DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but were not the early adopters of the Beta A10C supposed to get this map for free? ... how long ago was that and its still not out?

Give me one good reason why I should pay DCS any more money for unreleased products like DCS CA when they cant get their priority's right and change their mind at a heartbeat for more fruitful endeavours.

Its not rocket science, don't bite off more than you can chew.

Grrr from angry legit customer.

Don't worrie :) that topic was discussed to death here in this thread..you get it for free as beta dude.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

No, unless the re-engineered Nevada map is bigger than the beta one (pictured in my screen shot)

The beta map was maybe 1/3 of the state of Nevada (southern)

I sincerely hope it´s going to be bigger than the georgia-esque southern part of Nevada. After all those years of waiting I think it´s time for something like that.

Anyway, how long would it take to cross such an area in an F-15? Could you create interesting (and longer) missions on such a small map? Aerial refueling?

The map is not called "Las Vegas", "Nellis Air Force Range" or "Southern Nevada" after all...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

I can tell that you have never been involved with programming. ED is doing what they can to get these issues resolved.

nothing to do with programming here, ED has not released finished Nevada or FC3 or DCS CA or P-51D or their next still unknown DCS module not because programming is hard and takes time but because they are working on too many things at same time... you can't fight war on many fronts... and lets not forget ED also has military contracts they are working on which is even more things on their plate and I am sure their military projects have the priority... so it's to be expected they take such long time to release each module/release.

This is a bad thing for us normal consumer as we have to wait more time for these things.

No longer active in DCS...

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but were not the early adopters of the Beta A10C supposed to get this map for free? ... how long ago was that and its still not out?

Please remember that the Nevada you saw in Beta (and that was featured on the previous screenshots) was produced by a 3rd party that fell apart. ED then reimplemented it, from scratch, using the new in-development EDGE terrain engine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Please remember that the Nevada you saw in Beta (and that was featured on the previous screenshots) was produced by a 3rd party that fell apart. ED then reimplemented it, from scratch, using the new in-development EDGE terrain engine.

We pray for ED, but it cannot help us to find an answer for mainest question about Nevada map: when?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We pray for ED, but it cannot help us to find an answer for mainest question about Nevada map: when?

Hopefully before some catastrophic earthquake turns it into a coastal region, thus causing major revisions. :D

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Now where's that "Nagging Nadia" suppression button?

You mean this one?

gQ8bs.jpg

I thought every keyboard had one :huh:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Beside's that, how long would it take EA to model a couple of fictional 100 square km maps to that detail.

And how long would it take ED to model something like a 926.000 square km map that is accurate to real world data?

(not counting the black sea)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

What size this new map will be ? Does any one knows ?

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Dodgy guitarist more like ...

The edge indeed .... pffft

Special effects , first you have to play the damn thing to achieve special effects ..... he doesnt programme his guitar .

Where would house music and trance be without special effects , we'd all be listening to some nob on a piano and another bangin dustbin lids and clapping our hands eating crumpets and drinking cups of tea . Oh ..... woooohoooo !!

The real "Egde" David Evans ..... is a unique and talented musician . Maybe he has the "EDGE" copyrighted , so ED beware !!!

Edited by badger66

And everything you say to me takes me one step closer to it, AND I'M ABOUT TO BREAK! =P

But seriously, thanks for the info, folks. I thought I had more catching up to do, but it seems the community as a whole isn't privvy to much.

That's Chester Bennington, not EDGE :doh:

Edit: Sorry, "Mr. The EDGE".

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

"EA could spend $45 to $50 million on marketing and promoting Battlefield 3."

Truth

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo