DCS F-15 module

Since the F-15 will have an AFM in the module does anybody know if this means modeling of the FCS as well?

I guess no one know about the avionics fidelity yet..

Cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already been stated F-15C for DSC World will be the F-15C will the same systems and avionics as FC3, with AFM, Individualized from the FC3 Plane Set and sold separately.

There is no mention or confirmation of said AFM being attached to FC3's F-15C

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Already been started F-15C for DSC World will be the F-15C will the same systems and avionics as FC3, with AFM, Individualized from the FC3 Plane Set and sold separately.

There is no mention or confirmation of said AFM being attached to FC3's F-15C

I should rephrase my question..

Is the F-15 FCS considered a part of the AFM and thus modelled?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

I should rephrase my question..

Is the F-15 FCS considered a part of the AFM and thus modelled?

If they are going to market it as "F-15 with AFM (soon to be DCS)", I would expect the FCS to be on par with the A-10s. Meaning it flies as close as possible using the same control laws/physics as the real deal or else it would be pointless. Just my uninformed assumption.

I'm guessing that the "new" F-15 will be "F-15C for DCS" and that aside from AFM the aircraft will only have a few small improvements (i.e. increased realism) over the FC3 Eagle.

The rest will be in the "DCS:F-15C Eagle" module that can be bought stand alone or as an upgrade from "F-15C for DCS".

There needs to be enought difference between the FC3 Eagle and the AFM Eagle to warrant a purchase as well as between the AFM Eagle and the DCS: Eagle further down the road.

This might very well be a good way for regular FC3 customers to gradually be turned towards higher fidelity simulations. Everybody wins! :)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

As such, the F-15C Eagle and Su-27 Flanker will be catered to them. Both of these aircraft will have the same detailed 3D models, cockpits and sounds of the Flaming Cliffs 3 versions, but we will be adding an Advanced Flight Model (AFM) for each.

We also want to release these aircraft in such a manner to allow users that are not interested in Flaming Cliffs 3, or do not have a Lock On installation, to still have these aircraft in their DCS World stable of aircraft, but at a greatly reduced price.

This is not to say that we will not also continue to create very high level of detail simulations. At a later point, we will further develop these aircraft to include mouse clickable cockpit and the same level of detail as the DCS: A-10C Warthog, but that is a massive effort that will take time.

This means:

The F-15C will come with an AFM, but with the same cockpit, 3D model etc, as the F-15C in FC3.

At a later date, they will improve and upgrade the standalone F-15C and Su-27 to a high fidelity, like the A-10C.

And before someone takes thing out of context here, just because you buy a F-15C with an AFM, does not mean you will get the high fidelity for free later... Just saying.

Source: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=105800

I'm guessing that the "new" F-15 will be "F-15C for DCS" and that aside from AFM the aircraft will only have a few small improvements (i.e. increased realism) over the FC3 Eagle.

The rest will be in the "DCS:F-15C Eagle" module that can be bought stand alone or as an upgrade from "F-15C for DCS".

There needs to be enought difference between the FC3 Eagle and the AFM Eagle to warrant a purchase as well as between the AFM Eagle and the DCS: Eagle further down the road.

Agree

This is just another movement to get more "easy cash"

Greetings

P.D. Still waiting for DCS fast jet high fidelity. I and lot of friends wont buy anymore since FC2 till DCS fast jet high fidelity

Agree

Greetings

P.D. Still waiting for DCS fast jet high fidelity. I and lot of friends wont buy anymore since FC2 till DCS fast jet high fidelity

That "Easy cash" as you put it - pays for the fast jet project.

This means:

The F-15C will come with an AFM, but with the same cockpit, 3D model etc, as the F-15C in FC3.

At a later date, they will improve and upgrade the standalone F-15C and Su-27 to a high fidelity, like the A-10C.

And before someone takes thing out of context here, just because you buy a F-15C with an AFM, does not mean you will get the high fidelity for free later... Just saying.

Source: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=105800

The Idea with the standalone F-15 and Su-27 is to cater to people who prefer mid-fidelity sims, but don't own Lock On. It is not intended to compete with the eventual DCS module.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

The Idea with the standalone F-15 and Su-27 is to cater to people who prefer mid-fidelity sims, but don't own Lock On. It is not intended to compete with the eventual DCS module.

Nate

What about the people who own the FC3?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nate

I mean whether the owner of FC3 can get the AFMs of F-15 and Su-27 free?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish ED will leave Ubi's boat and mind its own business. I am sure that from that 40$ price of FC3 some nice sum goes to those "big boys" that do the sitting ;) .

Since A-10C, Ka-50 and P-51 already have a very casual mode named "game"... and since all modules integrate in the same DCS World it is only sensible to think that all modules should have that "Game mode" (and please never ever rename it in "arcade" :D). This mode is for kids and new people and for casual showing off the game to friends when you can't put all the gear On...

So the middle ground "Flaming Cliffs style" of sim... "simulation but not in extreme study detail" has also it's place on the market. Actually two places:

1. For people that are not kids enough to play game for long or at all, but also don't have the time or the will to learn full avionics of one plane and then forget it when switching to other. They enjoy simulation but without the simulation of the "clumsy", sometimes "bureaucratic" real interface between man and machine.

They are really a lot of people that really enjoy flying machines but they are immediately turned off when they are presented with a 800 pages manual. They would pay for Ka50, A10C and P51 etc if they could fly them DCS FC3 style. They would bring money to ED so they can spend on building the sim further... and pay for they own lifes also (let's not forget).

Btw... this world of people is the most probable to bring girls into this sim... (just saying... :P )

2. For people that want study sims but they also want them... yesterday (I am 38... almost). So this would do many goods:

A. It would be a good bed test for a module... put a module in FC3-middle style and see what is the demand for it. Not many? Scrap it... don't die with producing something that will ruin you. Build something else.

B. Put the module in FC3-Middle style and you have a big basis of betatesting.

C. Put in first in FC3-middle style and you can get developing funds very early.

In fact, I believe striving for a "perfect" sim module to be sold at 40-50$ is very dangerous. Nothing comes out of the factory for long time, hype is building or patience is wearing and when it does come out (although on the forums you get some 100 cheering applauses) it does not much to the budget... no money...

When people fall for the Hype they usually get bored quickly (and I am not refering to those 100 guys on forums) because that emotion that come from expectation just drains all when the thing is out of the box. Yes, it's emotional but wears off and produce less money. Unless you hype millions with Crystuff 18... but is not the case here.

Why build a module to be sold in 2+ years with 40 bucks to few people (because you scare them with "study sim" stamp) when you can sell a lot more in one year at just 20$ then one year later sell even more than initially predicted with another 20$ for the study version?? Cause you let the first more "user friendly" product make marketing for you while you develop.

One guy presented with a A-10C might say... thanks but no thanks... but one that works more like the A-10A from FC3 might attract him and he chips in 20$ and after one year he could be hooked and he will buy the "Study Part" for another 20$ and even if he will not play it he might say to himself that he supports the developer or maybe some day... he will try the study... You know... all of us have at least one plastic airplane replica that just sits in the box waiting for "that day" to be assembled.

So... to end this long rambling...

I think ED is doing just that... gets rid of dUBI and creates these 3 markets that will support each other... and we should not be scared of it... it's going to be just fine.

On the other hand... Belsimtek almost got it correct... although the price for beta module might feel a bit high. And Beczl I think is got it wrong. Sorry. So much waiting (not to forget that some already payed something for support) and the study module might not impress enough people to make it justifiable to continue the development.

And the partners should not forget that they are competing each other on simmers "wallet time"... If their module releases overlaps... prioritizing may ensue...

my 2 cents an too much words... I know.. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Agree

Greetings

Easy cash? :huh:

There was high demand on get rid of SFM and ED is building AFM for us, never-ending-demanding-consumers and yes, it has a cost. And to quote Nate as he well said: "That "Easy cash" as you put it - pays for the fast jet project. ". Plus AFM creation takes time and time is... $

ED makes efforts in constantly upgrading their products, add features to existing products, supporting third parties in their creation / dev process.

When they'll finish that (ending this upgrading process with DCS: F-15C for the named ACFT), the initial FC2/3 product would have nothing to do with the DCS title.

The point is that we'll have to pay maybe more if you count FC3 price tag + AFM + ... to come maybe with DCS: F-15c at full price.

I think that's what is deserved to a niche market. To you/me/us to agree with and buy... or not following the interest put in the project.

@zaelu: I like your approach, kind of modular modules :)

But, isn't their a fear to 'fragment' the market? Would be that still profitable, or even financially sustainable?

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

All we can do is wait and see. ED is still discussing internally.

I suggested to include it for free for FC3 owners cause most of them already paid for the game 4 times.

(FC1, FC2, FC3 and ofcourse you need lock-on)

It will also avoid having 2 different flight models ingame that mission editors would have to include.

And then you also need different designation for the AFM and NON AFM F15 and SU27.

We will see what ED comes up whit though, cause in the end, its there decision.

(probably a good thing to, however strange that may sound)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

I just want Super High Fidelity DCS: F-15C Eagle (even more fidelity than DCS: A-10C Warthog), and don't even bother making Game Mode (please)!

I like that too, but ED should take care because they have Su-25T and Su-25A forgotten. Lot of People specialy the A-10C pilots have said to me that they hate the Su-25T :cry:, So thats sound the pilots that love such planes will remain in a Special Situation.

I would love ED add more Systems Level for the FC3 aircrafts, and they become as module.

For sure if I have to pay 39 $ for a Su-25T with more Systems I will. Rigth now Mr. Wag have put in a strange Situation with this poll, the pilots that flight the FC3 plains. A lot of them do it because there are not other choice for their lovely planes.

We will see what they do

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just figured out:

Releasing a part of an enhanced F-15c by itself, isn't it a way to get rid of Ubisoft royalties (From LOMAC times) and take own independence into DCS world as module? That's clever and makes sense. (my 2 cts)

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Come on here ..... you want a DCS quality F-15 and SU-27 for a song .

These guys need money to pay their people to develop these add ons ..... Ill pay what their looking for 30 , 40 euro no worries ..... if I really want it .