DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

But ......Nellis Airbase is not terribly similar to Fighter Op's? :music_whistling::lol::

...............So much better job will not be lost.:smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fighter Ops....LOL

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

So if Nellis is being included for the sake of immersion, will be have dummy bombs and sidewinders as well, with referee's for kill counting in Red Flag? Will it be possible to fly out with your instructor in a separate A-10C, then split off and fly simulated air-to-air against him/her, then form up and fly home?

We will have training rounds for all weapons but not sure how they'll work yet.

The TGM's are a dumy that just have the sencors in the nose and wheigh the same. The LGB's are concreat filled with the guidens system as normal. Not sure on rockets. The CATM-9M is the same as the TGM's they don't fire just lock target. the UTB's are a MK 82/84 with a inert warhead.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Why the hate on Fighter Ops? I give support to anyone who works on flight simulators these days with such a small market, no matter how long it takes them to release.

• Like 1

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Why the hate on Fighter Ops? I give support to anyone who works on flight simulators these days with such a small market, no matter how long it takes them to release.

Totally agree :thumbup: I don't see them as a competitor to DCS, but more like a supliment. I'm gonna buy both.

Oдин

Hopefully before Duke Nukem Forever !!
Honestly, hardly to believe. DNF (unfortunate shortcut - "Did Not Finish" in racing language IIRC :)) is given to another studio and they are working on it as we speak (I read it somewhere). What is going on with FO is a mystery...
Edited by Poko24

Not a fan of the mystical glow I have to admit, DCS the Elder Scrolls..?

I'd like to see some screens with the glow off, it looks like someones smeared my monitor with vaseline. ROF looks great without tons of bloom.

Mystical glow - let it be official name :P No worries, it's optional effect and can be disabled, from what I've heard.

Not a fan of the mystical glow I have to admit, DCS the Elder Scrolls..?

I'd like to see some screens with the glow off, it looks like someones smeared my monitor with vaseline. ROF looks great without tons of bloom.

Glow like in "The Bold and the Beautiful" - filmed throught a stocking :). It seems that this effect isn't like by sim geeks...

• Like 1

Nice. That'll be the first option I turn off. By the way...any easter eggs? Me likes to use Hugo Chavez's face as target practice :gun_smilie:

Ever pressed the HUD test button in the black shark? :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Ever pressed the HUD test button in the black shark? :)

It says Eagle Dynamics!

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

What, I thought everybody tested their HUD before taking off.:music_whistling:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly