Ver 1.2.3 News

Quirkitized

Christ... If MP is still a crashfest, they should just push the MP testing and fixing to 1.2.4 and release 1.2.3 as is, beause this is getting ridiculous...

+1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they didn't have a great MP testing turn out; with the updates from that test they probably mean another beta test installer for the next MP test. hopefully they can get a huge test load.

wish they would give it to us and we can help with the MP loads. :thumbup:

:doh:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

<<.... I'll Help test... lol... seriously though.

The first thing SIMHQ/Firehouse is prolly gonna do is restore all the tankers/jtac/drones/seagulls/whatever the designer had to strip out of the missions, and fly a massive ship formation. A-10As, C, F-15Cs, P-51s, Everybody!

Oh wait, we're doing that next weekend for the FlyIn.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

IF it all goes well this weekend then it'll be put up to test download to see IF it is all good for human consumption..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

if you wanna released 1.2.3. on tuesday, that would be an awesome Bday present for me :p

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Monday is good for me, and I'm fairly certain the world revolves around me so...

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

It will be two months this week that this patch was announced.. TWO MONTHS!

Does anything else need to be said?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Apart from the fact that it's better to use time to get things done properly than to rush a half-assed patch out?

No, not really.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

The most boring topic on the entire forum is this one. Get a life!!

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Yes! It is more than five months since release of FC3 has been announced...

There's rumour ED is going to rename the whole series to "DCS Nuk'em forever!"

:-(

Yes! It is more than five months since release of FC3 has been announced...

There's rumour ED is going to rename the whole series to "DCS Nuk'em forever!"

:-(

Sorry, but having been in the flightsim-community for a long time, five months isn't long to wait if the patch is of good quality.

I've got an ocean-sized swimmingpool filled with liquid patience. IL2: Cliffs of Dover taught me that VERY well...

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Sorry, but having been in the flightsim-community for a long time, five months isn't long to wait if the patch is of good quality.

I've got an ocean-sized swimmingpool filled with liquid patience. IL2: Cliffs of Dover taught me that VERY well...

You missed the point. ED announced release of FC3 for September-2012 ("...The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics will release Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 for Windows PC in September 2012..."). There was no talking about patch, or beta-version. Just simply announced release date.

Things got complicated and they could not hold promise. OK, we accepted it. And what happened? The same story again: in December/2012 we received newsletter with link where we can download patch 1.2.3. Two months passed, and it is still nowhere...

There is a saying around here:"...Wise man learns from mistakes done by others; a fool does not learn even from his own...".

You missed the point. ED announced release of FC3 for September-2012 ("...The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics will release Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 for Windows PC in September 2012..."). There was no talking about patch, or beta-version. Just simply announced release date.

Things got complicated and they could not hold promise. OK, we accepted it. And what happened? The same story again: in December/2012 we received newsletter with link where we can download patch 1.2.3. Two months passed, and it is still nowhere...

There is a saying around here:"...Wise man learns from mistakes done by others; a fool does not learn even from his own...".

What would you prefer? That they hold back a patch that isn't up to par and take flak for that, or release a patch that might have disastrous consequences for the players and customers?

Welcome to software development. It's ALWAYS a pick your poison-situation.

The biggest issue here is that ED gave a release-date. Even if they wrote the word estimated in 2-mile high capital letters in Arial Black-fonts, people would still go ape if the estimate proved wrong. Which it did, and now we've got this mess of a thread.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

What would you prefer? That they hold back a patch that isn't up to par and take flak for that, or release a patch that might have disastrous consequences for the players and customers?

Neither, nor. I prefer ED do not promise something they can not hold. And the point is they did it twice already...

The biggest issue here is that ED gave a release-date. Even if they wrote the word estimated in 2-mile high capital letters in Arial Black-fonts, people would still go ape if the estimate proved wrong. Which it did, and now we've got this mess of a thread.
Fact is, they did not say estimated even with micro-small letters...

Let it go.

All you peeps complaining wont help one bit.

All that happens is that ED stop giving estimates, or stop giving updates about any modules that are coming. It will be no news, until they are ready to launch. And then we will have people complaining about lack of info instead.

Neither, nor. I prefer ED do not promise something they can not hold. And the point is they did it twice already...

It doesn't matter if they didn't. People would still be impatient, and then crucify them for NOT promising anything.

Fact is, they did not say estimated even with micro-small letters...

Again, it doesn't matter. Either way you look at it, they are damned in the eyes of those that don't have patience.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

1.2.3 Update

Maybe I'm just blind but lost track of the 1.2.3 update thread. Did it disappear?

Last I heard was all was well and they were building the release package. That was a week ago today. Did they run into more problems in the mean time? :dunno::pilotfly::music_whistling:

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down