25 April 2013 Update from Matt

Raven68

Update folks...

25 April 2013 Update

Dear all,

The past week or so has been more than a bit traumatic with the loss of a dear friend and our studio director has been away on travel in the US (in fact, meeting with me yesterday). One result of the meeting was him granting me much more freedom in how I can pass along information here. Earlier we had a more complex system of checks for public announcements that could slow things down dramatically. This will be changing in the form of weekly Friday updates starting next week.

Many of you are wondering and openly asking, "what's up with 1.2.4 and UH-1?!?" The BST UH-1H pre-purchase beta version is ready to go, but in order for it to work within DCS, we must release it concurrently with DCS ver. 1.2.4. Unfortunately, over the past week we had a few of A-level blocking bugs that prevented this from happening (like flares that had no effect on IR-guided missiles and ground units that would crazily warp around the map in network play). We think these have now been resolved and the 1.2.4 software is being retested. Once we are sure these have been resolved, both 1.2.4 and UH-1H will be released. Given the nature of bug hunting / extermination, I'm afraid that I cannot provide a release date.

While 1.2.4 has added several new features and fixed quite a few bugs, we do not pretend that it has cleaned up all outstanding issues, like performance impact from some types of cluster munitions. Such issues will continue to be worked on and addressed in 1.2.5 and beyond.

Thanks,

Matt

EDIT: Thanks for the update Matt. I'm sure most of us will appreciate these announcements.

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Should not be much longer now.... Friday updates will be nice....

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Thx!

1 more reason to love Fridays!

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Another step in the right direction. I believe that this community has matured enough to accept unavoidable delays and changes.

Thanks a lot. :thumbup:

Wishlist: DCS: MiG29M/CMT | DCS: MiG25/31 | DCS: MiG-23MLD | DCS: F16CJ

While 1.2.4 has added several new features and fixed quite a few bugs, we do not pretend that it has cleaned up all outstanding issues, like performance impact from some types of cluster munitions. Such issues will continue to be worked on and addressed in 1.2.5 and beyond.
That's bad news for me. Not having a very fast PC this hits me hard. There are times where frames drop to 1 fps. Especially in multiplayer where there are a dozen of guys dropping anything they have all at once. Please make this a priority so that it is fixed with the next patch. Thanks.

I believe a weekly update system is a good step. Also, cluster munitions need more work but let's all hope for a close HUEY release. I can't wait to get my hands on that bird.

That's bad news for me. Not having a very fast PC this hits me hard. There are times where frames drop to 1 fps. Especially in multiplayer where there are a dozen of guys dropping anything they have all at once. Please make this a priority so that it is fixed with the next patch. Thanks.

trust me, nothing makes me madder than a slideshow. I resorted to Mk-82's just for this. I hope they model an airburst Mk-20.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Thankyou for the update Matt, it is appreciated. I think everyone of us is aware of the traumatic week, with sad loss to dcs and our community as a whole. I think the idea of a Friday update will be very well received.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Does this mean we'll get a nice Update tomorrow?:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Does this mean we'll get a nice Update tomorrow?:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

It would be nice Skates. Like a 1.2.4 release?? :lol: That would know the socks off the community.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

it'd have to knock my boots off first.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thanks Wags and ED!

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Awesome! I hope the move to a more open information policy, like in the beginning is well received, by the community.

I really love these updates on what is happening behind the scenes. Well, of course it can't be a release or major improvement all the time. Hopefully people learn that these sim development thingy is sometimes troublesome and complex. So delays have to be expected.

For myself I can say any info thrown our way, is highly appreciated and waiting is a lot easier when you know "they are fixing the flare issue", much better than to be disappointed by a borked release. Hey, even a release info with the bugs not fixed by 1.2.4 will give us the power to decide if we update or wait... and you know "when it is done" it is to be expected that CBUs still hit the fps, so no need for a new shitstorm (which by the way doesn't help solve the bug anyhow).

So thank you Matt for your support of the community. :thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)