Release Date?

stormrider

Funnier still, back then there were kind of two expected official F-15E modules: one from Razbam and one from Iris Simulations, which ended up developing exactly zero modules for DCS anyway. 

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

15 hours ago, hotrod525 said:

The F15E is in internal testing/debugging (As i understood from Feb 17th newsletter), we now have MT, F15E is litteraly around the corner.

Wherever that corner may be it's still sometime *after* it's release date announcement. We don't even have that yet.

5 hours ago, Daerchanar said:

Wherever that corner may be it's still sometime *after* it's release date announcement. We don't even have that yet.

Yeah "Release Date"...

Unannounced release make way better results. Having dead-line only to have a community in rage when you miss or if the product is not up to their expectation is bad. Putting pressure wont change a thing. I dont expect Razbam to go "Well, since we had exactly 381956 date request, we met the counter here is the date".

Once people got the module, then what ? they rush to download, they play few hours, three days later they are woundering when they'll play the Chinook ? Or whatever module ? And start asking "what the release date !" all over again ?

• Like 1

Just want to drop this here, apparently Razbam is planning to on releasing Strike Eagle into EA without notice. 

Meaning that people like me who are waiting to pre-purchase on the EA Day-1, will be surprised and loose those extra 8 bucks off. 

Not a big drama but thought of sharing this. 

Screenshot_2023-03-23-07-11-34-874-edit_com.discord.jpg

• Thanks 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

On 3/21/2023 at 11:55 PM, hotrod525 said:

F15E is litteraly around the corner.

So it's on base. Let's wait until it's on final. Two-week final.

10 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

will be surprised and loose those extra 8 bucks off.

I don't think there's a good likelihood of anyone missing the release if/when it happens. It's usually tied to a DCS release, it'll be in the release notes, AND PEOPLE WILL LOSE THE ABILITY TO WRITE LOWERCASE LETTERS!!!!!one

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cfrag said:

So it's on base. Let's wait until it's on final. Two-week final.

I don't think there's a good likelihood of anyone missing the release if/when it happens. It's usually tied to a DCS release, it'll be in the release notes, AND PEOPLE WILL LOSE THE ABILITY TO WRITE LOWERCASE LETTERS!!!!!one

I didn't say anyone missing the release though.

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

On 3/22/2023 at 9:28 PM, hotrod525 said:

Yeah "Release Date"...

Release Rates have to be announced. Otherwise, the same <profanity> like  star citizens happens. I pledged 11 years ago, and still not even a slightest hind oft release date...

I should have learned not to do any early access prepurchase any more...

Edited by xplod
Smartphone auto correction to german :-)
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Currently used modules:

- F16 Viper(primary)

- F/A 18 Hornet , F-5E Tiger, L-39, C-101 for fun

- (many more unused but great modules :-) )

It’s kind of strange and annoying that they can’t give a little hint on the progress or status of the quality testing they’re doing. Lots of people have already paid for the module, the weeks go by and nothing. I don’t get it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, xplod said:

Release Rates have to be announced. Otherwise, the same <profanity> like  star citizens happens. I pledged 11 years ago, and still not even a slightest hind oft release date...

I should have learned not to do any early access prepurchase any more...

Well, to your dislike, their wont be any for F15E.

14 hours ago, kega76 said:

It’s kind of strange and annoying that they can’t give a little hint on the progress or status of the quality testing they’re doing. Lots of people have already paid for the module, the weeks go by and nothing. I don’t get it.

But what do you expect? It was clear. The official information was - "a few months from the start of the pre order or sooner". Placing your money in a piggy bank without a release date is the choice of who pays, not who gives the piggy bank 😅. They will announce the release date of EA before the end of the pre order as was mentioned before.

Expect in May (according me). From yesterday:

mJ2ZXVp.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 3/23/2023 at 7:17 AM, Gierasimov said:

Just want to drop this here, apparently Razbam is planning to on releasing Strike Eagle into EA without notice. 

