DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

Similar to this which was released back in 2012 by Belsimtek under the trading name AVIA (I could be wrong regarding Belsimtek. The info was supplied to me a mid last year on another forum). I presume paying developers have had access to EDGE for quite some time. That or it was developed by a 3rd party and DCS has purchased the rights to the Engine

8ZZGOZxM-nc

If these videos are from 2012, then how are we still playing the current map? You would think we would be playing that map after all this time. You sure that isn't FSX?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But according to the rules, this will actually be a good OS.

- snippage-

It really is amazing how the odd number OS releases are *so* much better, isn't it? DOS 5 vs 4. Win95 vs 98. Win 7 vs 8. It really is remarkable.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

then how are we still playing the current map?

Let's say the original customer wanted an exclusive right of said map use for a number of years. Do you think ED would refuse them that?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

What? The part about FSX? Well it looks like FSX with mod to me.

Its is not FSX, it is a map created using EDGE for a customer, so it is not available for us to use and why you don't and won't see it in this flight sim.

and the :doh: was because this was noted before.

No longer active in DCS...

That clear it up, but how come they have a gating issue with the Nevade map if they have successfully done this map? Or was it some other team who did this map?

Who created that map is not known (to us)

No longer active in DCS...

Indeed it has been stated before...many times.

I thought after the video's being posted since wags latest shots of EDGE that this thread was now some kind of "who could find old video's of EDGE from way back when, dust them off to refresh peoples memories that EDGE video's had been discussed in the past"

It was my opinion that EDGE has been around for a few years now. Not released to the public but it has had maps exclusively designed for\by 3rd party devs.

After reviewing the older video's of EDGE, the only thing I can see that has changed is the sky, clouds and earth horizon. However I am looking forward to the public release of EDGE and hold high hopes that the detail released in past video's such as Corsica for example is also available for the public release.

Now back to the photos on topic

After reviewing the older video's of EDGE, the only thing I can see that has changed is the sky, clouds and earth horizon.

You didn't look anywhere near close enough if these are the only things you picked up.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

What people such as myself need are release notes detailing the difference.

I am in no way starting a flame war. I am simply asking for differences that I and many other members are unable to pick up on after comparing the older video's to the photo's. Keep in mind that the video's do not show in cockpit views from aircraft unlike the photos released by wags

What people such as myself need are release notes detailing the difference.

I am in no way starting a flame war. I am simply asking for differences that I and many other members are unable to pick up on after comparing the older video's to the photo's. Keep in mind that the video's do not show in cockpit views from aircraft unlike the photos released by wags

That...or just wait. EDGE will come and when it does, you can look for differences yourself.

EDGE has no release into DCS: World over a active map. Nevada (NTTR) has on develop, that is the first map with have building over the new engine to the entertainment market. Caucasus map take part of EDGE improvements, but need a complete rework to full compatibility.

Check here to NTTR updates: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=115306

Wags only put photos of a DCS: W interim version. can be 1.2.8/.9 or after but meanwhile EDGE release has on Valve time .

A release note or similar not coming to a "Professional / military" version. Need take patience to the commit the "entrainment" version release. And AVIA / Concord, etc videos / photos, etc, is out of discussion. No show nothing of the final EDGE / NTTR final product release status or capabilities (different versions, target objectives / audience, performance and requirements).

For actual EDGE characteristics and capabilities (unofficial) check here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=121146

• Like 1

Sorry guys, but you are all underinformed. Everything what you can see in those videos are already possible under DCSW too, for 4-5 years . Blending grass, detailed trees (even with animated branches and leaves) lights, visible seabed, underwater ruins/wrecks, waves, reflecting buildings, dense city and road lights etc. Those are new objects only what were made by Dimitry Robustov who is the Terrain Programmer and Developer and by his Team in Minsk, subsidiary office of Eagle Dynamics.

Of course they made independent, individul and ordered terrains for private use of real simulator training centers such as Concorde XXI, Avia and for many other firms of the world.

May the THRUST be with you

Its is not FSX, it is a map created using EDGE for a customer, so it is not available for us to use and why you don't and won't see it in this flight sim.

Are you by that actually saying that ED have sold Corsica (or whatever the terrain was) and can not create a map of that in DCS?

Edited by HiJack

Sorry guys, but you are all underinformed. Everything what you can see in those videos are already possible under DCSW too, for 4-5 years .

That is not true. Want evidence? Look at 0:08 to 0:12 in the altwolf video. There's your evidence.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Yes.

I thought it was created by a third party using EDGE for non-entertainment purposes. So it is not ED's property to sell.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I dont know for sure, but once its fully integrated, optimized and such I am sure it will be released, it feels like it is going fairly smoothly. But I dont know all the goals and where it needs to be for release, but I am sure 2014 is a fair guess.... and that is all I am doing.

Was that vague and non committal enough? :)

Yes, very vague and non-committal. :thumbup:

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

• ED Team
Whoever made it and for what ever reason, I still think it 's a little disappointing that we are playing a map that's how old now? Especially after seeing that map was made in 2012.

It has nothing to do with DCS World, and has nothing to do with how old the current map is.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Whoever made it and for what ever reason, I still think it 's a little disappointing that we are playing a map that's how old now? Especially after seeing that map was made in 2012.

Merrygoround_01_KMJ.jpg

And here we go for another round of useless off topic commentary.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art