What are your daily jobs?

hreich

Ok..i started this thread, because i was wondering what do you do for living, all of you DCS world simmers...

My job is Computer programmer in a bank..sadly...

Always wanted to be a pilot, but I have problem with my vision (left eye is ok, right eye dioptry is not so ok for a pilot -3).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a computer graphic artist. I actually don't have a job right now, but I'm searching for one.

Here are a few examples of what I've created:

533622_497473653618929_561584978_n.jpg

Unfinished model of a Huey. Made about half a year ago. Was supposed to be seen in a DayZ short movie that hasen't been made yet :P

The rotor blades were supposed to be dynamic and raise as they would spin faster. Might finish it some day.

184201_545976322101995_1454957387_n.jpg

This picture displays some of the improvements in rendering that I went through while studying computer graphics at my university.

532037_570209023012058_1589888993_n.jpg

This is something that I'm working on right now. I'm blowing up the wall of my old apartment. The CG-footage is tracked onto filmed footage (Not seen yet in the picture, of course).

So that's what I'm doing :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am a graphics technology teacher in a high school... running a small print workshop and computer drawing classes... former IT support in government ministry...

...also tried to apply for Croatian Airforce, but a dear doctor on military conscript testing had given me a general state score of 4 (all other scores were 5, grrr) that resultied in the system jetissoning me faster than a Hawg on fire gets rid of it's payload...

Now I'm a happy camper over Georgia... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Physician here, half pediatric surgeon and dentist.both at the same time :-)

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

Computer Support Systems-consultant doing In-house techsupport/admin, for the time being, but moving on to a pure Systems Consultant-position in august :)

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Commercial turbofan technician/electrician. We overhaul CF6-80 (B747, MD-11, A330) and CFM56-5B (A320) engines. I mainly do the electrical equipment disassembly, testing/checking, repairing, installation and other maintenance work.

Graduated as an avionics technician from college.

Mechanical Design Engineer, for engine installation, on class 8 trucks currently. I use Pro/Engineer 3D design software for my daily duties.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Receiving Manager, lol, Seriously.. Scanning Shipments as they come in. etc

Then when I'm not there, it's Graphics Studio time and Custom PC Building.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Automation Technician. Work offshore.

Install, fix and faultsearch on our automation equipment. Everything from PLS, transmitters, mA loops, pneumatic/hydraulic logic circuits, valves, actuators++

Better hope i do my job right then.:book:

I'm a licensed helicopter maintenance technician.

Meaning i am doing all the maintenance on the helicopters our pilots break really.

Type of helicopter i am certified on is the Agusta Westland 139.

At times i also work on the Eurocopter 155B1

Both are configured for off-shore operations.

video, dampen the volume on your speakers a bit.

AW139, in the back you can see an S-92.

EC-155 in front of the passenger terminal

Commercial turbofan technician/electrician. We overhaul CF6-80 (B747, MD-11, A330) and CFM56-5B (A320) engines. I mainly do the electrical equipment disassembly, testing/checking, repairing, installation and other maintenance work.

Graduated as an avionics technician from college.

Curious Griffin, doesn't that get a bit boring having to overhaul the same components on the same engines (type) over and over again?

Had an internship for 20 weeks in an overhaul shop for hydraulic components, run by the KLM.

And fun as it was, glad its not my daily job now, way to repetitive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Yep it does. I've been doing it for under 3 years though. You can learn it in about a year though in near future I'm probably going to start doing alot more from the mechanical side too. I'm trying to study at home, evolve and eventually either progress to other positions, go back to school for a higher degree (or pilot) or find a way out of the rat race. ;)

Though it's a job worth keeping for the time because it's a very nice working place and because of the terrible work situation here.

Edited by Griffin

Orthodontist master of science student in Egypt. have my own private practice (family business). Previously a Dentist practitioner. I try to divide my life on studying and DCS

No gf, no fiancee... Just DCS world, a bank account, and routine.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Househusband, misses earns the big bucks and i spend em on DCS.....

would love to be able to say i get heaps of time to sim but dont usually get more than a few hours a week to myself..

Ex Australian Army radio operator and ATC trainer....

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Asbestos surveyor here. Making sure that owners of buildings know where all the potential asbestos dangers are in their building and making sure they have an adequate management plan

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I'm a licensed helicopter maintenance technician.

Meaning i am doing all the maintenance on the helicopters our pilots break really.

Hey, me too! Well, I primarily work on helicopters, but I also work on fixed wing aircraft. I am school-trained in Eurocopter AS332L1, Sikorsky S-92, and Bell 412EP.

Thanks to the school of hard knocks, I also have a lot of experience on the Mi-17. In fact, the majority of my helicopter experience is now on the Mi-17. I also fly on Mi-17s as crew chief/door gunner when I'm overseas.

Then there was that 6 year U.S. Army job working on AH-64s.

The school of hard knocks?????

Anyways that's a nice selection of helicopters you work on.

The AS332L1 is either a Puma or Super Puma right?

Still find it strange you have to tow those whit the doors open cause otherwise there's a danger of them being blown over........:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Another helicopter mechanic here. S-92, S-76A/C+/C++, AW-139, EC-135, Bell 407, Bell 206, are all in our current stable in the GOM. Previous experience includes the above plus, BO-105, AS-335, and of course my first love the UH-60A.

Any of you other helicopter folks work for Bristow or Cougar?