Release Date?

stormrider

18 minutes ago, Lime_Acid said:

For more than a month there has been a pre-order for the F-15E module. Who has any assumptions about the approximate output of the release?

Not yet, according official news: "a few months from the start of the pre order or sooner". 

Before the end of pre order you will recive the date as it was posted by @BIGNEWY. According me the date release of EA will be given 2 weeks before, I suppose. Personally I expect it in May, maybe end of April.

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Official: 2 WeeksTM

Speculations: "a few months" can be 0-9 so, possibly in or before November 2023

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

57 minutes ago, nima2014 said:

As I understood here, there will be no release date given to us. 

41F13767-5046-4FB9-960F-235945E48590.jpeg

I'd be surprised if zero warning is given. At a minimum DCS tend to give a week or two's notice if a new module has been added to a given forthcoming beta build. And probably as much to do a 'buy now or miss out on the discount' final push on the pre-order deal (which usually remains until the second the release happens) as it is to forewarn/inform.  DCS are usually the final arbiter (rather than the 3rd party dev) of when a product is released though, and I vaguely recall some modules (or certainly major updates to existing ones) being held back a couple of weeks due to last minute issues being spotted.

34 minutes ago, bfr said:

I'd be surprised if zero warning is given. At a minimum DCS tend to give a week or two's notice if a new module has been added to a given forthcoming beta build. And probably as much to do a 'buy now or miss out on the discount' final push on the pre-order deal (which usually remains until the second the release happens) as it is to forewarn/inform.  DCS are usually the final arbiter (rather than the 3rd party dev) of when a product is released though, and I vaguely recall some modules (or certainly major updates to existing ones) being held back a couple of weeks due to last minute issues being spotted.

IIRC the FW190 and the P47 both dropped out of the blue in one beta patch. So why not?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, bfr said:

But if they don't warn, all the people who'd get it then don't get the 30% discount, but only 20%; RB would make an extra $8 per sale. I don't see why they'd not seize this opportunity for more money. 

There's been many releases where presale period ended with module released in a patch without any advance warning, and there's been many otherwise too.

We see a clearly worded message from someone involved with the development that it will not have any sort of "grace period" and will just release when it's ready to. Of course, that doesn't necessarily guarantee it will be so, but it is a pretty good indication for how it may go anyway.

I don't see the logic behind waiting until just before the release to pay for preorder. If one is really interested in the module and know they will get it anyway, and wants to save as many $$ as possible, it won't matter whether you get the preorder "day 1" or "day -1". If one wants to see some previews before deciding, honestly it is better to wait and see after the release anyway, even if it'll mean maybe 10 more bucks.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I think there is still a wait before this happens, but if you want the preorder price just go for it when you can. I think there will still be time. I think I am going to wait until it releases. I’m doing some other updates and may get a new rig soon, so I’ll be plenty busy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eviscerador said:

IIRC the FW190 and the P47 both dropped out of the blue in one beta patch. So why not?

I'll take your word for it. I've never really been into the old warbirds on DCS so i'm mostly speaking from experience of the bigger jet modules going out and I can't think of one where the first anyone knew of release was in the patch notes.  There's always a first time of course, but it'd seem out of character.

4 hours ago, LorenLuke said:

But if they don't warn, all the people who'd get it then don't get the 30% discount, but only 20%; RB would make an extra $8 per sale. I don't see why they'd not seize this opportunity for more money. 

"Don't miss out, sale ends tonight!" is also a well used marketing ploy. And the person who misses pre-sale price might then be the person who waits until the next sale cycle rather than pay the price immediately post-release, or never gets around to buying it at all.  And its not like DCS sales aren't frequent anyway so I expect they are a little stuck in the trap that a decent chunk of people just hang on until the next sale (like I pretty much never buy anything directly on Steam now outside of a sale).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bfr said:

"Don't miss out, sale ends tonight!" is also a well used marketing ploy. And the person who misses pre-sale price might then be the person who waits until the next sale cycle rather than pay the price immediately post-release, or never gets around to buying it at all.  And its not like DCS sales aren't frequent anyway so I expect they are a little stuck in the trap that a decent chunk of people just hang on until the next sale (like I pretty much never buy anything directly on Steam now outside of a sale).

Consider though that the Mudhen would have to come out of early access, lose the 20% discount, then be around long enough to THEN go on sale for something more than 20%. I imagine people who want it will weigh the 'eh, it's just eight bucks anyway' and eat the difference rather than wait God-knows-how-long.

57 minutes ago, LorenLuke said:

Consider though that the Mudhen would have to come out of early access, lose the 20% discount, then be around long enough to THEN go on sale for something more than 20%. I imagine people who want it will weigh the 'eh, it's just eight bucks anyway' and eat the difference rather than wait God-knows-how-long.

Yes you'll get some who'll see how it is after launch and just get a 20% cut. You'll also get a fair few currently on the fence who'll be swayed to cash in at 30% when they know with reasonable certainty it'll be in their hands within a week or two.

On 3/28/2023 at 9:25 AM, nima2014 said:

This is info from week ago. Nothing new.

No, it isnt true, see my earlier post and ED announcement. I take it as part of the encouragement, of course, which Razbam is entitled to.

I can guess, but probably 1-2 weeks earlier we will find out when the module will be released in EA version.

The question was very clear about when the date of release will be given (posts of @BIGNEWY ). Importantly, it's ED's decision in the first place, not Razbam's, and I believe ED won't go back on their words. That's all. 

Quote:

In general, there is no need to hurry, therefore, because someday this date will be given before the end of pre order, right? Please confirm it. Thanks

Quote:

Here is what I can confirm 

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

23 hours ago, bfr said:

Exactly. So those of Razbam can write pretty much whatever they want. It's always been ED's policy to warn when the pre-order ends. There were exceptions, but they concerned 3D party modules that did not have EA, only the final theoretical version, which Mudhen does not belong to. In general, nothing to worry about. I said I will buy it when EA release date is announced. Now we're only paying for the promise, nothing else, so there's still time to take it easy before end of pre order. :thumbup: Personally, I bet end of April, beginning of May.

Notice also that the next beta update will be 12.04:

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• ED Team

When we have news to share about a date we will, you will need to continue to be patient. 

thank you 

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I will buy a day or two before the release date, if that is next week or in 6 months time I don't care or need to too as I have placed no money down so far for a module that has been 10 years coming, I will still get to enjoy it as much as any one who pre ordered but don't have the anxiety of the wait for release.

Edited by Hotdognz
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 9:25 AM, nima2014 said:

Let me think for a minute. Budget is limited and inflation is high. I can use the allocated funds and buy it now and don't know when it's coming, or I can buy something else now and enjoy now. Tough choice...lol

Edited by Laurion
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Laurion said:

Let me think for a minute. Budget is limited and inflation is high. I can use the allocated funds and buy it now and don't know when it's coming, or I can buy something else now and enjoy now. Tough choice...lol

Yes, what is quoted here from someone at Razbam is an encouragement to simply buy a promise :), that's all. Even on Kickstarter, the date of completion of the project and release is given, and there the deadlines are very distant. acc. I have no need to rush. The date will be announced in advance, be it a week, two or a few days in advance. Even from a marketing approach, this gives a much better effect than the blackmail attempt that is in the quote - donate, we won't tell you when it will come out. It's a bit of kindergarten and a rather low concept of running a business based on respect for the buyer. 😑

It is also worth adding that for people who earn in a different currency, there is an additional cost in the case of differences in the exchange rate. They should choose the most appropriate moment for the currency conversion.

• Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

On 3/28/2023 at 4:27 AM, bfr said:

Did they say specific videos would be released just before release? So there's a little hint on how to tell when it's about to fly.

4 hours ago, pii said:

Did they say specific videos would be released just before release? So there's a little hint on how to tell when it's about to fly.

I believe they said we shouldn't expect release until the cold-start video comes out.

• Like 2

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

continue with the above...when you see various famous YouTubers start flying the plane around, doing all the stuff you want to day on Day 0, you will know the plane is close to release

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.