that means?

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

So, how long before we see one the "PUBLIC" can use? It's been a long, long time and still nothing. Will the Nevada map be released in the year 2014.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

• ED Team
So, how long before we see one the "PUBLIC" can use? It's been a long, long time and still nothing. Will the Nevada map be released in the year 2014.

I dont know for sure, but once its fully integrated, optimized and such I am sure it will be released, it feels like it is going fairly smoothly. But I dont know all the goals and where it needs to be for release, but I am sure 2014 is a fair guess.... and that is all I am doing.

Was that vague and non committal enough? :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

My Buddy from the North would say something like this.. Thats not right you bunch of Hose teasers:megalol::music_whistling: They look Great!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Was that vague and non committal enough? :)

Are you involved in any diplomatic negotiatons? :smilewink:

I hope we will finally see some nice looking steep terrain, I was disappointed by every game engine until now

You can always see that a flat texture is stretched over a steep model, just :puke:

The georgia-theater would be just beautiful, if better rendered :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Guys, We dont need to re-post all the Alt Wolf/Concord XII Videos and Links, this thread was for discussion of the Screenshots wags posted.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs