DCS SA342 Gazelle Project

Pat01

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nice light little tank hunter.. can't wait.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Awesome work, Pat! :thumbup:

How do pilots aim in real life? Is there an optic for the crosshair?

Looking forward to your module ... will it be official at release?

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorcer3r "Seems that it uses still the Ka50-FM. But yes, great work so far."

NOT AT ALL. completely made from scratch FM

it only uses the ka-50 trim sound at the moment.

It just looked so ... stable! :o) What kind of stabilization system does this helo use?

That is awesome! You are further along than I thought!

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

In real life the pilot doesn't fire any weapon for what I understood (french army, don't know for other countries)

Only the copilot fire weapons using a targeting system on top of the helicopter, for this model it's called "Viviane"

The copilot uses a TV like screen plus some entry device with a mini joystick to aim

The missile is wire guided, some guidance like the missiles fired from tanks in combined arms

There's also a binocular

At the moment I use a personal (unreal) targeting system for the pilot for playability. Don't know if I'll keep it.

The model will feature copilot targeting system when done. The player can already access the copilot station

@Flagrum "What kind of stabilization system does this helo use?"

The real system is called autopilot but looks better like a stability augmentation system to me

it eases pilot work about 3 axis, roll yaw and pitch

plus some automatic yaw to deal with the counter rotor moment depending on speed

This model follows the same idea, flying without the "autopilot" will be a challenge for some , acrobatics are allowed only with some axis switched off.

At the moment the missile is fire and forget for the pilot, I also removed vibrations and some movements when aiming to ensure a decent result, otherwise you won't be able to aim anything.

One can disengage the autopilot when aiming and see ...

In real life the pilot doesn't fire any weapon for what I understood (french army, don't know for other countries)

Only the copilot fire weapons using a targeting system on top of the helicopter, for this model it's called "Viviane"

The copilot uses a TV like screen plus some entry device with a mini joystick to aim

The missile is wire guided, some guidance like the missiles fired from tanks in combined arms

There's also a binocular

At the moment I use a personal (unreal) targeting system for the pilot for playability. Don't know if I'll keep it.

The model will feature copilot targeting system when done. The player can already access the copilot station

@Flagrum "What kind of stabilization system does this helo use?"

The real system is called autopilot but looks better like a stability augmentation system to me

it eases pilot work about 3 axis, roll yaw and pitch

plus some automatic yaw to deal with the counter rotor moment depending on speed

This model follows the same idea, flying without the "autopilot" will be a challenge for some , acrobatics are allowed only with some axis switched off.

At the moment the missile is fire and forget for the pilot, I also removed vibrations and some movements when aiming to ensure a decent result, otherwise you won't be able to aim anything.

One can disengage the autopilot when aiming and see ...

So, the stabilization works comparable to that of the Ka-50 with bank, heading and pitch hold modes enabled?

Anyhow, thank you for the explanation so far. I am looking forward to throw money at you to let me fly this one .... :o)

Ok. It just looks like a coaxial FM because you do not need any rudder input. (WIP I think?)

Edited by sorcer3r

Please guys keep in mind the video was titled "Comms with wingman" and not "FM"

Later I'll show you a mission flown by a real life pilot, when time will come.

This mission without autopilot flown by me would be of no help to show you the FM, my piloting skills are too bad.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...