Meaning that people like me who are waiting to pre-purchase on the EA Day-1, will be surprised and loose those extra 8 bucks off. 

Not a big drama but thought of sharing this. 

Screenshot_2023-03-23-07-11-34-874-edit_com.discord.jpg

No, it isnt true 🤬 @Prowler111, @Gierasimov you can be calm, and importantly, this is not in line with ED policy. It's the ED that decides it also, not Razam that first.

It's probably some kind of incentive. however, ED promised to give an earlier date.  Personally, I said I'd pre-order when the date of EA came out (as many here). It makes no sense beforehand because it's a completely dishonest practice to pay for a promise only. Worse than Kickstarter (where whe have the date when the project will be finished and the product will come to the customer). 

Thankfully, ED made that clear earlier. So I reckon we'll know the date 2 weeks earlier. If it turns out otherwise, I will definitely demand a discount on it because it was inconsistent with earlier promises.

zHfUSWI.jpg

8KQus20.jpg

It was clearly and precisely stated by @BIGNEWY 

In general, there is no need to hurry, therefore, because someday this date will be given before the end of pre order, right? Please confirm it. Thanks.

Here is what I can confirm 

So yes, you can be calm. :thumbsup:

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

32 minutes ago, WinterH said:

Bloody hell this and F-4 release threads are both funny as hell 😄 😄 😄 The amount of speculation and make-believe from boths sides of the discussion is just hilarious 😄

Understatements and lack of clarity always cause frustration and speculation. It's nothing new. However, as for the HB F-4, I bet on autumn, there is nothing to get excited about. 😝

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

@YoYo I am calm. I don't really care about that kind of discount. The more I learn about EA plans, the more I think I will buy it much later anyways. 

To be honest as well mate, both messages from BN absolutely leave a room for: 

1- "we are going to release in xx minutes"

2-"I am sorry I didn't know what was planned.

3-"all subject to change" 

So now, you have ED person saying one thing and Razbam person saying different thing. We will see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The question was very clear about when the date of release will be given. It's more also about rules and treating us, customers and fans with respect. Importantly, it's ED's decision in the first place, not Razbam's, and I believe ED won't go back on their words. That's all. 🙂

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

10 minutes ago, AhSoul said:

It'll release when it releases. No point in spending too much time and effort debating it or or fretting over it 🙂

There's no problem with that. Let it be in May. It is important to provide information in advance. We've been waiting for this for 11 years, 1-3 months is not a problem. 😛

• Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

19 hours ago, kega76 said:

Hinting at progress on testing is completely counterproductive. How long testing will take depends entirely on how many problems are found, how long they take to fix, how many problems are found during re-testing, how long they take to fix, etc.

They won't know how long it'll take to test until testing is complete.

On 3/24/2023 at 8:29 PM, kega76 said:

The problem here is that one team (RB) is still adding features to the expected EA module build. When said 'added' that could mean those that were supposed to be there at this time but so far have been slowly crawling on the backlog. We can't know for sure what are those except ones they talked before (mostly from weapons and sensors wise aspect), but as some SMEs moved in in recent months, this could be seen as a step up in quality of not only internal testing (does it feel like the real deal) but also hinting to the developers how some stuff could be done in different way.

That, by a mere definition, is a rapid moving target inducing a brutal amount of testing. As they add fragments of new functions and procedures, the amount of required testing time starts to build up almost with geometric progression. You can't add more testers there before some bugs slip through unnoticed. Add there a fact that ED alone is in the midst of engine refactoring which bring a lot of important changes and you find yourself very near of losing any control of what your best guesses on EA drop dates.

Personally, I choose to get pre-order exclusively because of discount. I don't care if I'm the last one finding out that EA was yesterday or a month ago. No need for such stress as too many other things are out of my control.

Edited by Njinsa
  • Thanks 1