What are your daily jobs?

hreich

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only question is what degrees/experience is needed. I would like to fly, but not for an airline.

How about bush pilot? Flying off-shore helicopters maybe?

Join a company flying small planes for pipeline inspections, aerial filming/photography.

Heli-logging

You will need an PPL at the very least though.

(personal piloting license)

Don't think you need a specific education to get an PPL, but the theory involved includes

high levels of physics, weather, aerodynamics, english, your native language, and math.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

I was thinking about heli flying for hospitals and such but figured ex-military pilots have a huge lead over everyone else. The lucky buggers get paid to get all their training and flight experience.

Well yes of course, they do. But it is achevable if thats what you want. I know of at least one lass, who paid for her own PPL, Built up hours by teaching and now flys Air Ambulances. Yes it takes time, but it is a dream you can achieve if you want it bad enough.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Looks like i have the most remote job to all of you :)

I make sure when you go home you feel at home and at ease :)

I also make doors books and maybe the italian riviera where they shouldnt be... on your wall :) in 2D

Have you guessed it yet? Faux Painter/Decorator

I only get to fly at home going on holidays and when the job needs me...

BTW is this some sort of self confession thread? All ready feeling better :)

Edited by SFAL

It's not that hard really, that is, if you work in aviation because you love it, instead of for the money.

This is so true ^. Flying in and of itself isn't really very "hard", once you get the hang of it. But it's the process of flight training that is difficult. It demands a lot of time and energy (and money), and it's easy to run out of patience and walk away from it if it's not something you love. That's what keeps most of us going when things get difficult.

And really, I do think nearly anyone can learn to fly if they're willing to put forth the time and effort. One part that is difficult for many people (myself included) is that throughout the process of flight training you have to face your own failures, accept them, and learn to overcome them. And all the while your instructor is there, painfully pointing out your mistakes. ;) It takes some perseverance (and love of flying) to be able to accept the constant criticism and evaluation, and continue forward.

But it's super rewarding when you do finally get through that gauntlet and earn a new pilot's licence or rating! It truly is a great accomplishment! :smartass:

Anyway, uh, yeah. :D

--NoJoe

Im in a dead end job - Mortuary Technician

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:thumbup:

http://justforlaughssimulation.weebly.com/

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Asus p5q-e, intel core2 extreme CPU X9650 @3.08ghz, 8.0GB DDR2 Corsair extreme, Win7 64, Nivida GTX280, AcerP243W 24' Acer S221HQL 22' TrackIR 5, Saitek X52 Pro flight control and pro pedals.

I'm a freelance webprogrammer specialized in corporate media databases, but the job also includes part-time server/network administrator, customer and end-user support and fixing people's everyday computer problems. :)

I served in the army, and when it was about time to get out I was actually offered to be trained to be an attack helicopter pilot (you could list three favorite assignments when you joined up, and I put "helicopter pilot" on top of my list. Needless to say the entire list was ignored and they made me a grunt. Yay.). The type wasn´t clear yet, but in hindsight it probably would have been the Tiger.

The only drawback was that I would have had to sign up for an additional 12 years, and that was at a time when I was seriously sick and tired of all the BS that comes with army life. I was thinking about it long and hard, but in the end I decided to decline the offer and get out.

Back in the civilian life I studied rescue engineering and then went on to become a firefigher. Training was hard but worth it. Haven´t looked back ever since, best job in the world by far.

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

Hello!

I have flown IL-2 series more than 10 years but right now I had tested DCS series randomly.

CloD is very good simulator but the biggest mistakes is that nobody has not done real on line war to this simulator.

In a dog fight servers is very funny fly but it is quit boring without good target

http://sowcampaigns.no-ip.org/ClodStats/html/search.php

That's why I had tested DCS before 777 studio will launch the Battle of Stalingrad.

My daily job is the Maintenance Manager of Air Ports. Air Port's rescue service is also my responsible and I had been voluntary fire fighter more than thirty years.

Our squadrons website has few photos about my hobby: http://www.skyfellows.com/html/kuvia_22.html

http://www.skyfellows.com/html/kuvia_17.html

Very interesting reading what you all do or have done. And I thought everyone was just a bunch of young kids.... J/K... I realize the avg. age of Flight Simmers.

I am not working today...I finally do not have to...

My career has been in Semiconductor manufacturing facilities engineering and management.

I was a UPW/IWS/Subfab abatement engineer with Intel Corp. Most recently was the Facilities Director at a corporate site with two FABs over O&M, EH&S, Site Services and Security.

Our main goal was to minimize factory downtime and provide top notch customer service.

I have flown small planes but never got my pilots license. I do feel I missed my calling, I always wanted to be a naval aviator. So now I am living that dream through flight sims. That is why I need the F18 with Carrier Ops so badly. I hope it comes before I am pushing up daises.

Ex-Navy, Viet-Nam Era Vet

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I'm a retired Air Force Boom Operator. I'm now a Firefighter / EMT in Northern California.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Freelance Graphics and Web designer here. I'm working as a night receptionist at a 5 stars Boutique Suites so I'm taking my macbook there and doing both jobs at the same time :music_whistling:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p