Ver 1.2.3 News

Quirkitized

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something will be broken, I can't imagine a release this complicated without bugs. We can only hope it's not game breaking bugs. 1.2.3 delay is one of the best things ED has ever done if all game breaking MP bugs is fixed. If you plan to fly existing and upcoming modules in the next few years we need a stable net code. It's not a nice to have feature. It's a must have feature.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

I think it's SP's turn to be broken this time.

You do realize that if SP was broken then MP would also be broken for the host...

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I'm fairly certain ENO was talking with his tongue in cheek guys...

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

Keep in mind that it's more than just a "patch". DCS World is likely being rebaselined to 1.2.3, so they will need to build an entire DCS World 1.2.3 download package (as well as compatible modules) and smoke test each module. Then do the patch routine that will bring everything incrementally (including all installed modules) from 1.2.2 (all increments) to 1.2.3 and smoke check that.

And I'll go with home fries on that please...:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

I think it's SP's turn to be broken this time.

Have you tried getting the A-10C wingman to attack a SPI target or the Ka-50 wingman to attack a Datalink target :(

SP has been broken for a long time.

GAJ52

Intel i7-7700K @ 4.60GHz | 32 GB Ram | Win 10 Pro 64 | GTX 1080i 11.00MB | Saitek X52 Pro

Stability ..... It wasnt ever stable !!!

And the rest of my post stands too , which was "you obviously agree that DCS works as advertised on the box" ..... and dont give me I dont have a box crap , cuz you damn well know what I mean .

Also , since my post , there are people who agree that version 1 was not stable , but yet again , you disagree . Please explain what has brainwashed you into thinking that DCS was ever stable , and back that up by examples ..... just so others can understand too .

Look I dont want to get into an arguament..oops too late, it was a pedantic comment.

I will agree to disagree - I am a satisfied customer, you are not, truce?

• Like 1

Flight Sims are in constant evolution, i have never seen a perfect one. Even the simulator in the Hanger Deck on the USS Midway is flawed...

DCS is the best thing we have going and I among many am grateful.

Also, I certainly don't mind paying for added content if it enhances the experience. I am also amazed at the high number of "experts" that frequent and comment in these forums. Kudos to those who study the details and can speak intelligently about it.

Now, please give me an F18 with Carrier OPs and an F15 with Toe Brakes before I croak.... You see, some us of are Older Farts....Heh....

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Flight Sims are in constant evolution, i have never seen a perfect one. Even the simulator in the Hanger Deck on the USS Midway is flawed...

DCS is the best thing we have going and I among many am grateful.

Also, I certainly don't mind paying for added content if it enhances the experience. I am also amazed at the high number of "experts" that frequent and comment in these forums. Kudos to those who study the details and can speak intelligently about it.

Now, please give me an F18 with Carrier OPs and an F15 with Toe Brakes before I croak.... You see, some us of are Older Farts....Heh....

here here :thumbup:

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crosshair VIII hero wifi, 3800x w/ Enermax 360 AIO cooler (push-pull), 32gigs DDR4 Ripjaws 3600, Win 10 home on a Plextor PCI-E x4 3gb/s HD, EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 ultra+, Soundblaster Z

Rift S, M$FFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek pedals

BS2, A10C, P51D, SPITFIRE, FC3, Uh-1H, F86, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, MIG21-bis, AV8BNA, F14, F16, FA-18C, SUPERCARRIER

• A-10C. A-10C TGP IR operation is fixed.

? wondering if we'll see some fine heat signature simulation or if there is a bug I don't know about.

Honestly this is the change i'm looking forward to the most. I stopped using IR and just use TV mode 99% of the time in 1.2.2.

90% sure that IR can only be better with Edge, and nothing more can be done with the current engine

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

we dont need a patch today, when I get off work, my system will be taken down for routine cleaning (and T.I.M. Change on CPU/GPU Cooling).

While I finish my secondary build and start stress testing it.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs