DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neveda Over Middle east

Before you can go to war and win it. You have to train first. Not trying to be a smart ass but if you'd ever spent anytime in a uniform on active duty you would know and understand that.

AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Core Processor 3.90 GHz.

16 GB of Ram

2 MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8GB Graphics Cards

LG Blue Ray

Samsung 1TB SSD

Western Digital 1TB HD

2TB Western Digital SSD

Corsair Full Tower

Liquid Cooling

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

27 Samsung LED curved Monitor

Before you can go to war and win it. You have to train first. Not trying to be a smart ass but if you'd ever spent anytime in a uniform on active duty you would know and understand that.

I am training, but what about all the other guys who have trained? where do they go? More training?

At first i thought, why Nevada, i assumed Lucky came from there! It certainly has no appeal to me.

Now I don't care.. i just want a new environment. Flying the same terrain for countless years is becoming a bit of a joke.

For me, I'd like to see ED put all possible resources into getting a map to us.

+1

Yep, I'd love to see that, and hopefully we will once EDGE is sorted. We have been stuck on this (now dated) map for a looooong time. I still like it when you are up high, but down low it really shows its age.

I am like most who have posted, I just want a new map to fly over. This edge thing seems to go on forever and I wonder if it will even see the light of day. I would even settle for having the old desert map back for now just to fly something different. Does anyone have any idea at all when this Edge map is going to be released, if ever?

Does anyone have any idea at all when this Edge map is going to be released

No, all we know is that development is ongoing.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

This Nevada map thing has been going on for a long time, and it feels so long since it'll be available that I just can't get myself to be excited about it despite my wish for variety. Personally I'd prefer they finish a new graphic engine all together instead of ''wasting'' resources on terrains that might or might not port over to EDGE. That said, in the same manner, I'm also having a hard time being excited about the new graphic engine/Image generator considering how far off it seems and how little I know about it.

Still I gotta say, I'd be fine paying for map modules and/or for a new engine just like we pay for an aircraft.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just saw this in the link below. Does this mean that tools are already available to make new maps?

That thread is from 2009, EDGE wasn't even announced back then, so no, those are not the tools for the new engine.

Nevada is being reengineered solely for EDGE, that's why it is taking so long. There's no Nevada without EDGE being released. The old Nevada map of the A-10 beta had it's fair share of problems that made it unfit for release.

Edited by sobek

Come let's eat grandpa!

I dont see why the old nevada map could have been released. it would have been better to have that map for a year or two instead of waiting another (however long) for a new map.

Yes, that's how I feel anything is better then nothing. The other thing is I think some people do have the old map while others don't.

That thread is from 2009, EDGE wasn't even announced back then, so no, those are not the tools for the new engine.

So what do those tools do?

Yes, that's how I feel anything is better then nothing. The other thing is I think some people do have the old map while others don't.

Some people hacked the old map into their installs. It is technically possible but distribution of the map is now piracy.

So what do those tools do?

Create terrain for the current engine.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Some people hacked the old map into their installs. It is technically possible but distribution of the map is now piracy.

Create terrain for the current engine.

These tools would be great then if I knew how to create a new terrain. Unfortunately, I think it would be way out of my league. Also, if this is for the current terrain who's going to make anything if this Edge is on the way? Will these tools work with Edge aswell?

These tools would be great then if I knew how to create a new terrain. Unfortunately, I think it would be way out of my league. Also, if this is for the current terrain who's going to make anything if this Edge is on the way?

All the terrain guys (that i am aware of) have stopped their efforts and are waiting for EDGE.

Will these tools work with Edge aswell?

Of course not.

Edit: Well, let's say it is very unlikely.

Edited by sobek

Come let's eat grandpa!

I know this may be a bit off topic- but with the new terrain (on whatever continent) is there any talk of developing revetments or vehicle shelters? I know for awhile someone was developing camouflage tents / coverings for vehicles and made some good progress there- but I haven't seen anything about that lately and this likely has something to do with EDGE development.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Hello,

we takeoff from Nellis and fly over to Iraq for the fight with a few in flight refuel's

The Nevada and Nellis are necessary for the training and before make war, so for the A-10C and other planes it's the best place...

I dream to fly my A-10C over the Nevada...

Irac or Afghanistan is perfect for the A-10C (I can dream...)

Skull.

The problem with Iraq or Afghanistan would be their size I think.

But then... Iraq is mostly empty.. Maybe it would work (That's the reason why I suggested Panama or Kuwait, btw. EDIT: Of course with a bit of area around them, otherwise they would be too small)

btw: The original LockOn Map (Ukraine and stuff) would be very cool already. But I'd also like Balkans or the other ones I mentioned...

• ED Team

It doesnt have to be red flag, its the mission builders choice.. it could be an invasion of the US, front lines down the strip in Vegas... its only limited to your imagination...

What makes Red Flag so great? Isn't the great thing about a simulator that you can actually blow stuff up?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

An Afghanistan map would be somewhat dull for A10 drivers. Go up, loiter, loiter, loiter some more, drop a JDAM or two, gun strafe, go home. Has the US lost even one A10 due to enemy fire in Afghanistan?

because we have to have realistic missions dont we? you can do that on the current map, if you really want to as well.

An Afghanistan map would be somewhat dull for A10 drivers. Go up, loiter, loiter, loiter some more, drop a JDAM or two, gun strafe, go home. Has the US lost even one A10 due to enemy fire in Afghanistan?

Yes you maybe right but Flying with A-10C and make war in Russia is not realist also no ?