• Mikoyan MiG-29M 'Fulcrum-E'
    • Mikoyan MiG-25PDSL 'Foxbat-E'
    • Sukhoi SU-25KM 'Scorpion'
    • Sukhoi Su-22M5 'Fitter'
    • Sukhoi Su-35BM 'Flanker-E'
    • Sukhoi Su-24M2 'Fencer-D'
    • Sukhoi PAK FA
    • Mikoyan MiG-35 'Fulcrum-F'

E.D.'s comments on the matter : E.D. have said that they were concerned about the Russian Govenments reaction to their modelling an accurate representation of an in (Russian) service Su-27SM.

Where have they said that? - as far as I am aware all they said was that they didn't have enough documentation on the aircraft to do a proper representation of it.

That would imply that information freely available in the West (like the NiiP site) doesn't fully describe the capabilities of that plane**

No of course it doesn't - the plane consists of more than just the radar. Besides, aside from performance stats you also need to know how varies systems are dispayed to the pilot in order to model it.

JJ

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See - now you've gone and dragged me back into it...

Where have they said that? - as far as I am aware all they said was that they didn't have enough documentation on the aircraft to do a proper representation of it.

Not the comment I was thinking of (which from memory was more explicit), but one in that vein from a discussion on why there appeared to be a bias towards developing Western aircraft :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1614225&postcount=8

Moreover, recently a draconian anti-spy law was adopted (more likely to suppress the opposition, but still) which makes you to be VERY careful in everything involving military and foreigners if you don't want to end up in jail.

Cheers.

For DCS series T\TM would be more useful. SM even doesn't have TV pod like A-10C has or even old and poor Shkval which is crappy but helps a lot in 25T\TM.

KM is fanstasmagoria :P

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

My choice would be the SM upgrade. We already have the T.

Su-25SM features Panther fire-control system with Kopyo-25 radar in a rebuilt nose (not pod-mounted, as on Su-25TM), giving compatibility with a wider range of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons; Klen PS laser range-finder is relocated below fuselage. Revised cockpit with a new HUD and two large colour LCD MFDs, but retains standard analogue flight instruments. Irtysh EW system, with new RWR, MAWS and automatic control of chaff and flares. Structural changes limited to life-extension modifications and provision for nose-mounted radar. Sukhoi Shturmovik Consortium promises improved maintainability and a service life extended to 2,500 flying hours.

Su-25SM features Panther fire-control system with Kopyo-25 radar in a rebuilt nose (not pod-mounted, as on Su-25TM),

No, it doesn't. The Su-25SM is a cheap modernization update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Right, i seem to have lost thread somehwere between all the tooing and froing between Weta and Alfa.

Can someone clarify what version of the SU27 ED will be modelling?????

None, for all we know. However we do know that SOMEONE will be modeling the Su-27SM.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

• 3 weeks later...
GGTharos officially announced DCS:MiG-29S for Q1 2013 in this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=100260

:D

I like that logic more than 'mig-29 is a dcs module because it isn't getting a cockpit' at least. :D

:lol: nice conclusion GG

i think you should tell us the truth

and :idiot:

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Okay, you can believe that it is the truth, and ignore the fact that a lot of the purchasing decisions are based on politics first and money second, never mind performance :)

You can believe that APA is giving you the truth too ... technically, they are. The lies are very well hidden, and it appears that you do not know them :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Petitaion for SU-39

I like to gather some support for this aircraft to be modeled in DCS world.

The basic is done for it 25T... the cockpit needs to be redone and some avionics...

i would rather see this aircraft then the TM model...

please ED consider this since it is basicly a totaly new aircraft and it has huge potencial for the game qorld... rangeing from SEAD/DEAD CAS CAP Anti Shipping long range interdiction etc...